PDA

View Full Version : Fake Cobra

69F110
01-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Alrighty then. I have stumbled upon a 1994 Mustang (touted and looks lilke a Cobra), but after doing a VIN check...it is a factory GT. So, my question to you all who own and love these mighty machines...is there a guide out there to tell me what a 1994 Cobra came with? I am a novice and other than mildly entertaining the thought of owning a mustang (I'm a lover of 1967-1972 Ford Trucks) I do not know the peculiars of the Cobra versus GT.

This one has some issues...Mustang airbag cover instead of Cobra, 96 model tail light covers instead of 94 (those will be changed ASAP). Plus I'm not sure about the Cobra engine...this one looks identical to the ones I have seen in the photo gallery here on this web site. Any info will help. I can upload photos if that will help you all with helping me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I only paid 300 for it, so it is a good deal all around.

cobrapace94
01-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Check the VIN number, the 8 digit will be a "D" for a Cobra. For easy verification, check the front brakes for the 13" Cobra rotors & the 2 piston calipers that say "Cobra". On the rear brakes, the GT's are a solid rotor & the Cobras are the vented rotors, both have the same caliper. Cobras came with a "Cobra" intake. Cobras have iron GT-40 heads, 3 bars on the ends of the heads. Look behind the oil filter, there is a black oil cooler behind the filter. Cobra Unique Power Brake Booster w/"COBRA" Lettered Sticker On Top & "COBRA" Lettered Valve Covers w/Cobra Identification Tag Found On The Driver's Side Cover.
The drivers side air bag says Cobra.

Hope this helps identify if it is a Cobra or not.

69F110
01-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Cobrapace94...

Thanks for the info. It does have the Cobra intake, Cobra badges, Cobra floormats, Mustang Airbag cover, and I'll check out the rest tomorrow.

For the porice I paid though, I do not really care. I'll probably rebadge it to the GT standard and leave the Cobra intake and floormats...but the exterior, I think, should be original.