PDA

View Full Version : "That thang gotta five oh in it?"

NO 5 OH
01-16-2006, 06:07 PM
So yesterday I was tinkering with the clutch cable/firewall adjuster in my convertible as I've been having "issues" with it ever since I finished up my clutch/26 spline input shaft install. I put everything back together and took it for a test drive... got about halfway to Hickory and noticed I needed some gas for the thirsty beast ;)

I just get into town and as I'm rolling down 70 I see a good looking Comp Orange 04 coupe with some anthrice FR500 wheels on it stopped... damn if it's not Robbie in town tonight :P I tried to get turned around to go back to where he was... the stupid turning lane arrow wouldn't cooperate with me. I finally get almost turned around and see him come up behind me so I stop in the parking lot we're at and we shoot the breeze for awhile.

We were getting ready to leave and head to the gas station... when two guys in a four door Saturn with a fart can in back come creeping up slowly to where we are. They look the cars over and say "I just came back by to tell you guys you have some awesome rides... damn beautiful cars for sure. What do they have in them... they gotta five oh in them right?"

With a straight look on my face and without flinching one bit I say "nawh... they have all aluminum 427's in them."

"Oh" they say and just nod their heads. Robbie just turns his head and takes a few steps back... the two guys drive off oblivious as to what I had just said more or less. They get away from us and Robbie just looks at me and says "all-aluminum 427 huh?" and starts dying out laughing. I laughed as well and told him "I was hoping you weren't gonna blow my story out of the water when I said that. Them asking if it had a "five oh" in it they deserve some outlandish story... it's not my fault if they believed the BS I sold them" :D

After that we went to the gas station right down the road... another two guys in a Maxima asked the same thing of what they had in them. I looked at Robbie and grinned... I started to say 427 again but I just laughed and told them the truth.

The sad thing is... you wouldn't believe how many people that "think" they know about cars will fall for the 427 line... especially if you open the hood :rotf:

Shannon

Cobra4me
01-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah that was def the highlight of my day.!! Good one man. I've been chuckling all day bout those guys in the Saturn of well. My 04 cobra 427 all aluminnum is sitting in the garage and resting:)

svtmc-g
01-17-2006, 01:17 AM
that's SOME funny S@#t! you pranksters you. :rotf:
Matt

Stavesacre21
02-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Aluminum 427 eh?

Surely you peeled the siding off yur house and stuffed it under the hood :eek: :rolleyes: :p

So yea, that has to be the funniest thing i've heard this month

:rotf:

Next line coulda been "yea it dropped right in from my 67 CobraJet"
Oh wait...i'm sure they wouldn't connect the dots to that one either. :baby: