PDA

View Full Version : Something fun to do(I'm a geek)

svtmc-g
01-09-2006, 07:15 AM
I hit the touchless car wash for the first time this year(already washed it in the near freezing cold a couple times...never again)
while I was waiting for the sprayer arm to get started moving in there...i revved the Cobra up a bit and smiled...rolled down the window and really REALLy revved it...MAN it sounds cool in that little room!HAHAHA(I don't own a garage...this is new to me!)I highly suggest it if the wash thing is slow getting started...sounds freakin sweet! :thumbsup:

03slidewayzSVT
01-09-2006, 12:02 PM
nothing uncommon for a mustang owner to do, try it next to the concrete barriers on the highway. Do it when you see workers on the other side of that wall and rev the piss out of it:D It will rattle there cages hahah now thats funny I don't care who you are thats funny there (Larry da cable guy):rotf: :rotf:

nckissfan
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
ugh, recycled water:eek:

yeah, that is fun to do in confined spaces. Going through tunnels is awesome:thumbsup:

ausie
01-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Under an overpass is fun or through a small town street lined with row homes is great. However in a multi-level parking garage it sounds terrible. Way too much reverberation. Have not shot through a tunnel yet. I will have to give that a try some day but it will cost me money to get onto the turnpike to hit the tunnel.

nckissfan
01-10-2006, 09:32 AM
it is worth it. Take a couple of Cobras with you, damn cool. We went through the tunnel from NC to TN on the way to the 5th Anniversary for SCMC. There was five Cobras in that run, sounded incredible.

svtmc-g
01-10-2006, 10:52 AM
see...i've done all of these...but the touchless booth was by far the sweetest!haha brought out the low end yeah!

Riversnake
01-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Winchester Ave in Memphis goes under TWO runways at the Mem. International Airport....Cobra sounds really really good in there!! :D "No Mr Officer, I was ONLY doing the posted 40mph!!"

ausie
01-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I have done that in the past when going into one of those auto (LASER) wash units especially when the garage doors close behind you. However since I no desire to scuff the wheels or get stuck since the rear wheels are too wide (why on earth must they put those dang rails in there?) I may however get into one in the winter when I have the snows on the car. I do not use them often since I fear that the water shock on the block may cause some problems since all of the wash modes include an undercarrage spray. One reason why I bought my own pressure washer, since I can clean the entire car while the motor is still cold and not at operating temperature.

I would have to admit that there are some areas I just have to let it rip with the windows down. In a tunnel with a convoy of Cobras would be cool.

dewone
01-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I get stuck in the car washes, so can't rev in them. (Side pipes get caught in the dang rails.) Hand wash only.