PDA

View Full Version : 97 Cobra temperature question

Abu Ali
01-29-2006, 01:53 PM
i just bought a used 97 Cobra japanees spec. and i have question about the car's temperature . is it normal when the temerature gauge passes the middle point, it is still in the normal area but leaning towords the ( H ) ..... i don't have the manual that is why i am asking ... thank you for your time and effort.

any tips or usefull information are welcome:)

cobrabitn
01-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Most dealerships will tell you if it is in the "Nomal" operating position then it is okay. Like you, I get uneasy when I see the needle go more then half way so I changed to a 160 degree thermostat, bought a Fluidyne radiator, and replaced the coolant and hoses. Now it reads just on the "O" in the "NORMAL" range, less then half way.

SNAKEYE
01-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Most dealerships will tell you if it is in the "Nomal" operating position then it is okay. Like you, I get uneasy when I see the needle go more then half way so I changed to a 160 degree thermostat, bought a Fluidyne radiator, and replaced the coolant and hoses. Now it reads just on the "O" in the "NORMAL" range, less then half way.
All of the above (except a two-core Steeda radiator instead of Fluidyne) plus coolant fan override (coordinated with the 160 degree t-stat), Evans high-capacity coolant pump, Water Wetter, and cold air induction.

Abu Ali
01-30-2006, 07:09 AM
97 cobra
a friend recommended to remove the thermostate because i live in a hot country
so what do you guys recommed for me

cobrabitn
01-30-2006, 05:29 PM
No, keep a thermostat in there so your computer will not think your car is running cool and will run rich and not perform as well. Also, in some cases by removing the thermostat will not allow the coolant to get cooler by way of the fan therefore it will continue to run hot if not hotter. I did look at my gauge today and it reads on the "N" in stead of the "O" with a 160 degree thermostat, water wetter, and a Fluidyne three row radiator. :thumbsup: