PDA

View Full Version : Shop Recommendations

JBoden
01-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I got the KB Extreme Matrix System (sub-frames, jacking rails and matrix brace) to install and need recommendations for a shop that can fit and weld everything together for me (a welder I'm not - especially upside down). :rolleyes:

Firme
01-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Slater's has done a good job for alot of people here. I used Jeff G. but have not heard from his in a while.

msmap
01-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Slater's :)

JBoden
01-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks Edmond and Sherri - I'd forgotten about Slater - they put together a killer differential for my son's fox body several years ago. :eek:

97CasperCobra
01-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Bumbera's does a good job which I'm planning on having them install my Matrix Kit when I get it. They torque the car then weld the kit in....ask Joe or Andy, they could explain it better than I can. :thumbsup:

JBoden
01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Mike - I'll call Bumbera tomorrow.

John Chingasos
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Could you please post or pm me the cost. I am considering the exact same thing for my Mach 1

jimmysidecarr
01-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I really liked they way I was treated at Slaters...

HOWEVER... I DID NOT LIKE THE QUALITY OF THE WELDS

I used to weld so... I'm kinda fussy and I know what I'm looking at...

I wish I had the money to just buy a welder because I could have done a better job myself.... and for what I payed I could have bought a welder

I think I fall into this category--> :shtowned:

Twice Bitten
01-09-2006, 08:18 PM
What kind of welder are you talking about Jimmy, I have an antique stick (arc) welder at the house, you could use :thumbsup:

Levi
01-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks Mike - I'll call Bumbera tomorrow.

I had them do my jacking rails, matrix brace and torque arm with most excellent results. You will pay a little more for there services. I went with them because they build race cars and I needed to know that my torque arm went in correctly. Track results have been no less then awesome.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
01-10-2006, 02:58 PM
I had them do my jacking rails, matrix brace and torque arm with most excellent results. Track results have been no less then awesome.:thumbsup:

Yea they have.....eventually I'll get to where you are Stan the Man... ;)

jimmysidecarr
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
What kind of welder are you talking about Jimmy, I have an antique stick (arc) welder at the house, you could use :thumbsup:

No more stick welding(BUZZ BOX) for me(unless it's TIG).... I got spoiled using MIG :p

JBoden
01-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Bumbera's it is - I talked to Kenny for quite some time and he certainly had the right answers. I have an appointment on Monday and let everyone know what happens. :bounce:

Twice Bitten
01-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Tell Kenny I said Hi, see how much he wants for a 55 gallon drum of 104 octane for me please :D

JBoden
01-12-2006, 08:18 PM
You've got it Larry - a barrel of 104 to go :cool:

spitfire
01-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I just bought a Mig welder! Although it is flux core wire, it still works, I think I will upgrade it to Gas, because the flux core wire makes a really big mess. So far all I have done with it is make new brackets for the Hood lift, and fix my Nieces Scooter! Weld was ugly, but since I have a grinder, it looks smooth. Before I had this, I paid someone to install my connectors, what a mistake! I am with Jimmy, If you want somethng done right, you have to do it yourself! I just whish I knew how to paint! Just like you said Jimmy, with the money I have spent on Painting, I could of have bought the building and a paint booth, but I still would not have the Skills! :cool:

Good luck getting the work done, and although too late, I would have added a vote for Slaters! :thumbsup:

JBoden
01-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks to all that gave there opinions - I ended up at Bumbera's and couldn't be happier.

Kenny Bumbera took on the project himself and delivered 100% satisfaction.

I wouldn't hesitate using them again. :bounce:

97CasperCobra
01-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks to all that gave there opinions - I ended up at Bumbera's and couldn't be happier.

Kenny Bumbera took on the project himself and delivered 100% satisfaction.

I wouldn't hesitate using them again. :bounce:

great to hear Jim....I'm planning on visiting their shop soon. :thumbsup: