PDA

View Full Version : Attn. high power IRS users!!!

jimmysidecarr
02-01-2006, 05:10 PM
ATTN. IRS users with INSANE TORQUE OUTPUT!!!(cough... Larry, Carl, and others)
"Guaranteed to Handle up to 1500hp"

This is mainly for drag focus users who want the ultimate fix for the IRS cover strength... and will not go the stick axle route...

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8339/diffcovcomp011ax.jpg

--> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254125

Evilcartman
02-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Nice!!!

Twice Bitten
02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
02-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Very nice I will have to remember this thread..

Twice Bitten
02-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I think Carl needs one of these, and Butcher also! :thumbsup: My old beater could not break a toothpick :rolleyes:

ORANGE CRUSH
02-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Just added it to the future mod list.

sbc.cobra
02-02-2006, 09:12 AM
wow...that thing is pretty cool :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I think Carl needs one of these, and Butcher also! :thumbsup: My old beater could not break a toothpick :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Jimmie ditched his IRS... He was running a a live axle(stick)..

But if there was a rule change or something he might have put it back in...

With all the twin screws, turbos and nitrous cars getting over 700 foot pounds... I can see why Doug decided to do another run... He needs at least 10 signed on before he can justify all the expense.

:thumbsup:

Levi
02-02-2006, 10:05 AM
My old beater could not break a toothpick :rolleyes:
:rotf:
Excuse me, even your beater diesel power stroke out torques most of use.
Then there’s the R, freaking race car it is.
The Frankenstang will be unbelievable.
And the Ford GT, speaks for it self.
:cool:

Twice Bitten
02-02-2006, 10:16 AM
:rotf:
Excuse me, even your beater diesel power stroke out torques most of use.
Then there’s the R, freaking race car it is.
The Frankenstang will be unbelievable.
And the Ford GT, speaks for it self.
:cool:

All of them are nothing more than beaters/ daily drivers :rotf:

AirForce1
02-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I just put it on my mod list.:thumbsup: just dont have the money.:(

msmap
02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
All of them are nothing more than beaters/ daily drivers :rotf:

yep, what great grocery getters they are, esp. w/baby seats in them :thumbsup:

spitfire
02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Jimmy, that is the ultimate fix! I have already installed the cover brace with the two gussets welded in. With the amount of work it takes to install the cover I guess this would be the best permanent fix. Again you have out done yourself!
You are the Man!:thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
02-03-2006, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't mind having one of those... but I couldn't justify the 800 dollar or so price that they go for :eek:

My IRS has held up just fine with the IRS brace from Billetflow... well, the housing at least has held up and not broke yet but we won't talk about some other "parts" that are in the rear :doubt:

Stock halfshafts don't like sticky, prepped surfaces on a drag radial pushing in excess of 600 horsepower to the tires. That was a 140 dollar towing lesson telling me I should have put the good parts in before taking it to the strip that time :D

The stock Ford trac-lok doesn't like stated above horsepower and lots and lots of wheelhop from said sticky tires on the street. It tends to kill bearings... and well practically everything else in the diff except for the ring and pinion gear. A 3.73 gear, Detroit Locker, and all new bearings fixed this problem to the tune of a thousand plus dollars for parts and labor. What sucks is that didn't pay for putting it back into my car as I did that myself and that was free :rotf:

Man I wish I lived in Texas right now... I'd love to take a ride in the new GT Larry :thumbsup: I guess I'll just have to be happy driving the "average, everyday 700 horsepower street machine" in my signature ;)

Shannon

jimmysidecarr
02-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Man I wish I lived in Texas right now... I'd love to take a ride in the new GT Larry :thumbsup: I guess I'll just have to be happy driving the "average, everyday 700 horsepower street machine" in my signature ;)
Shannon

Yea life is tough!!!........lol

I have only heard of one incident of a broken housing using the brace only.
The Billetflow brace is way beyond adequate for 99+% of us...

