PDA

View Full Version : what are 03-04s actualy selling for now?

Dave B.
02-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Im looking to sell my Cobra,
I have been to some auto dealers and all you have to do is look at everything my car has and realize it will be a hard one to put a value on,

but I want to know, what have they been selling for latley with and without extra stuff like I have??

InfamousSVT
02-02-2006, 09:17 PM
You can get a mildly modded one (pulley, tune, exhaust, CAI, etc...) for around $25,000 with around 30,000 miles or so.
The highly modded ones (KB or whipple, full exhaust, CAI, custom tune, wheels, etc...) I have seen advertised between $25,000 and $30,000...........truth is you will never get what you put into it.

Good luck with the sale.

Dave B.
02-02-2006, 09:30 PM
yea I know ill never get it back out,,,no matter,,,,it was fun,

well folks,,,here it is for sale, I wish i had a way to post photos but I do not, im not a member,,,,I think a price of $29,000 is fair,,,,break open those piggy banks if you want it,

blk04cobra1
02-03-2006, 08:38 AM
How many miles on her? Also, if you send the pics to my email blk04cobra2@aol.com I will post them up for you...Im in the market for another one, just wasnt planning on spending $29k ;)

Dave B.
02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
I emailed you some photos BLkcobra

neckdemon
02-05-2006, 03:07 PM
i'm getting into the market for an 03 or 04 cobra and they all seem to be in the 27,000 to 32,000 price range.

Dave B.
02-05-2006, 05:37 PM
my 03 10th anniversary edition is on auto trader for $29,500
its very exotic, there were some photos on here but someone took them off, send me an email address so i can send them too you

neckdemon
02-05-2006, 05:43 PM
my 03 10th anniversary edition is on auto trader for $29,500
its very exotic, there were some photos on here but someone took them off, send me an email address so i can send them too you

i might have seen it if it's on auto trader. i'm probably going to have to buy from a dealer though, because i'm going to have to finance.

Dave B.
02-05-2006, 06:00 PM
well, thats why a freind of mine at a dealership told me, that its almost imposible for a me a private seller to find a person with that kind of cash in there pocket, and the average person cannot go to a bank them selves and get the kind of loan a deal can get them,,,its too bad, I may end up having to trade it in, all i can get trade is about $27,000 thats the highest number iv been offered by a dealer so far, I have almost $13,000 worth of add ons,,spared no expense,,,

neckdemon
02-05-2006, 06:18 PM
well, thats why a freind of mine at a dealership told me, that its almost imposible for a me a private seller to find a person with that kind of cash in there pocket, and the average person cannot go to a bank them selves and get the kind of loan a deal can get them,,,its too bad, I may end up having to trade it in, all i can get trade is about $27,000 thats the highest number iv been offered by a dealer so far, I have almost $13,000 worth of add ons,,spared no expense,,,

yeah i can fell your pain. did you save all the stock parts? i know it's alot of work, but i would think about taking the car back to stock and then trading it in. and then you can sell the parts here or at the corral or something like that. oorrrrrr.......you can try ebay. you'll probably get a sale that way.

cobrabitn
02-05-2006, 06:30 PM
there were some photos on here but someone took them off

Dave,

No one took your photos off the BB, the thread was moved to the "For Sale" section where it should have been all along. We let those pics remain on the board as a courtesy to Torrey. As I indicated to you previously, guests do not get the same privileges as paying club members.

Thanks!

Dave B.
02-05-2006, 07:22 PM
dont sweat it bud,,,,,i wont have the car much longer to take up room on your board, sorry about posting it in the wrong place,

RF Cobra
02-05-2006, 09:13 PM
If the buyer has good credit they can typically get at least as good a loan if not better then through the dealership. Dealers usually have arrangements with lenders in which they get part of the interest, which means the bank charges a slightly higher interest rate with the dealer loan in order to cover what they pay the dealer.

Dave B.
02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
heres the problem, would you agree most fans of these cars are for the most part 35 years and younger? I know theres a bunch of you guys that are my age of 49 and olders out there but for the most part, would say 35 and younger? if thats the case, then there high credit may not be up to par,

I would think most older guys that have the higher credit buying power would go more fo the Corvette, Porche, ect,ect, I know theres a lot of you that will disagree but I think most of those who really want to buy my car are going to be 35 closer to 25 and most likley will not have cash they will have to use a bank, and because of that will have to go to a dealer.

But I do have the add in auto trader online so we shall see,

kcast
02-06-2006, 07:42 PM
I bought mine '04 with 7500 miles and about $2100+ in mods for $27,000

SVT_03Cobra
02-06-2006, 07:57 PM
I just picked my 03 Cobra Convertible up off of eBay last weekend... it too has mods and 13k miles on it...

Riversnake
02-07-2006, 01:24 PM
well, thats why a freind of mine at a dealership told me, that its almost imposible for a me a private seller to find a person with that kind of cash in there pocket, and the average person cannot go to a bank them selves and get the kind of loan a deal can get them,,,its too bad, I may end up having to trade it in, all i can get trade is about $27,000 thats the highest number iv been offered by a dealer so far, I have almost $13,000 worth of add ons,,spared no expense,,,When I bought my car, I talked to the GM of my local dealership; he said they would buy a car I wanted and sell it to me for the same price so I could finance. They get their money mostly from financing anyway. But I thought that was cool of them to even offer.

RF Cobra
02-07-2006, 06:09 PM
The real issue would most likely be being able to make the payments and afford the insurance, especially in Florida. A serious buyer shouldn't have any problem qualifying. I was 34 when I bought my Cobra and lets just say the credit score came back so high they wanted to try to sell me one of their mega buck supercharged Jaguars with no money down which would have been fine with me, but the bank wouldn't have been happy after they found out I couldn't afford the payments.

Having a high credit score is easy as long as you pay your bills on time every month and don't get into a situation where you owe more than you can afford to pay. It doesn't require having to make big purchases, just consistent on time or early payments. They are out there, you just have to find one that is wanting to buy what you are selling.

heres the problem, would you agree most fans of these cars are for the most part 35 years and younger? I know theres a bunch of you guys that are my age of 49 and olders out there but for the most part, would say 35 and younger? if thats the case, then there high credit may not be up to par,

I would think most older guys that have the higher credit buying power would go more fo the Corvette, Porche, ect,ect, I know theres a lot of you that will disagree but I think most of those who really want to buy my car are going to be 35 closer to 25 and most likley will not have cash they will have to use a bank, and because of that will have to go to a dealer.

But I do have the add in auto trader online so we shall see,

neckdemon
02-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Having a high credit score is easy as long as you pay your bills on time every month and don't get into a situation where you owe more than you can afford to pay. It doesn't require having to make big purchases, just consistent on time or early payments. They are out there, you just have to find one that is wanting to buy what you are selling.

that not necessarily true. i was thinking about buying a cobra a dealership had for sale around here. i've since changed my mind and am going to wait a month or 2 just to save up a littel bigger downpayment so i could lower the payments a bit. i could have gotten the car but they did tel me my credit was good but that i just don't have enough of a credit history to get a really good deal from the bank.

serpico
02-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I just bought an sonic blue 03 with 32000 miles and full bassini exhaust for 26000 out the door. I think I got a good deal due to the 1700 worth of fees. I bought mine from a dealer in Ohio.

RF Cobra
02-07-2006, 11:10 PM
If you are in your 30s as we were discussing then you have had more than enough time to build a substantial enough credit history to go with having a good credit score and obtaining a low interest rate (by good credit score, I mean a beacon score on up in the 800 range). If you are in this age range then I would suggest going directly to the bank you have accounts with. As I said earlier, you will typically get better rates by getting the financing yourself as the dealership acts as middleman when they arrange the financing causing the rate to be higher since they get a part of your interest payments. This is why some will try to discourage you from doing your own financing because then they don't get any of the interest. And some will tell some outlandish tales to make you think you can't get a good loan on your own.

You can also try lending tree's website as they also do vehicle loans and that will give you some rates to compare with what the dealership and your bank tell you. If they wont negotiate on the rate, go somewhere else. Interest rates are negotiable too in a lot of cases just like the price of the vehicle. This is especially true if you have good (800+) beacon credit scores because they know you are a low default risk according to the credit report.

that not necessarily true. i was thinking about buying a cobra a dealership had for sale around here. i've since changed my mind and am going to wait a month or 2 just to save up a littel bigger downpayment so i could lower the payments a bit. i could have gotten the car but they did tel me my credit was good but that i just don't have enough of a credit history to get a really good deal from the bank.

sssvtcobra
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
You don't necessarily need a 800+ credit score, or be in your thirties though either. I bought my Cobra when I was 25, brand new '04 for 28K. My interest rate is 3.49, my credit score was 725 then, and I got the loan through a credit union that I was not a member at until then. That was a better interest rate than the credit union I was a member at. The credit union that I bank with wanted to give me a 4.99 interest rate. So dealing with a dealership does have it's bonus's. After buying the car, I'm now a member at two different credit unions, so depending on interest for things, I jump back and forth.

RF Cobra
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Good deal! :thumbsup:

You don't necessarily need a 800+ credit score, or be in your thirties though either. I bought my Cobra when I was 25, brand new '04 for 28K. My interest rate is 3.49, my credit score was 725 then, and I got the loan through a credit union that I was not a member at until then. That was a better interest rate than the credit union I was a member at. The credit union that I bank with wanted to give me a 4.99 interest rate. So dealing with a dealership does have it's bonus's. After buying the car, I'm now a member at two different credit unions, so depending on interest for things, I jump back and forth.

sssvtcobra
02-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Good deal! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was pretty happy. And the fact that it only had 48 miles on it, and I didn't buy it until Dec. of '04 was even better.

Sorry if off topic :)

blk04cobra1
02-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Dave B., you'd cry if I told you what I was paying for mine this weekend...it has just a few less mods than yours, but is significantly lower...good luck now that you're keeping it :thumbsup:

topp66
02-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I have had a few offers for my 03 Redfire with 13,200 miles on it. It is 100% stock. A dealer in KY offered me $23k for the car this weekend. Should I hold out??

blk04cobra1
02-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I have had a few offers for my 03 Redfire with 13,200 miles on it. It is 100% stock. A dealer in KY offered me $23k for the car this weekend. Should I hold out??

I wouldnt take anything less than that, especially from a dealer :thumbsup:

Texaslawdawg
02-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I am looking for around $35,000 on mine with 11,000 and all the mods...

Under the Hood:
- Polished 2.4 Kenne Bell
- Stage 3 Crower Cams (installed by JDM (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/#))
- SCT 4-way flip chip with 8-position selector in car.
- Acufab Throttle body (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/#)
- SCT 2400 MAF
- METCO 100mm idler
- 3.25 Upper Pulley
- Stock Lower
- Cold air intake (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/#)

Exhaust:
- SLP Longtubes
- SLP Catted X-pipe and interchangable offroad flow tubes. (wideband bung welded in already)
- Magnaflow MagnaPack GT Catback

Fuel System (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/#):
- 60 lb injectors
- KB Boost-a-pump
- Focus pumps with JDM installed wiring upgrade.

Drivetrain & Suspension:
- super smooth stock tranny
- STOCK clutch! So you know this thing hasn't been abused!
- Pro-5.0 shifter with MGW handle
- Maximum Motorsports (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/#) Full Length Subframes
- QA1 rear shocks
- Built 2003 GT Live axle (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/#) with the following:
- 3.73 gears
- 31 Spline Moser axles
- TA Diff cover
- Welded Axle tubes
- rear GT brakes with slotted and drilled rotors
- Eaton Pro Posi with Kevlar Clutches
- HPM Upper control arms
- HPM Megabite JR Lower control arms
- Bullitt rear springs

Interior and Exterior:
- perfect interior
- Satin Wheels with good stock tires
- SLP Linelock
- Switches to turn on IC Pump and Fans
- Raptor Shift Light
- MGW Cobra knob
- Speed of Sound 2 Pillar pod
- Autometer Lunar Electric Fuel (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/#) Pressure
- Autometer Lunar Boost
- Kenny Brown Seat rail Extenders
- Stainless Steel Cobra inserts

NEW PARTS that come with car but not installed:
- DFX Clutch and Pressure plate
- Centerforce Throwout bearing
- Fidanza Flywheel
- Liberty 26 spline input shaft
- Fiore Clutch quadrant kit
- LDC Cooling mod
- LDC Clutch Freeplay mod
- CobraBob shifter gaskets
- QA1 Front struts
- LFP Radiator
- LFP Intercooler Reservior
- LFP Heat Exchanger
- Kenne Bell Boost-a-spark
- Steeda front Drag Springs

Cobra4me
02-19-2006, 01:25 AM
alot of nice mods there. but don't think you could get 35K IMHO. since it seems you never get your money back from all that was spent