PDA

View Full Version : Sad new on the Buckeye Front

mojosvt
01-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, I was talking with a few on my local car friends about the SCMC, and a few of the buckeye ideas that a few of us have been throwing around for the uncoming year. And I found out that SPEEDS is going to be relocating, and shutting down business for 6-9 months. I was so pissed:mad: . I was really looking forward to getting a large group again this year. I guess we will have to do a little more research into a dyno/tune get together. Or some else. I really wanted to try and do a few buckeye meets this year, and see if we can get a core following, like down south.:D I hope to hear from you all soon. Mike

dewone
01-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry to here about Speeds. 6 or so months isn't to bad though.
The dyno day sounds good. We could also meet like at the Hoover Dam parking lot or anywhere for that matter. Grab a bite....
I'll look at the Jegs site to see if they have a dyno.
Don't worry Mike will do something.

dewone
01-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Looked them up, and called Jegs doe's not have a dyno. The guy gave me a name I'll check into.

dewone
01-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Called this place called Auto Erotica they have a dyno in Westerville. Corner of 161 & Westerville Rd (Rt3) They said they do 3 power pulls for $85.00 And tunes for $125.00 hr Tuners name was Eric something at any rate the guy said they may give discounts for groups.

tones688
01-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Sorry to here about Speeds. 6 or so months isn't to bad though.
The dyno day sounds good. We could also meet like at the Hoover Dam parking lot or anywhere for that matter. Grab a bite....
I'll look at the Jegs site to see if they have a dyno.
Don't worry Mike will do something.
What's special about the Hoover Dam Parking lot? Regardless, count me in for a get together or whatever. I'd like an opportunity to meet you guys anyway. Not this weekend however as I'm going in for wrist surgery tomorrow to repair a torn cartledge.. it's my right so no 5 speed for me for a couple of weeks :(

tones688
01-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Called this place called Auto Erotica they have a dyno in Westerville. Corner of 161 & Westerville Rd (Rt3) They said they do 3 power pulls for $85.00 And tunes for $125.00 hr Tuners name was Eric something at any rate the guy said they may give discounts for groups.
That sounds cool. I just got my cobra about a month ago so I'd love to benchmark it and see what I have to build on :)

mojosvt
01-25-2006, 02:16 PM
the dyno sounds like a cool idea. I have been toying with a pulley swap, and I could get it tuned at the same time. I was planning on waiting till late summer, but we will have to see what we can set up. Thanks for looking into that dave, hopefully we will be able to set something up.

dewone
01-25-2006, 03:34 PM
It's a large parking place to park where no one will run you off City Park. Any place is good with me.
No problem Mike.
I'd be looking towards spring for that anyway. (Dyno)

cobrabitn
01-25-2006, 04:02 PM
We need to get all of our Buckeye members in here! :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Man I wish I was up there.....

<-----Buckeye fan at heart(Both my parents went to OSU

mojosvt
01-25-2006, 10:15 PM
We're trying Tony. I know there are a few other hardcore guys. We will get a few thing together, I promise. Even if Dave, Jeff, and I have to meet at the old speeds parking lot and do burnouts!:D

cobrabitn
01-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Mike,

I will call you this weekend since there is no NFL this week. :( How about Sunday afternoon or evening sometime??

Tony

tones688
01-26-2006, 07:09 AM
We're trying Tony. I know there are a few other hardcore guys. We will get a few thing together, I promise. Even if Dave, Jeff, and I have to meet at the old speeds parking lot and do burnouts!:D
Hey, count me in in this.. I can eat doughnuts, err I mean do burnouts with the best of them :p

dewone
01-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Mike you started it. The burnout thing. Guess it was all that excitment from the carts. Suprised we haven't heard from Jeff on this yet. Saw him at Home Depot the other day he was in his truck. If he doesn't chime in I'll call him, to see what his thoughts are.

mojosvt
01-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Sweet, I know we will pull a few things out this year. And I think it would be cool to head North or South a few times as well, if everything works out. Even if we can't go karting or to a dyno, we can represent the SCMC at a few local car shows.

Tony, that Sat would work better than sunday, I am actaully head off on a cruise on sunday, so I will be dealing with customs all day, and then out of signal after 5pm. You can call me anytime after 6pm today or friday, and all day on sat i will have my phone on me. 614 205 2649 hope to hear from you soon, Mike

Stavesacre21
02-02-2006, 04:11 AM
Count me in on just about anything fellas! I'd love to go south this year to try a few of the events that I haven't been to. Basically anything that doesn't require me to have a roll bar! Even though i'm running bone stock i'd still be up for a dyno just to get a baseline. As for Speeds...yea, that kinda sucks. so are they gonna be opening back up later on then, or are they leaving for good? Guess I was just a little confused about exactly what that means.

I know I haven't had much of a a chance to participate last year, but this year is gonna be different. I've got a good amount of vacation time to use this year, so I plan on going to some of the out of state events such as gingerman and dragon run VI. Weekends are a lil limited because of working every other weekend (:mad: ) But nevertheless, I'd love to get more involved with you all. It really was a great time last time we were at Speeds, and you were all a really great group of people to hang with...just made everyone feel welcome.

Anyhow, I know it's long winded, but I'm hopin to stay in the loop this year! Make sure to hit us up on here, AS WELL as via e-mail for any events. I'd say a Cobra caravan down south for some of those events would be pretty awesome! :bounce:

Lets keep the ball rolling people! :D :cool:

1badasp
02-03-2006, 05:25 PM
sounds great:thumbsup: ... thanks for letting me know dewone.

I'd be up for a dyno day... to get a good baseline staring point before I get the performance chip, tune and ignition