PDA

View Full Version : New Camaro and Challenger

Mephisto
01-09-2006, 04:39 PM
I hate to say it, but I am getting a bit disappointed that all these cars inclusive of Ford are retro rehash trying to make a buck off a bastardized design concept.

Why can no one come up with the next great American sportscar?

97CasperCobra
01-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I agree...something with a new name.....or hell....bring back the Camaro and Trans Am.... :thumbsup:

Admiral
01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm older than dirt so I may have a different perspective, but with the addition of the Challenger and Camaro we now have 3 pony cars back with high horspower motors - for some reason that seems like a good thing to me.

It may not be 1970 again but it sure feels like it. ;)

cobrabitn
01-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Go forward not backwards... invent a sleeker, faster, more fuel efficient, more modern car that everyone will want to own and then Ford will get out of its financial problems.

The foreign car makers are selling them...don't hold yourself to an old platform go get a new style. If you watched the Mustang...it went from the Fox Body to the SN95 body style which was more sleek, quieter, faster, and had all the creature comforts you could want.

The next generation should have been a new design, not an old design with rounder corners. There were tons of design concepts out there and as nice as the new Shelby (Notice I said Shelby) looks, in time it will grow old on us baby boomers and they'll be back to square one...finding a new design. JMHO ;)

Jesse99
01-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I believe the reason for the old design is because no one is buying todays car.. From what I've heard the new Mustang is a good seller, seems now everyone wants a peace of the pie.. I for one like the look of the new Camaro it reminds me alot of the 69.. :thumbsup: