PDA

View Full Version : F'n Thieves

Twice Bitten
01-07-2006, 01:34 PM
My truck was broken into for the 3rd time in about 18 months, twice at work and once at therapy for my shoulder :mad: Now it needs a new door, window, tint and lock. :mad: Time to set a trap and catch the SOB's :thumbsup:

May be time for a new truck :thumbsup: and give up on the idea of getting a Ford GT anytime soon :(

Firme
01-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Man, Larry that sucks :( .

I remember when it got broken into while you were at therapy, you were mad, so I assume this was at work again???

Maybe its time for video camera's at work?

Sorry to hear that man. Get a nice clifford alarm that alerts the remote when the alarm is triggered.

Now don't go out and buy a whole new truck cause or this :D but if you do, dibs on the old one.

But seriously, sorry to hear man, :( I know first hand, its one of the worst feelings coming back to you vehicle and finding it burgalarized. :mad:

kencobra
01-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Sorry to hear about that Larry. I know the pain as I have had a Camaro and a Mustang stolen twice each. I have some great stories to tell you sometime about both of the times the GT was stolen.

Hope evrything works out. Tell Rachel Jocelyn and I said hi.

spitfire
01-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Damn that sucks! Thats one of my worst fears! That's why we use the wifes new car for everyday use! nothing worth stealing! I once heard of a guy that had his truck stolen so many times that he once installed fish hooks all under the dash, and the next time they tried to steal it, all they left was a trail of blood!

But I think Edmund has the right Idea. They also have alarms now that allert your remote, and then you can choose when to turn off the vehicle!
Good luck on your repairs!

97CasperCobra
01-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Maybe I should become a surveillance person for hire.....can I borrow the AR15??? :D

Twice Bitten
01-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I had a Gran National that was stolen twice, the second time it was stolen they even went so far as to take the alarm :mad: My 1996 F350 was broken into in my driveway, I was supposed to have an alarm installed the next day, had the appointment set up already :( Now 3 times to this truck, it is not anything fancy, looks like a work truck :mad:

I knew someone in high school that would hide things under his dash. Anytime there was something of value, it would get stolen during the night. Finally the guy took a hot glue gun and glued some razor blades in his hiding spot. The next day, one of his running buddies came to school with one of his hand all sliced up, and covered with bandages :thumbsup:

I am thinking along these lines, because a thief will always return to the scene of the crime. Also thinking of setting up a fund to help the New Orleans evacuees move back home, just to lower our crime rate here in Houston. It is a shame the media will not make a big deal about the crime rate being up over 25% since they have arrived. I guess that is how they think they should repay us for our hospitality :doubt:

Carl G
01-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy. People who steal are worthless in my books. I dont care what the reason. I am with you that it is time to send them back to Lousiana and reclaim the Galleria. My office is there and every day for lunch you see them just wondering around doing aboslutely nothing. :mad: Hope everything works out on the truck :thumbsup:

Blownsvtlightning
01-08-2006, 01:26 AM
My truck was broken into for the 3rd time in about 18 months, twice at work and once at therapy for my shoulder :mad: Now it needs a new door, window, tint and lock. :mad: Time to set a trap and catch the SOB's :thumbsup:

May be time for a new truck :thumbsup: and give up on the idea of getting a Ford GT anytime soon :(

which truck? If you need help, I can build you a new lock, and I may have a new handle. let me know if I can help.

Twice Bitten
01-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Thanks James, for the offer. The lock is pushed in, but the handle is ok. The skin of the door if FUBAR, they ripped the sheet metal when they tried to unlock it in two places.

I am really considering getting a new truck though! :doubt:

Blownsvtlightning
01-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Thanks James, for the offer. The lock is pushed in, but the handle is ok. The skin of the door if FUBAR, they ripped the sheet metal when they tried to unlock it in two places.

I am really considering getting a new truck though! :doubt:

depending how the lock is pushed in you may still have a bad handle, the holding clip in the back breaks in the back. I have 2 super duty black handles but I am not sure for which side of the truck. If one of the ones I have will work, then it's yours if needed. Also I know a guy that does bad ass bodywork and is not expensive. even if you sell the truck, you may get more for it repaired. Most likely he will just put an outer skin on the door if that is the route you go. Either way... good luck!!!

cobrapace94
01-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear Larry. It is a bad feeling walking out & seeing you have beed voilated.

Twice Bitten
01-08-2006, 11:19 AM
depending how the lock is pushed in you may still have a bad handle, the holding clip in the back breaks in the back. I have 2 super duty black handles but I am not sure for which side of the truck. If one of the ones I have will work, then it's yours if needed. Also I know a guy that does bad ass bodywork and is not expensive. even if you sell the truck, you may get more for it repaired. Most likely he will just put an outer skin on the door if that is the route you go. Either way... good luck!!!

The lock was pushed in by the bar that goes to the manual lock at the top of the door. My key will no longer turn the lock itself. I am pretty sure that the clip that holds the lock mechanism to the handle broke when they tried to unlock the the door.

It is the drivers side handle that is messed up. I do not have the part number for the handle. I might clean out the glass inside the door and see if I can get the part number for you. I have a friend that does great body work as well, he is just slow. Unless you have a better connection at ford or a junk yard, it is almost cheaper to get a new door. $500 for the skin, $565 for a new door, minus a 20% discount. Several junk yards wanted $600 for a door :mad:
James,
thanks again. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
01-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy but in a town like this its bound to happen unfortunately...

Andy M
01-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Larry,

I feel your pain man! :( Mine was broken into twice, once you may remember was at BJ's while we were all eating inside! ARGH!!!! :mad:

I had the clifford alarm installed after the first time, but it still was not enough of a deterent! They may not be able to steal it because of the ignition kill, but they can certainly break in and steal what's inside.

A friend of mine had some VERY loud VERY piercing bull horns installed inside his truck so that it would hurt if the alarm were going off while you are inside the truck.

As for the Katrina evacuees, I certainly don't believe that all the ones which came here are causing the crime rate to go up; however, I do believe there are a larger percentage than we think which are adding to our already problematic crime rates. Its a damned shame that we live in a city which law enforcement does not seem to be able to handle in a efficient manner. This is really getting out of control in my opinion and something MUST be done!!

Blownsvtlightning
01-08-2006, 03:48 PM
As for the Katrina evacuees, I certainly don't believe that all the ones which came here are causing the crime rate to go up; however, I do believe there are a larger percentage than we think which are adding to our already problematic crime rates. Its a damned shame that we live in a city which law enforcement does not seem to be able to handle in a efficient manner. This is really getting out of control in my opinion and something MUST be done!!

There are more than you may think causing the problems. Working next to the astrodome, I saw the chaos first hand in the form of multiple robberies and cases of theft, several of which were at my place of employment. One thing I will agree with you on is that something must be done, but how? The city under bill white is more interested in generating new revenue in the form of multi-million dollar traffic light systems and vehicle towing policies. The simple fact is there is no profit in going after these people, which makes it a lesser priority. I have heard many officers refer to our Mayor as Mayor White-meyer.... that alone should speak volumes..

Twice Bitten
01-09-2006, 01:35 AM
We have several delivery drivers from Baton Rouge that have told me that a high percentage of the people that were bussed in from New Orleans were no good. They were happy for them to come here instead of their home town, where they were not wanted.They said the crime rate would go up, and it has. Everything they told me and everyone at our office has come to pass. The largest majority of the people from N.O. are law abiding citizens, but they also brought in the worst that N.O. has to offer. Our city is having problems with patrolling now, it is going to get worse when a large number of police officers from HPD retire in the near future. There is not enough new recruits to make up the difference :(

ORANGE CRUSH
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
We have several delivery drivers from Baton Rouge that have told me that a high percentage of the people that were bussed in from New Orleans were no good. They were happy for them to come here instead of their home town, where they were not wanted.They said the crime rate would go up, and it has. Everything they told me and everyone at our office has come to pass. The largest majority of the people from N.O. are law abiding citizens, but they also brought in the worst that N.O. has to offer. Our city is having problems with patrolling now, it is going to get worse when a large number of police officers from HPD retire in the near future. There is not enough new recruits to make up the difference :(

Sorry to hear that Larry... Damn Looters!!!!!!!!!

03slidewayzSVT
01-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I thought texas motto was (If you loot, we will shoot) buy some bullets!!!:D

Twice Bitten
01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I thought texas motto was (If you loot, we will shoot) buy some bullets!!!:D

By the time the cop who works for us got his hand on his pistol, they were around the corner already. :( That is the state motto, and we use it as often as we can :D