PDA

View Full Version : stroker

AAM Cobra 98
01-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi ... I have spun a bearing or cracked a rod so the engine has to be rebuilt and i am planning on forged internals along with a stroker kit plus 10.5:1 compression i am planning on staying N/A or maybe in the future N2O.

I was wondering what is the best stroker kit that includes evrything that is required (gasket, oil pump, forged internals, bearings ....etc) and from where to get it from...

any help is appreciated as i don't know where to start, it is a real hassle to find a good mechanic for Mustangs that knows his stuff around here i live in Bahrain (persian gulf)...

AAM Cobra 98
01-28-2006, 12:53 PM
no feedback ... atleast the stroker kits avalibale ..

cobrabitn
01-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I would think you could get stroker kits from Houston Performance??? Give Steve a call and ask him. www.houstonperformance.com.

AAM Cobra 98
01-29-2006, 04:23 PM
thanks for your feedback, i have seen some stroker kits of ModMax ... what do you think of the 302ci with 10.5:1 compression ...

smashedheadcat
01-30-2006, 11:37 PM
VT engines www.vtengines.com
Modular Performance www.modularperformance.com
Randy Haywood www.haywoodcustomspeed.com
Houston Performance www.houstonperformance.com
Modular Power House www.modularpowerhouse.com
MMR www.modularmustangracing.com

When my engine goes, I'm going to have Randy Haywood build it. He built my 97 cobra engine and I've got no complaints. He's an engine builder, car builder, tuner and driver. Plus, he's relatively local. The crew at VT engines are awesome guys and the stand by their work 100%. Good Prices as well. I've never dealt with Houston Perf but Tcrews on here has one nasty street car that's been stellar in the reliability department. Modular Performance- these guys know a thing or two about the mod motor. MPH, Tim is a one stop shop, builds engines and offers tuning as well. MMR races what they sell. Great customer service, great prices. You will be happy with any of these companies.

AAM Cobra 98
02-02-2006, 02:22 AM
thanks alot for your support and info ... i will go through them and see the best option for me and get your advice on the combination ..

AAM Cobra 98
02-03-2006, 01:41 PM
i went through the kits avaliable, but i need some info on which option is better the BIG BORE or the STROKER and whats the pros and cons of each... one more thing our cobras come with an Aluminum block and forged crank is that true ...

smashedheadcat
02-11-2006, 11:09 PM
I recommend you call all those places and discuss options, pricing, and possible waiting lists.... I'm not too fond of going with the big-bore or stroker. I would just go +.020 over and call it a day. That's me personally. On the dyno, I see the big bores making more power than the stroker motors...... and yes, 96-01 cobras have an aluminum block and forged steel crankshaft factory stock.

AAM Cobra 98
02-12-2006, 04:51 AM
thanks for your reply ... the stroker or the big bore will yield higher HP thats what i heard (exactly how much i would like to know )why only go .020" .. i will be paying for a short block why not just get the maxium out of it ...

is it a reliability issue with the stroker and big bore and what is the diffrence in HP & TQ between the stroker 302 and 0.020" over?

AAM Cobra 98
03-05-2006, 08:15 PM
thanks smashedheadcat, i have decided to go with a .02" over as you recommended as it seems there is some concerns on the stroker and the big bore will cost alot as i live in Bahrain and have to send my block, i will be geting my stuff from steve at houston performance. he has great prices and replies to the emails really fast .. i will be getting the following:
1- Diamond pistons/rings .02" over flat tops from what i understand they will be in the range of 10.5 - 10.8 CR
2- Eagle H-Beam rods (with the ARP 2000 bolts)
3- FM HP bearings main and rod .02 under
4- ARP main bolts
5- full overhaul gasket kit
6- billet oil pump gears and trigger wheel plus a new FRPP HV oil pump
7- canton 7qt with windage oil pan
8- set of new rockers and valve lash adjusters.

i think that will be all that i need.. appreciate your feedback if i need some other stuff , i am building this engine for N2O planning on a wet 200shot, i have all the stuff in my sig plus the BBK Long tubes ...

smashedheadcat
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
It sounds like you have a nice combo planned out. Your car will definately fly. I hope everything works out for you. One more thing, it may be a little late to do, but maybe you should look at the MMR Oil pump. They coat the gears with something and it makes them very strong. It's much cheaper than billet gears and they have not had a failure yet.

AAM Cobra 98
03-08-2006, 04:11 AM
thanks for the info, steve already told me to get them and he said they are great and cheaper ...

i really like the service i am getting from steve (houston performance and they have great prices) he is a great guy ......