PDA

View Full Version : Well, I have owned and driven many cars...but I love my '03 Cobra Convertable

SpikeMT
02-05-2006, 01:38 AM
I love my '03 Cobra

I own a car dealership and have owned and driven many cars. I thought I would never be "excited" about a car again. Cars come and go for me like a Banana in the produce department. "Looks good..etc and that is the reason to sell it. "

I had a '01 Cobra convertable and drove it last summer. I fell in love but being a dealer for so many years I sold it. Took an 03 GT in trade. I drove that GT to the gas station and realized I missed my Cobra. A GT is no Cobra, I am sure for people that havent driven a Cobra a GT is great. So with in two weeks I found a nice '03 Convertable with 13k miles. I havent driven it much because I live in New England and the weather sucks now but the days I do take it out, I love it.

The car makes me excited. I love looking at it every morning as I walk past it in the garage and drive my other car. I even sneak peaks at night...just to look at it. I have to admit, sounds corny but...I have dreams about it too..lol

Am I crazy? I am 34 yrs old. Am I suppose to love a car like this? I am not a kid any more. Infact I have two kids and have been married for 11ys. Been at the same job for about 20yrs...

When I drive my Cobra, I am a different person. I want to race everyone. I want to excellerate as fast as I can. I love to hit 100mph in 3rd gear because I can. I like to drive in one gear lower than I need just to hear the motor. I might want to "punch it" and let it go.

I like seeing the kids faces when they pull up next to me in their Imports and see my Viper emblem on the fender. They, and only the kids seem to know, they wont win. That emble on the fender wins all races without even letting out the clutch.

I take people for rides, just to let them feel the power. I always get a "WTF!!, this car is too F'n Fast".

Am I crazy to want to make it faster? Am I crazy to feel the way I do? Am I crazy to make this post letting people know how I feel?

Be safe all

Steve

cobrabitn
02-05-2006, 02:05 AM
If you're crazy then so am I. I always look back at my Mystichrome to see what color it is and joke about it matching my mood.

Since you live in New England, I suggest attending one of our upcoming AX events. It's a great group of guys and they like to drive their snakes fast , too.

:thumbsup:

Cobra4me
02-05-2006, 02:09 AM
that pretty much sums it up to me also and probably alot of people here in the forum. Great thoughts that you have shared with us. I know when I get into the 04 its kinda like a treat for me. To me its the ulitimate driving experience and not a day goes by that I drive it that someones doesn't give me a compliment

Skitzerman
02-05-2006, 05:37 AM
All of that and then some. We all have the fever. I had it for years with Camaro's and Cuda's but this thing with my 04 Mystic Cobra is definitely terminal. I know there is no age boundry with this obsession. I'll be 59 next month. Jammin gears is still my exercise of choice and the smell of burnt rubber could never be sweeter. I've already gotten up in the middle of the night and hit the Pennsylvania turnpike with nobody around at three in the morning and really stretched it out. Just an incredible car for the money. You are definitely not alone..............

03slidewayzSVT
02-05-2006, 09:28 AM
I know what you mean!! last night I installed a steeda shifter in a 03 GT with 4:10 gears. Then I drove it to set the stops on the shifter even with the 4:10's the car seemed like a dog. I was waiting for the supercharger to kick in but there was none DAMN:D I'll never be able to drive a N/A mustang again.:thumbsup: