PDA

View Full Version : Bullitt Underdrive Pulleys?

john_anch_ak
01-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Does it really pay to replace stock underdrive pulleys? What should I look for in aftermarket pulleys for a 99 Cobra? I don't plan on any racing, just my fun car to drive on nice days in Alaska during the short but great summer.
I have a few minor mods:
MGW shifter
Bassani SS catbacks & whatever they call the rest of the exhaust system
Diablo Sport Preditor (kind of a fun toy to play with)
Kenny Brown Aluminun IRS bushings
C&L MAF, C&L aluminum pipe and K&L airfilter
Aluminum drive shaft (got a good price on this little item, otherwise wouldn't have bothered)
I also have a set of Steeda Sport springs which are supposed to lower the car 1 to 1 1/4 inches. I haven't installed them yet, just got a good deal on them.
I blew out my lower back about 3 years ago so it's no small task for me to attempt this little job, I'll most likely have them installed whenever I get around to wanting them on.
Whenever I get my little repaint job done I'll post some pictures. I've never painted a car before so believe me when I say I have a new respect for folks who paint cars for a living! It's turning out real nice but due to my back problem I've been working on it for a year now. Never said I was fast, just good!
Thanks in advance for your opinions and thoughts,
John

sssvtcobra
01-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes, it does help to in the horsepower/torque department to replace those stock pullies for some underdrive ones. I replaced the ones on my old '01 and I could feel a seat of the pants improvement. Of course it's not alot but anything helps. I used the steeda ones, you don't want to use any piggy back style ones. I didn't have any problems with them when I owned the car, or anything that they ran, like alternator, power steering, etc.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

The Gord
01-23-2006, 02:38 PM
ASP pulleys are great quality pieces and Ithink are definitely worth it. Just follow the directions for bolting the crank pulley to a T. the engine seems to rev up faster, but some of that is probably in my head.

john_anch_ak
01-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys, I do appreciate your input!

John