PDA

View Full Version : To Pro Charge or Not?

Red Rydng Hood
01-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Have a 99' Cobra with flow masters, K&N filter system. Want to get the big pop of power..brother-in-law suggested a ProCharger? Told me not to mess with nickel and dime stuff and changing the rear gears just makes the gas milage go way south? So any recommendations for the supercharger and how much power will the SC bring?:eek:

AirForce1
01-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Have a 99' Cobra with flow masters, K&N filter system. Want to get the big pop of power..brother-in-law suggested a ProCharger? Told me not to mess with nickel and dime stuff and changing the rear gears just makes the gas milage go way south? So any recommendations for the supercharger and how much power will the SC bring?:eek:
ProChargers are one of the best blowers that money can buy.... But they are not cheep. I would look in to the Kenne Bell 2.2L Blowzilla for the 99's..

They would probably be the same price.

With all your mods you most likly have 350-360 hp? With a ProCharger or Kenne Bell You could jump that up to about 500 hp or more with a good tune.

I have a 2.2L KB on my 03 and I love it. I had pullyes on the stock eaton and i had 450 rwhp. I put on the KB and right now i have 590 rwhp and i still have room to play with the A/F. So i am expecting 630 rwhp when all said an done.

(That is with an 2 inch pulley from Kenne Bell and 17 lbs of boost)

Good luck.......:thumbsup:

03slidewayzSVT
01-16-2006, 06:29 PM

I't all depends on what you want!! The procharger get's boost at higher rpm. The Eaton or whipple, kennyBell all have instant boost. with gobs of low rpm torque. Myself I'd go with the positive displacement blower:thumbsup:

Red Rydng Hood
01-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the great info..I have yet to test my current horsepower to the back wheel. I would say 330 only with current mods , but would like to go to 425 or 450. Speed shop quy in SD told me the 99 is pretty well tacked out to get a chip but I would assume the super charger, different pulleys would get the job done? I want power off the line..seems to be where I am always challenged.:o