PDA

View Full Version : Some input please, any ideas?

1997COBRA
12-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Ok, well over the past year I've put on bbk l/t headers, bbk midpipe, bassani cat back, mass air meter, bbk cai, and got it chipped. I just wondered if any of you had any ideas of what to add next performance wise. I figured a few thoughts might help me out..

im thinking a reprogrammer, any ideas on those?

dewone
12-30-2005, 09:15 AM
Under pulleys, dyno tune and let the tuner reprogram.

1997COBRA
12-31-2005, 02:23 AM
i have a new pulley, sorry i forgot to mention it, i was typing in a rush. im thinking maybe 4.10s

1997COBRA
12-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Under pulleys, dyno tune and let the tuner reprogram.
if it's dyno tuned, then why is there a need to reprogram it?

cobrabitn
12-31-2005, 07:09 AM
If it's dyno tuned and is a safe tune then there is no need to reprogram. 4:10's are a definite and you will feel a big difference from those 3:27's. :thumbsup:

1997COBRA
12-31-2005, 03:45 PM
any other ideas?

The Gord
01-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Pullies are definitely a good buy, I run the ASP pullies. If you are considering gears, i would go with the 4.30's. They are much better on the strip than the 4.10's and do not rev much higher than the 4.10's on the highway. I made a chart for our cars comparing all the popular gears and resulting rpm's if that woud help.

1997COBRA
01-07-2006, 12:28 AM
yea of course, that would help, id like to see it. but keep in mind that im a daily driver. i only get about 240 miles on a tank right now

ausie
01-07-2006, 09:30 AM
240 miles on a tank of gas :thumbsup: How much of that is highway? I never stayed on a highway long enough (or slow enough) to see what my milage would be. I beileve the farthest I have gone on a tank of gas with my 01 was close to 282 but that was mixed driving. Compare that to the 04 and the number drops to about 180 (I have yet to drive it conservatively, way too much fun not too).

Cheap: (best value)(street legal)
Gearing up the rear end may get you some more fun time behind the wheel as well as wake up 5th gear a bit. That would also make driving through town less of a chore at those low posted speed limits.

Reasonalbe: (lower cost than that below unless you pop a piston)
Add a NOS system (dry , you may need a stronger bottom end for wet). Not legal for use on the street (but legal to have it on the car if not used).

Expensive: (costs is high for the HP/tq gain) (street legal, but some cams are not due to emissions)
Last, as this would depend on how much money you would be willing to spend, you could always get your heads ported and re-cammed but that would aslo require a new tune of the chip.

A bit more Expensive: (cost is reasonable for the HP/tq gain) (street legal)
Add a supercharger and all the needed compnents to feed it properly.

Most Expensive: (street legal)
Add a supercharger and all the components, plus have the heads ported and re-cammed for a supercharger application. At this point you may as well increase the strength of the lower end. Might as well just drop a new crate motor in that is built for boost/NOS applications.

The Gord
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
mine is also a DD, and I personally didnt think the 4.30 would be much worse than the 4.10's. on the highway, I just cruise at low RPM's in 5th. My chart is in excel and I dont know how to post it. I can email you if you drop me your address. on the chart I added a line to show where the IRMC opens for the 2nd intake valve. I guess just pick the gear that stays below this at the cruising speed in 5th gear. I do have a 99, so correct me if Im wrong with this IMRC thing.

bluebyu
01-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Definately get a Throttle body, The single blade from Accufab is sweet, I noticed my snake huffed much better and a aluminum drive shaft, less weight to turn more HP. And even some 10.5 live wires and screamin demon coil packs can help some. all of that with a good tune, You'll be grinning from ear to ear. I love my 4.10s, They will make a differance in the seat of your pants once you mash the pedal. Be sure to get a better shifter too. Steeda tri ax or UPR'S Blue thunder or MGW. More precise shifting and quicker shifts and you might wanna think about a stronger clutch to force all the horsepower to the wheels. I like the SPEC stage 2 clutch but they are several good clutches on the market. Be sure if you install a new clutch to have your fly wheel turned so the new clutch will have a smooth surface.:thumbsup: