PDA

View Full Version : CDC Lightbar / Rollbar

SvilleCobra
02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Has anyone ever seen a rollbar installed to work in conjunction with a CDC lightbar on a convertible?

I own a 97 Cobra Convertible that has been modified for On Track events but has a lightbar at this time. I was hugely bummed last summer as all driving events now require a regulation rollbar to participate. So I just watched. I do not want to lose the lightbar as I love the style it adds to the car. I also have not come across a rollbar that is functional and looks as good as the lightbar to motivate me to make the change.

Thus, I am searching for a rollbar that might fit within the lightbar, have swing out side bars, meet all regualtions, and look good while doing it. I suspect this will end up being a custom job though.

Does anyone have knowledge of such an animal? Does anyone know of a custom shop capable of putting something like this in?

Help...I want style, looks, and most importantly I want to take part in track events again!

nckissfan
02-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't see how you will be able to utilize both in the car at the same time. I, too, am in your shoes. I want to do on track events, but don't have a rollbar.

InfamousSVT
02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
You will have to get it custom made to work with the light bar, that's the only way it'll work.

Also, make sure that you get into contact with someone that knows all the rules on roll bars, you will have to have the roll bar halo come above the headrest. The only way is to customize the bar and the light bar. The roll bar will actually have to set inside of the light bar to come up high enough to be legal.

Good luck and let us know how you make out with it.

1997COBRA
02-07-2006, 12:48 AM
i feel your pain.. :(

mojosvt
02-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey Mike, it's Mike from Columbus. As you probably know, I totalled the 01 mineral grey with the CDC lightbar. And now I am looking to put something in the 03 that I am driving now. I have done quite a bit of research, and I am afraid, it is all going to have to be custom. So for now, I am going to bit the bullet and go with the autopower 4-point, so I am legal at track events, and worry about looks later.Hope tp talk with ya in a few days, take it easy, Mike

SvilleCobra
02-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey Mike...
Sorry to hear about the "old Cobra" BUT now an '03...what an upgrade! What color? Things always work out for the better sooner or later.

I will be on the call this Sunday. We should think about another outing at Speeds when the weather clears a bit. Have about 10" of snow right now so my Cobra is tucked away. Then again, nothing says we just cannot get together despite the weather.

I would love to see that rollbar after installation. I still have not made a decision....

Talk to you Sunday...

Mike