PDA

View Full Version : Going into day 3

BlueOvalPower
01-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Started yesterday on the X-pipe. WB o2, and the upper and lower pulley swap. Those manifold bolts are terrible to get off, ran all the wiring for the O2 sensor and put in the gauge pod, started on the lower pulley today that was a lot of fun, put on the new idler plate only to realize I thought the instuctions said if using the factory idler use the lower pulley they said if using the factory SC pulley use the lower hole for the idler and I stripped out one of the screws :mad: so I am not sure what I am doing with that yet.
Everything else went well way too much work to do at once, got the plugs changed as well should finish up tomorrow and work on the computer stuff from there. And start looking at SC cooling stuff and maybe a ported blower. Just thought I would update you all and Happy New Year

Robert

cobrabitn
01-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Rob,

Take your time and get it right the first time. Don't try to rush to finish and maybe things will go smoother. Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
01-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I agree with Tony, when doing this stuff yourself, take the extra time and do it right...believe you me, it'll be worth it in the long run :thumbsup:

BlueOvalPower
01-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks I really haven't been in a hurry I just didn't expect it to take this long LOL, looks a lot simpler with the parts laid out ready to install. The good thing is I am getting to know the car and it is a new day :thumbsup: thanks for the replys

Robert

BlueOvalPower
01-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Well its driving and at least it is running a little rich as opposed to really lean :thumbsup: need to tighten up the exhaust a little and get it tuned, it just has a "generic" that was designed for the mods, got scared at first all this smoke started coming out and realized the stickers on the x-pipe were getting crispy LOL theres a lot of new power there its seems to have less torque but I am assuming that may have something to do with a tune as well.

Robert

BlueOvalPower
01-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Got the generic tune and a little adjustment, no more off idle bog and no more rear tires LOL, I still need a correct tune but it is driving good, it had seem to reverse no more off idle bogs but downshifting and turning it was stalling that has been corrected with an update, exhaust is wwwwaaaaayyyyy!!!! too loud with that O/R X-pipe and stingers, looking into what to do it seems like a little sound deadening and an H-pipe with hi-flow cats is the way to go I may rob a little power but keep my sanity :rotf: , thanks everyone for you help and support seems like it is coming together well.

Robert

cobrabitn
01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Glad you got the problem fixed! :thumbsup: