PDA

View Full Version : New ? on chip problem

tazzracing1
01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
OK here we go I decided on a whim to install the chip again that before set off the theft system and this time the chip worked car started up and trac control shutoff so I let the car run for a while shut it off and it was back at it chip setting off theft system any ideas?? or who I should contact.

Rockets04Cobra
01-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Who is the chip made by? If it's SCT I can definitely help :)
The traction control is not an issue with the chip. When programmed you have 2 options, either enable TC, or disable fully all the time (chip has to be flashed to get TC re-enabled). Basically, the guy you bought it from didn't want the TC coming on, and the programmer disabled TC on the chip.
The theft alert is another issue...hmmm

tazzracing1
01-02-2006, 08:54 AM
it is an autologic chip. I'm figuring I need a new chip. So i'm also hunting for a great price but a place I can be sure to get a reliable and safe tune from. All help is apreciated.

blk04cobra1
01-02-2006, 09:10 AM
If you're just looking for a chip, we can set you up with one from Sniper, with a custom tune for $225. It'll be a conservative tune, but you'll still wanna get on the dyno to make sure and if there's any tweaking needed, we'll do that at no charge :thumbsup:

tazzracing1
01-02-2006, 10:11 AM
I will be in touch shortly, Thank You

Larry M