PDA

View Full Version : SCMC, Austin Cobra Cruise, March 25th-26th!!

Firme
01-23-2006, 10:57 AM
The SCMC will be having another Cobra Austin Cruise on March 25th and 26th, 2006.

Each city will be meeting on Saturday morning, March 25th, and cruising to Austin, to meet all together at HEB. From there, we will begin the Hill country cruise.

After the cruise, we will eat at the Oasis. Dinner reservations for the cruise are at 5 p.m.

HOTEL INFO:

Radisson Hotel and Suites Austin Downtown
111 E. Cesar Chavez
Austin, TX 78701

The room cost will be $119 for a regular room and $149 for a suite (+15% occupancy tax). Check-in time is AFTER 3 PM. Parking is $13.00 for the covered parking garage. Each person will be responsible for calling in his/her reservation. You can call the Austin Radisson at (512) 478-9611 or the toll free national reservation center line at (800) 333-3333. Please try to make the reservations by the 3/3/2006, as after that date the pricing and availability is not gauranteed. If you are unsure, go ahead and reserve the room as you have till Saturday 3/25 at 6p.m. to cancel the reservation without any penalties. Please reference the South Central Cobra Club room block. Reservations can also be made via the Internet at www.radisson.com/austintx/ (http://www.radisson.com/austintx/) using the promotional code COBRA. All reservations must be guaranteed to a credit card or a deposit of one night’s room and tax. All reservation cancellations must be received by 6:00 PM on the day of arrival to avoid a charge of one night’s room and tax.

Again, if you are unsure about going, please reserve your room anyway. That way, you can always cancel, without penalty, if you don't go and you will be guaranteed a room if you do.

Also, there is an "overflow" crowd that will be staying at the Driskill hotel on 6th street. It is a little more expensive, but not as far of a walk to the festivities on 6th street. If you want info on staying at this hotel, it can be provided.

Please let us know if you are coming.

Itinerary:
Meeting spot, driving route, and activities agenda:

Each City will meet at Austin Saturday morning about 12:30 (Between 12-1)
-the Houston crew will depart from 290 and 1960 (there is a parking lot between IHOP and the Texas Roadhouse steak restaurant) between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. and drive straight to Austin, cruising.
-Dallas and San Antonio also have groups that will be cruising to Austin. If you are coming from one of these cities, and would like to cruise with the group, please post and we will get you in contact with the SCMC members that are organizing those groups. If you are coming from another area and would like to organize a group, please post and let everyone know where you will forming the group so that other can meet up with you.
-Once we get to Austin, we will meet up with other people coming in from different cities at the same HEB. There has been some mention of the HEB being unfriendly to car gatherings. We will do our best not to draw to much attention. We will park in the far back of the parking lot. If we are asked to leave, a secondarly launch poit will be announced. We will eat a quick lunch as the Austin, and folks from other areas arrive. We plan on departing for the Hill country at 1:15. There is an area to gas up at the HEB.

The Meeting spot in Austin:
HEB at the corner of HWY 620 and HWY 2222
The Address is:
HEB
7301 Ranch Road 620 N
Austin TX 78726

There are a few places to eat by HEB. McDonalds, Subway, Pizza, Starbucks, and a BBQ Place called Smokey J's. There is also a Discount tire in the area.

The Cruise:
We will do the hill country cruise, The exact route is being finalized.

After the cruise we will head to the Oasis and get there for our 5p.m. dinner reservations.

After we eat, we will cruise towards downtown Austin, with a possible pit stop. We can see if there is a group going to the Parking lot GTG in North Austin again. Others can go to the Hotel and Check in, freshen up then hit up 6th Street.

Sunday:
Those who don't have to get back to town early will eat breakfast, and come take the scenic route back to Houston or their respective city.

Sunday, checkout is by Noon.

here is the

Video (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/videos/austin_cruise0304/SCMC%20Austin%20Cruise%20-%20Cruise%20By.wmv) of the cruise by from a prior Austin Cruise.

From Houston:
-Edmond & Annie
-Jimmy
-Ken
-Mike & Phil
-Aaron
-Todd
-Keith
-Dennis & Tammie
-Larry & Rachel
-Jim & Jackie

97CasperCobra
01-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Can't wait!!! I'll be driving one of the cars. :thumbsup:

I'll also bring my rubber boots this time when we go out to the bars.... :D

AirForce1
01-23-2006, 02:11 PM
I'll also bring my rubber boots this time when we go out to the bars.... :D

Very funny :rolleyes: I wont be drinking that much this time.:eek:

Jesse99
01-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Awesome, I can't wait.. :thumbsup:

msmap
01-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Can't wait!!! I'll be driving one of the cars. :thumbsup:

Mike, the title says:
SCMC, Austin Cobra Cruise, March 25th-26th!!

NOT:
SCMC, Austin Fucus Cruise, March 25th-26th!!

:p

John Chingasos
01-23-2006, 06:20 PM
cant make it

I will be coming in from Madrid/Amsterdam/Africa

93KingCobra
01-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Lets do it!! :thumbsup:

99CobraCrazy
01-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Count me in! Had a blast last time...just have to get a couple things done to Ella before the cruise then the garage queen will be ready for some sun.

spitfire
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Mike, the title says:

NOT:

:p :baby:
Yea! What she said!
I guess I will be on the market for another cobra, since mine will not be available! Always looking for cobra donations though! :D

97CasperCobra
01-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Mike, the title says:

NOT:

I'm sorry some of us actually have to WORK to keep our Cobras running.... :rolleyes:

I'll bring whatever car I choose...while you fill up for gas I'll be at 1/2 a tank. :p I guess this means CC can't bring her Roush, Larry can't bring his Ford GT or heaven forbid anyone else who DOESN'T have a Cobra..... :doubt:

Jesse99
01-27-2006, 02:59 AM
I guess this means CC can't bring her Roush, Larry can't bring his Ford GT or heaven forbid anyone else who DOESN'T have a Cobra..... :doubt:
I'll do you one better Mike.. My buddy David want to come.. He's the guy that went with us to unique performance in the blue Z28. And yes he want to drive his Car :D

ORANGE CRUSH
01-28-2006, 02:57 PM
In + 1

kencobra
01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Very funny :rolleyes: I wont be drinking that much this time.:eek:
It did not take that much last time :D

AirForce1
01-29-2006, 12:22 AM
It did not take that much last time :DYea, if you dont think that:

yea right:rolleyes: :p

And if you guys want I will sit at my oun table:rolleyes:

raven69david
01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
REGULATORS......MOUNT UP!

Lets ride......:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Please stay tuned for the details....... :thumbsup:

still tuning in.... :D

Steeda Snakes
02-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Hopefully, we will make it this time. Probably bring the Steeda and the '03 or maybe the '01 or maybe something new!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

cobltng
02-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Barbara & I will be In Las Vegas at that time....Have fun, I know we will.

AustinSVT
02-06-2006, 01:22 PM
got it marked on the austinsvt.com calendar :thumbsup:

Firme
02-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Hotel info and resevation information is up. Please make your reservations as soon as possible as the trend has been that they sell out real quick. Remember, you can make a reservation now just in case and cancel if you can't make it without a penalty as long as its done by 6 pm on the day you are supposed to check in.

When making the reservation, make sure you let them know you will be checking in on the 25th and checking out on the 26th, for some reason the 24th is also on the block list, and the reservations lady kept trying to reserve the night of the 26th for me even though I kept telling her I am checking out before noon on the 26th :retard:.

still tuning in.... :D

The sales lady took a long time to set us up in the system :mad:

got it marked on the austinsvt.com calendar :thumbsup:

Thanks Rick :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Hotel info and resevation information is up

sweeeeeeeeeet....I'll be calling tomorrow. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
02-07-2006, 11:53 PM
sweeeeeeeeeet....I'll be calling tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Dont forget about me!!!!

97CasperCobra
02-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Dont forget about me!!!!

I've got the king size bed with the vibrating action just for you sweet cheeks.... :p

Jesse99
02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Reserved my room today all double beds seems to be sold out.. I can't wait :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Reserved my room today all double beds seems to be sold out..

are you kidding me!?!??!?!?!

Jesse99
02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
are you kidding me!?!??!?!?!

I has a buddy who's going that wanted to share a room with us.. Now he has to get his own room :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
02-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Done!

AirForce1
02-13-2006, 03:56 PM
done!:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
DONE!!

I'll bring the air mattress for ya Phil. :thumbsup:

Andy M
02-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Have you all decided what your Saturday evening entertainment venue will be yet? reason I ask is Tammy and I will be in Austin that weekend staying at a Bed and Breakfast on Lake Travis. How about you all meet us at The Oasis? Dinner and some dancing would be in order...

or, are ya'll planning on staying downtown and going out to 6th street???...

97CasperCobra
02-13-2006, 05:38 PM
How about you all meet us at The Oasis? Dinner and some dancing would be in order...

or, are ya'll planning on staying downtown and going out to 6th street???...

Are you sure the Oasis is rebuilt yet?? They had a terrible fire last year. Last March we went there after the cruise for dinner then went to 6th street. I'm voting we go to the bar that had the band and dancing as opposed to the Dizzy Rooster, but am game for anything. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
DONE!!

I'll bring the air mattress for ya Phil. :thumbsup:

We will have to do a coin toss for the bed or Rock,Paper,Scissors...
:D

kencobra
02-13-2006, 08:01 PM
We will be at whatever bar on 6th that Eric Tessmer is playing.

msmap
02-13-2006, 09:19 PM
if the Oasis isn't open yet there is a County Line down on the water

ORANGE CRUSH
02-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Just got a room. :thumbsup:

JBoden
02-15-2006, 08:02 PM
We're IN - Can't Wait :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

COBRASVT
02-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Wish I was closer...that would be fun...esp this time of year.

97CasperCobra
02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Wish I was closer...

you and me both man.... :(

Jesse99
02-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Anyone have the address on the HEB (Austin) we will meet up at.. :thumbsup:

96MysticSVT
02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Anyone have the address on the HEB (Austin) we will meet up at.. :thumbsup:
7301 N. FM 620
Austin, TX

It's on the corner of FM620 and FM2222

96MysticSVT
02-20-2006, 09:43 PM
The Oasis is open and serving food now, but I don't know how many decks they will have open by the cruise.

The AustinSVT group had our Christmas Party there.

Jesse99
02-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks 96MysticSVT.. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Here's a little something I whipped up for the cruise. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
02-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Looks good Mikey..... :thumbsup:

raven69david
02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
If anyone else is planning on going from San Antonio PM me. If anyone else knows of anyone wanting to go from San Antonio have them PM me and i can coordinate everything for the cruise for the S.A. peeps.:thumbsup:

Firme
03-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Hope everyone has their room reserved. They will release the block soon :)

97CasperCobra
03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Hope everyone has their room reserved. They will release the block soon :)

with a King sized bed. :( See about putting a photo(the one I did perhaps??) up on our front page regarding the Cruise. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-02-2006, 01:34 PM
with a King sized bed. :( See about putting a photo(the one I did perhaps??) up on our front page regarding the Cruise. :thumbsup:

DOH!!! you and Phil might not make it out to 6th street with us :naughty: :rotf: j/k

I will put the flyer up :thumbsup:

kencobra
03-03-2006, 11:53 PM
I am booked but not sure if Jocelyn will be joining :( , it may be my best friend riding shot gun.

raven69david
03-05-2006, 10:23 PM
We need to have the time posted as to when we will be meeting at the HEB. I think it was accidentally left out, but is definetly a key piece of info.

Andy M
03-08-2006, 09:30 PM
What have you all decided on a Saturday night venue?? Somewhere on 6th street?

Tammy and I will likely come out to play that evening with you all. Also, what time will you be at the HEB??? We are staying at a B&B on Lake Travis, which is just around the corner.

Hope to see you guys at some point that weekend.

Firme
03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
The HEB Meeting time is at Noon-1:15, and we will head out from there.

We are still finalizing dinner, but Andy, we should have a group going to 6th street after dinner, as well as a group going to the local parking lot hangout with the Austin folks.

AustinSVT
03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
the austin area saturday eveing hangout spot is located in the parking lot of a Home Depot / Whataburger.
It's just north of town on FM 1431 (aka: Whitestone Blvd) near the Parmer Lane intersection (aka: FM 734).
When the weather is not wet or freezing, people show up after 6:00pm or so

for map searches-
address for the whataburger is- 2740 E Whitestone Blvd. Cedar Park TX 78613
address for the home depot is- 2700 E Whitestone Blvd. Cedar Park TX 78613

also in the area-
HEB grochery store, Starbucks, Subway, Sonic, Wendy's & Discount Tire.

Jesse99
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I can't wait.. I have a good group going with me.. Not as big as you guys but at least 5-8 and hopefully more and depending on the weather maybe a mint 93 Teal Cobra :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I can't wait.. I have a good group going with me.. Not as big as you guys but at least 5-8 and hopefully more and depending on the weather maybe a mint 93 Teal Cobra :thumbsup:

Awesome Jesse!!! Not sure how many we have....:(

***hint, hint SCC Members!!!***

Grey Storm
03-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Well, I was toooo late for reservations at the Radisson!! We are still going though!! I reserved us a room at the Driskill Hotel:bounce: :bounce: I have always wanted to stay at the Driskill. Anyways, it is only about 4 block from where you guys will be staying.

Have you ever thought about the evening dinner to be at the Salt Lick in Driftwood. We are going there this Sunday to meet up with my brother from NY. It is somewhere in the hill country west of Austin:thumbsup: Just a thought;) It is BBQ with bring your own ice chest of beer;)

Firme
03-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Well, I was toooo late for reservations at the Radisson!! We are still going though!! I reserved us a room at the Driskill Hotel:bounce: :bounce: I have always wanted to stay at the Driskill. Anyways, it is only about 4 block from where you guys will be staying.

Have you ever thought about the evening dinner to be at the Salt Lick in Driftwood. We are going there this Sunday to meet up with my brother from NY. It is somewhere in the hill country west of Austin:thumbsup: Just a thought;) It is BBQ with bring your own ice chest of beer;)

Glad you guys are going :thumbsup: I have actually stayed at the Driskill, and it is a FANTASTIC hotel. The only problem I have seen with it for the whole group staying, is the parking if outside and very limited.

After dinner, you guys will have the advantage as you will be ON 6th street, where as the rest of us have to stumble down to Ceasar Chavez and Capital.

Grey Storm
03-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Glad you guys are going :thumbsup: I have actually stayed at the Driskill, and it is a FANTASTIC hotel. The only problem I have seen with it for the whole group staying, is the parking if outside and very limited.

After dinner, you guys will have the advantage as you will be ON 6th street, where as the rest of us have to stumble down to Ceasar Chavez and Capital.They told me they had covered valet parking across the street for $18.00;)

Firme
03-10-2006, 08:29 PM
They told me they had covered valet parking across the street for $18.00;)

:rotf: yeah that would work, I just know alot of us would freak out about valet driving the cars :burnout: :smack:
:D

Grey Storm
03-10-2006, 09:43 PM
:rotf: yeah that would work, I just know alot of us would freak out about valet driving the cars :burnout: :smack:
:DNo valet going to drive my car either:thumbsup: They told me I could park my own car;) I was pretty demanding;)

Steeda Snakes
03-10-2006, 10:43 PM
It will be nice to see you guys again. Debating on which Cobra to bring! Due to gas prices.........Storm says; "We are only taking one". :mad: I guess she will be riding "Shotgun". :D :D Thinking about bringing the '98 Steeda, since the '03/'04 models will be represented well. I guess we could bring the '01..........nah, the Steeda is more fun!:thumbsup:

blue92
03-11-2006, 02:10 AM
7301 N. FM 620
Austin, TX

It's on the corner of FM620 and FM2222

You guys have permission to meet there from HEB? Last year they kicked my car club off the premises and all we did was raise the hoods on a couple cars. The store manager came out into the parking lot having a hissy fit and said we had 5 minutes to leave or he was calling the police, and that was after we all had just gassed up at his pumps.

Also are you guys planning on doing Lime Creek Rd. and 1431 up to Marble Falls? :bounce:

Firme
03-11-2006, 12:47 PM
You guys have permission to meet there from HEB? Last year they kicked my car club off the premises and all we did was raise the hoods on a couple cars. The store manager came out into the parking lot having a hissy fit and said we had 5 minutes to leave or he was calling the police, and that was after we all had just gassed up at his pumps.

Also are you guys planning on doing Lime Creek Rd. and 1431 up to Marble Falls? :bounce:

That is where we have met every time in the past. Most of us are usually in the stores eating and getting gas and what not. :dunno: He would have to go from to store and ask the paying customer at the restaurants to get up and leave if he wants everyone gone.

blue92
03-11-2006, 02:58 PM
That is where we have met every time in the past. Most of us are usually in the stores eating and getting gas and what not. :dunno: He would have to go from to store and ask the paying customer at the restaurants to get up and leave if he wants everyone gone.

Well it didn't matter that we were paying customers to that guy, we had to go inside and gather all the guys up that were in the check out lines and all over the inside of the store.

Kinda was a bad start for our day in Austin, but 6th Street made up for it later that evening. :)

So where do you guys plan on driving after HEB?

99CobraCrazy
03-13-2006, 12:24 PM
I remember last year, it was on the parking lot in front of subway and such. we were not directly in front of HEB

jimmysidecarr
03-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Late breaking news!!!

We are IN!!!

Shopping hotels tonight!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :p

ORANGE CRUSH
03-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Late breaking news!!!

We are IN!!!

Sweeeeeeeet.... It wouldn't be the same without you. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Late breaking news!!!

We are IN!!!

:thumbsup:

That is great Jimmy

There are 12 rooms reserved for SCMC at the Radisson right now. If you, or anyone else wants to stay there still, even though its past the block date, I can still see about getting you a room under the block. That includes ya'll Steeda Snakes, if you want to see about getting intot he Radisson with the rest of us.

Let me know.

jimmysidecarr
03-13-2006, 05:51 PM

That is great Jimmy

There are 12 rooms reserved for SCMC at the Radisson right now. If you, or anyone else wants to stay there still, even though its past the block date, I can still see about getting you a room under the block. That includes ya'll Steeda Snakes, if you want to see about getting intot he Radisson with the rest of us.

Let me know.

Cool..

How many blocks is that walk to sixth street???

97CasperCobra
03-13-2006, 06:00 PM
How many blocks is that walk to sixth street???

about 5 or 6....I always seem to know before we hit the bars then forget on our way back.... :(

jimmysidecarr
03-13-2006, 06:41 PM
about 5 or 6....I always seem to know before we hit the bars then forget on our way back.... :(

We may pay more to get closer... Travelocity.com :thumbsup:

Firme
03-13-2006, 07:05 PM

Don't forget requiring good parking for the Cobra :thumbsup: The 5 or 6 blocks ain't too bad. The Radisson is on Cesar Chavez, which is technically 1st street.

The Driskill which Steeda Snake was talking about is a REALLY nice hotel. Very historic looking. I have stayed there on business. It is right on 6th street at the start of the bar section.

jimmysidecarr
03-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Don't forget requiring good parking for the Cobra :thumbsup: The 5 or 6 blocks ain't too bad. The Radisson is on Caesar Chavez, which is technically 1st street.

The Driskill which Steeda Snake was talking about is a REALLY nice hotel. Very historic looking. I have stayed there on business. It is right on 6th street at the start of the bar section.

I was looking at that one on line today... it looks VERY nice!!!
Might be too nice :rolleyes:

Firme
03-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Downtown Austin aint cheap. Not San Antonio expensive :D , but not cheap.

Oh Jimmie, the other thing you can do which might work and save you money in the long run since most downtown hotels are around $200 is stay at the Radisson and take a carriage ride for the 6 blocks. We always see a bunch of horse drawn carriages around there. The Omni is nice as well (make sure its the Downton one though as there is another, cheaper one, on the outskirts).

kencobra
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
I am a big fan of the $ 5.00 cab ride. Glad to see you are making the trip. :thumbsup:

kencobra
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM

Are you going or not ?

97CasperCobra
03-13-2006, 08:19 PM
Are you going or not ?

not sure man...have to check with the boss who is out of town till Friday. I'd make up some BS story about a illness in the family but he's one of my good friends who knows my family. :(

IF I do go I'll be driving the Focus as the Cobra won't be done for a while. :( :(

jimmysidecarr
03-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Sweeeeeeeet.... It wouldn't be the same without you. :thumbsup:
That is great Jimmy

I am a big fan of the $ 5.00 cab ride. Glad to see you are making the trip. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys that means a lot!!! Y'all rock :thumbsup:

We've decided on the Driscoll... it's a little bit more but it is exquisite!... and right on 6th street... parking is not a problem either...

I guess Tammie and Dennis are stayng there too...

I'm pretty JAZZED about finally being able to "do the Legendary Austin Cruise"!!!

Nighty nite Y'all!!! :thumbsup:

Firme
03-14-2006, 12:39 AM
We've decided on the Driscoll... it's a little bit more but it is exquisite!... and right on 6th street... parking is not a problem either...
:

SWEET. Now you will get to see a part of Texas that isn't JUST FLAT.

ya'll will love the Driskill, they have a great Cigar\Martini bar on the second floor . :D The rest of us can meet yall there after we get to the Hotel's and freshen up. :bounce:

Evilcartman
03-14-2006, 11:18 AM
We are in also. I believe Todd has a room for us.

Firme
03-14-2006, 01:09 PM
We are in also. I believe Todd has a room for us.

:rotf: I just noticed his room was reserved for 4 adults. You know, for $30 more, he can upgrade that room to a suite and ya'll would have a little bit more room.

kencobra
03-14-2006, 06:39 PM
:rotf: I just noticed his room was reserved for 4 adults. You know, for $30 more, he can upgrade that room to a suite and ya'll would have a little bit more room.
When I booked I tried to get a suite but they were booked at that time.

93KingCobra
03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Well if Mikey does NOT go than I will be S.O.L without a car or a ride..So :confused: :banghead: :dunno:

I think my car will be sold by the time the cruise comes around. :(

Grey Storm
03-14-2006, 09:13 PM
I was looking at that one on line today... it looks VERY nice!!!
Might be too nice :rolleyes:$205 per night plus $18.00 to park in the parking garage:thumbsup: Not too bad for such a nice hotel:)

Grey Storm
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I guess Tammie and Dennis are stayng there too...
Yes, we will be at the Driskill:thumbsup:

kencobra
03-14-2006, 09:21 PM
$205 per night plus $18.00 to park in the parking garage:thumbsup: Not too bad for such a nice hotel:)
I checked on line and they wanted closer to 300.00 so 205.00 is not bad at all. Did you get that price over the phone or ..?

Grey Storm
03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
I checked on line and they wanted closer to 300.00 so 205.00 is not bad at all. Did you get that price over the phone or ..?Yes, they told me $279.00 first and then I told them I saw it for $205.00 on the internet and they gave me that price. The $205.00 is for the traditional room in the newer section of the hotel (1930's I believe). Of course, you could spend alot more if you wanted, but we thought $205.00 wasn't bad:thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Yes, they told me $279.00 first and then I told them I saw it for $205.00 on the internet and they gave me that price. The $205.00 is for the traditional room in the newer section of the hotel (1930's I believe). Of course, you could spend alot more if you wanted, but we thought $205.00 wasn't bad:thumbsup:

Ditto.... :thumbsup:
Except... I came right out of the gate with $205... told him I found the price on the web site and that it looked like a nice place... and would he mind answering a few questions...

Needless to say I liked all the answers :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Good news....the chances that I'll get to go are looking better!!! :thumbsup:

Steeda Snakes
03-17-2006, 01:50 AM
Good news....the chances that I'll get to go are looking better!!! :thumbsup:Good! Be good to see you again! It looks like we will probably bring the '03. That way we won't worry about the Steeda Cobra getting rained on or being molested while it is sitting in the parking garage!

Anybody else, besides Jimmy and family staying at the Driskill?

97CasperCobra
03-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Good! Be good to see you again! It looks like we will probably bring the '03. That way we won't worry about the Steeda Cobra getting rained on or being molested while it is sitting in the parking garage!

Yea...I hope I can make it...just look for me standing outside my Focus' sunroof taking pictures...:thumbsup:

Usually the car's aren't messed with...least they never have been b/c they're in a restricted parking garage at the Radisson. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
03-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Yea...I hope I can make it...just look for me standing outside my Focus' sunroof taking pictures...:thumbsup:

Usually the car's aren't messed with...least they never have been b/c they're in a restricted parking garage at the Radisson. :thumbsup:

Well its Friday did you find anything out???? You know you have a test at school that you really need to study for... ;) ;)

97CasperCobra
03-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Well its Friday did you find anything out???? You know you have a test at school that you really need to study for... ;) ;)

as long as the class doesn't get TOO big...there's 12 in it right now.....I'm free to take off for a "photoshop seminar". :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
03-17-2006, 09:55 PM
as long as the class doesn't get TOO big...there's 12 in it right now.....I'm free to take off for a "photoshop seminar". :thumbsup:

Just let me know for a small price I can make that class even smaller....
:eek:

kencobra
03-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Keep your fingers crossed that this stays true for this Saturday. http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX0057?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

99CobraCrazy
03-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Might not be in for the cruise; I was driving my garage queen the other day and there is some sort of vibration in the drive-train. I think its my drive shaft out of balance or u-joints. Having it looked at this week to see what the verdict is.

Evilcartman
03-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I think we will wait until the cruise makes it out 290 to our area instead of driving in and then right back out. Someone give me a call when you are leaving 1960 and 290 area and we will jump on 290.

Firme
03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
I think we will wait until the cruise makes it out 290 to our area instead of driving in and then right back out. Someone give me a call when you are leaving 1960 and 290 area and we will jump on 290.

NP. We will call yall.

Also dinner update.

We have reservations at the Oasis at 5p.m.(the latest the Oasis will take our reservations).

kencobra
03-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Was wondering if the route included or can include park rd 4 off of 29, by Inks Lake. I was on this road earlier this year and I thought I was on a roller coaster and the views were great. :bugeyes: :jawdrop:
Out of the 160 miles of hill country roads that I drove that day, it was the best. You also get to catch a view of the Falkenstein Castle as shown here http://www.falkensteincastle.com/wpe58.jpg

Firme
03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't know if we will have enough time on Saturaday to make it out that far :doubt: but it sounds like alot of fun.

Was wondering if the route included or can include park rd 4 off of 29, by Inks Lake. I was on this road earlier this year and I thought I was on a roller coaster and the views were great. :bugeyes: :jawdrop:
Out of the 160 miles of hill country roads that I drove that day, it was the best. You also get to catch a view of the Falkenstein Castle as shown here http://www.falkensteincastle.com/wpe58.jpg

96MysticSVT
03-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Was wondering if the route included or can include park rd 4 off of 29, by Inks Lake. I was on this road earlier this year and I thought I was on a roller coaster and the views were great.
Sounds alot like Lime Creek Rd which we will be hitting. RT4 looks like it could fit nicely into a slightly extended criuse route, maybe if the Oasis wasn't making us arrive by 5pm we could have hit it this time. The Austin SVT group will have to do a test run before the Fall cruise to see how much time it would add, from the look of it on the map, it looks like a fun twisty road.

AirForce1
03-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Well if Mikey does NOT go than I will be S.O.L without a car or a ride..So :confused: :banghead: :dunno:

I think my car will be sold by the time the cruise comes around. :(
Sorry Phil if my father was not comming you would be welcome to go with me.

jimmysidecarr
03-21-2006, 03:06 PM
The link for the Driskill Hotel -->CLICK HERE (http://www.driskillhotel.com/)

97CasperCobra
03-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Sorry Phil if my father was not comming you would be welcome to go with me.

he's riding/driving in the Fucus. I'll be the one doing the crazy shiat to get the right pictures!!!! :D :thumbsup:

AirForce1
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
he's riding/driving in the Fucus. I'll be the one doing the crazy shiat to get the right pictures!!!! :D :thumbsup:SO YOU ARE GOING?:thumbsup: and will you be able to keep up in that slow hatch back.:p You might need some nitrous just to get in front to take the pics.:p :rolleyes:

Andy M
03-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Unless something changes our plans, Tammy and I will meet you all at the Oasis at 5. We're staying right around the corner from there.

jimmysidecarr
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Power isn't all it's cracked up to be..... When you are on a tight twisty road... :thumbsup:

kencobra
03-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Power isn't all it's cracked up to be..... When you are on a tight twisty road... :thumbsup:
Yea there is something to be said about knowing how to drive and not burning up a clutch or engine before its time.

By the way , I am about to hit 30k on my car with the original clutch but I think I will need one in the near future.

blue92
03-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Just wishin all that make this gtg a good fun weekend drink a beer for me. Ah shi† drink a bunch of beers for me. :D

Evilcartman
03-22-2006, 04:01 PM
If anyone is driving by themselves, I believe James (SVT4RD) was thinking about going. I just don't think he wants to be crammed in the back seat of my car.

msmap
03-22-2006, 09:44 PM
i'm out

Termin8r27
03-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I should be there too...should be fun, nice weather and a good turnout from the looks of things (thought I would chime in) :D Part of the AustinSVT squad.

Newb on this site.

:bounce:

97CasperCobra
03-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I should be there too...should be fun, nice weather and a good turnout from the looks of things (thought I would chime in) :D Part of the AustinSVT squad.

Newb on this site.

welcome to the site man!! :thumbsup: Looking forward to the cruise and meeting more SVT folk. :thumbsup:

Termin8r27
03-23-2006, 10:55 AM
welcome to the site man!! :thumbsup: Looking forward to the cruise and meeting more SVT folk. :thumbsup:
Gracias! Ditto :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
03-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Mike, the title says:

NOT:

I guess Rachel and I are out since we do not have either one of the Cobras :(

97CasperCobra
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM

whatever.... :rolleyes: You're coming if Phil and I have to swing by your house and drag your ass out of bed Sat morning. Send the kids to the grandparent's and let's go have some ADULT FUN!!!

raven69david
03-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Anyone have an approximate count of Cobras coming from H-town?

Twice Bitten
03-24-2006, 11:25 AM

Not either one of ours :(

ORANGE CRUSH
03-24-2006, 11:38 AM

Approximately 10 to 12 Cobras.

kencobra
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM

Bring that other ford you bought recently, whats it called again a GT.

ORANGE CRUSH
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM

Go in the GT!

jimmysidecarr
03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Go in the GT!

Ditto!! :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
It is a Cobra cruise :p

97CasperCobra
03-24-2006, 12:56 PM
It is a Cobra cruise :p

and you are part of the SCMC and have made room reservations and are a big help to the club. You're going...end of story. :p

Firme
03-24-2006, 01:09 PM
and you are part of the SCMC and have made room reservations and are a big help to the club. You're going...end of story. :p

I told him that Tuesday as well :rolleyes:

Cmon Larry, there is gonna be a Tungsten Grey Ford GT there as well :D

14-17

Twice Bitten
03-24-2006, 01:18 PM
If I took it, then I would not have any place to store clothes :p

97CasperCobra
03-24-2006, 01:42 PM

I'll swing by your house and pick your bags up Sat morning to store them in the Focus.....I was honestly going to ask you if you needed any help with bags. ;) Sucks to be you.... :p

Now you have NO excuse....tell Rachel to bring the Chaser medicine. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-24-2006, 01:49 PM

Cloths are highly overrated!!!...... :p

I've got room... :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
03-24-2006, 01:51 PM
The car is dirty :D

jimmysidecarr
03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
The car is dirty :D

Stop the teasing!!! Get it washed!!!

Twice Bitten
03-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Maybe I can borrow the Silver Streak from David :bounce: :thumbsup: :rotf:

Carl G
03-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Out Damn it!!Came down with a bug. Not feeling good at all. Unless I wake up and feel a lot better I want make it. I have not even changed the track tires or washed the car. Yall be safe and have fun. This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

93KingCobra
03-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Out Damn it!!Came down with a bug. Not feeling good at all. Unless I wake up and feel a lot better I want make it. I have not even changed the track tires or washed the car. Yall be safe and have fun. This Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Hope you filll better Carl it wont be the same without you....

Steeda Snakes
03-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Storm and I will see ya'll tomorrow. We will be in the '03, decided to just bring one and give the others a rest.

Firme, we will meet up with everyone at the HEB. We are going to Austin straight from V-town. I noticed you had us arriving with you guys from H-town.

See ya later!

96MysticSVT
03-24-2006, 09:55 PM
The Texas Cobra Club is in town this weekend too, here's a few pics before the group headed out to lunch today. I'm not sure if the Heritage GT will be joining us tomorrow or sticking with the old school Cobra's. They are all supposed to show up at the weekly car show tomorrow night.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1365.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1364.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1363.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1362.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1361.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1360.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1359.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1358.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1357.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/96MysticSVT/PICT1356.jpg

97CasperCobra
03-24-2006, 10:03 PM
The Texas Cobra Club is in town this weekend too, here's a few pics before the group headed out to lunch today. I'm not sure if the Heritage GT will be joining us tomorrow or sticking with the old school Cobra's. They are all supposed to show up at the weekly car show tomorrow night.

I just may have to show up to the car show as well and snap some pics. 3 Ford GTs in one area....:drool:

Steeda Snakes
03-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey Twice Bitten, I will loan you a Cobra for the Cruise..........all you have to do is loan me your Ford GT for a week.:bounce: :bounce:

Deal or No Deal?:rotf: :rotf:

99CobraCrazy
03-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey Twice Bitten, I will loan you a Cobra for the Cruise..........all you have to do is loan me your Ford GT for a week.:bounce: :bounce:

Deal or No Deal?:rotf: :rotf:

Bet I could answer that one for ya! :D

Grey Storm
03-24-2006, 10:20 PM
YES:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Is that the answer?:rotf: :rotf:

99CobraCrazy
03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Damn you're good! :D

Twice Bitten
03-24-2006, 10:30 PM
No deal :rolleyes: . I'll just walk there :rotf:

Grey Storm
03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Awwwe, c'mon...I'll wash it for you;) ;)

Steeda Snakes
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM
No deal :rolleyes: . I'll just walk there :rotf:
Damn, you must be in better shape than I am..............that is a long walk!:D :D

Twice Bitten
03-24-2006, 10:46 PM
I figure with the wife with me I could hitch hike a ride :doubt:

Steeda Snakes
03-24-2006, 10:56 PM
I figure with the wife with me I could hitch hike a ride :doubt:HAHA! Yea, hide behind something and then run real fast and jump in the back of the truck!:D

Actually, I can remember a similar situation back many, many years ago, during a spring break trip! Boy, I sure do miss the '80s.:rotf:

97CasperCobra
03-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Out Damn it!!Came down with a bug. Not feeling good at all. Unless I wake up and feel a lot better I want make it.

Get AIRBORNE!!! The tablets that the teacher made up that dissolve in water. I took one tonight(says you can take one every three hours). We'll see how I feel in the morning. Hope you can make it Carl. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Carl, I hope you are feeling better this morning and can join us.

See everyone at the meeting spot.

Here is to another safe and fun filled Austin Cruise :cheers:

JBoden
03-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Unbelievable week-end Edmond - I'd like to be the first to say thanks for all the planning that went into this years Austin Cruise :thumbsup:

Without a doubt - one of the best yet :bounce: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
03-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Unbelievable week-end Edmond - I'd like to be the first to say thanks for all the planning that went into this years Austin Cruise :thumbsup:

Without a doubt - one of the best yet :bounce: :bounce:

yes it was. The stories and sights I saw last night will have a LASTING impact on me!!!! Gotta love it when people cut loose and have a good time!!! :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
yes it was. The stories and sights I saw last night will have a LASTING impact on me!!!! Gotta love it when people cut loose and have a good time!!! :thumbsup:
remember...what happens in Austin, stays in Austin :cool:

97CasperCobra
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
remember...what happens in Austin, stays in Austin :cool:

Those not cool enough to come can't enjoy what was missed.... :p

Firme
03-26-2006, 07:23 PM
:thumbsup: That was an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!!

Thanks for everyone who attended and helped make this cruise a success. The count was 38-40 cars. I can't wait to see pics :thumbsup:

If anyone took pics and wants them included on the clubs Spring Austin Cruise 06 please email them to me firme-web@svtcobraclub.com

raven69david
03-27-2006, 12:59 AM
This is the first cruise i've missed in 3 years. I was all ready to go at 10:30am. I turned the car on to warm it up and went inside to kiss the wife and :baby: goodbye. Since i'm never too far from them i felt a little selfish leaving them behind...especially with the :baby: only 17 months old.

So i kiss her and begin to head out the door and she runs towards me and starts to cry saying "daddy, daddy" as to tell me not to leave. She must have known cuz i never use the car on the weekend and she could tell something was up. So she runs up to me with her hands raised in the air, i pick her up and she lays her cheek on my shoulder. At that point there was no way i could leave her. I went outside and rolled the car back into the garage. At that point she stopped crying and felt relaxed. She knew i was no longer gonna go anywhere without her and that put her mind at ease...which made me feel 1 million times better.

I'll catch the next cruise as there will be plenty of others, however my little girl will only be this little once i don't want to miss not even 1 minute of it. If the same thing happens on the next cruise i will NOT hesitate to miss it again. I doubt that would happen, but you never know. Anyway, i'm glad everyone had a great time and can't wait to see the pics/vids. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
David,

We were looking for you man. That sounds like a great reason to stay home!!