PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooling Question

SuperG
01-06-2006, 08:49 AM
It's me again!

How do you properly cool the engine oil? I want to keep oil temps down for the supercharger's sake. I assumed I could buy a standard oil cooler (I have a B&M racing cooler) and find a spot for it in the front, get some tubing and some fittings, create a bracket, and be done with it. All for around $100.

I have heard it's not that simple, afterall, and I should expect to lay out about $350-400.

Send help!

SNAKEYE
01-29-2006, 09:33 PM
It's me again!

How do you properly cool the engine oil? I want to keep oil temps down for the supercharger's sake. I assumed I could buy a standard oil cooler (I have a B&M racing cooler) and find a spot for it in the front, get some tubing and some fittings, create a bracket, and be done with it. All for around $100.

I have heard it's not that simple, afterall, and I should expect to lay out about $350-400.

Send help!The engine is equipped with an oil cooler from the factory. It's between the block and the oil filter, that chunk of aluminum.
If you want cool (especially with that Vortech) put your $400 into a two-core main radiator.

SuperG
01-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Rats! It was an impulse buy...well, I could always use the cooler for the tranny...Thanks!