It's for those that have enough torque to induce cap walk and brace flex... which is going to be a rare car since most of the super high power cars have already changed over to the stick axles .... and some to a trans brake C4!!!

NO 5 OH
02-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Yea life is tough!!!........lol

Yeah it sucks driving a car that will haze a 315 Nitto DR from a 2nd gear roll... but somebody's gotta do it :D:D:D I need some new Hoosier 335 drag radials to get this pig to hook ;)

I have only heard of one incident of a broken housing using the brace only.
The Billetflow brace is way beyond adequate for 99+% of us...

It's for those that have enough torque to induce cap walk and brace flex... which is going to be a rare car since most of the super high power cars have already changed over to the stick axles .... and some to a trans brake C4!!!

Dave King is the only one I know of to crack the diff with a IRS brace from Billetflow. I'm honestly still trying to figure that one out... Jay Knotts was well into the 9's on an IRS with just the brace and didn't crack the diff to my knowledge. It could be from just routine street driving on regular tires or drag radials... I can tell you for certain the IRS doesn't like a lot of wheelhop on the street as I've broken my fair share of parts finding that out :thumbsup:

Jimmy if I'm ever down your way anytime in the near future I'll promise to give you a ride in the "lowly Whipple charged convertible" :rotf:

Shannon

Twice Bitten
02-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Shannon,
step up to the plate and put a 3.3L Whipple on there. It will fit under the hood, I promise. :D :D :D

jimmysidecarr
02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah it sucks driving a car that will haze a 315 Nitto DR from a 2nd gear roll... but somebody's gotta do it :D:D:D I need some new Hoosier 335 drag radials to get this pig to hook ;)
Dave King is the only one I know of to crack the diff with a IRS brace from Billetflow. I'm honestly still trying to figure that one out... Jay Knotts was well into the 9's on an IRS with just the brace and didn't crack the diff to my knowledge. It could be from just routine street driving on regular tires or drag radials... I can tell you for certain the IRS doesn't like a lot of wheelhop on the street as I've broken my fair share of parts finding that out :thumbsup:
Jimmy if I'm ever down your way anytime in the near future I'll promise to give you a ride in the "lowly Whipple charged convertible" :rotf:
Shannon

Yep.... Dave King is the one I heard of... You must be a reader of Modular Fords also :thumbsup: ... great site!!

I would love to hang out and talk... and a getting a ride in an ULTRA-TERMINATOR would just be icing on the cake!!!

I have had a few memorable rides so far... but only one pullied cobra... 03 cobra toy at TWS...
And of course Larry's and Andy's Y2K Cobra Rs... :hail: :hail: :hail:

No ride in Frankenstang yet.... now that he has the GT... I noticed he's calling it Sl03.... wrong... just wrong...lol

Looks like Houston is about to become the open track center of the universe!!! :thumbsup:

Three tracks within about one hours drive!!!! :thumbsup:
All competing for our buisness... WOW!!

NO 5 OH
02-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Shannon,
step up to the plate and put a 3.3L Whipple on there. It will fit under the hood, I promise. :D :D :D

LOL Larry! I think I've spent enough money on the damn car and can't justify much more. Besides... I think I've gotten to the point where I've said 600 + to the tires is more than enough... especially when a five minute pulley change will get me 660 or so ;);)

Yep.... Dave King is the one I heard of... You must be a reader of Modular Fords also ... great site!!

I would love to hang out and talk... and a getting a ride in an ULTRA-TERMINATOR would just be icing on the cake!!!

Yeah I'm over on modfords quite a bit... my S/N over there is FOURCED. I had NO 5 OH as the personalized tag on the Cobra for a long time... then changed it as the local constabulary thought it was something "derogatory" towards them :doubt: I used that as my screen name on most of the boards I registered on... until it was "retired" as the plate from the Cobra. Now you'll know who I am when you see me post :D

Shannon