PDA

View Full Version : Loping idle?

Schleprock
02-06-2006, 07:41 PM
I had an issue with my 03 not holding a constant idle. It would lope up and down and occasionally stall. It was still under warranty and the dealer looked at it and determined that the Mass Air Sensor had gone out. They replaced it and the car has run fine for 3 months. Now it seems to be starting to idle irregularly again....any ideas??? Thanks

Big T
02-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I've seen several people with rough idle complaints. Does your car stall when going into neutral while coasting to a stop or coasting into a turn? Mine did that and it was quite scary. I tried changing everything and had only temporary success. I had the tune reflashed with an upgrade specifically for the stalling. No trouble since.

cobrabitn
02-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Take your Cobra back to the dealership and they have a reflash TSB on that problem.

blk04cobra1
02-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I know ive got a lot more stuff done, but check your 02 sensors as well...sometimes they get clogged...getting a reflash is also a good idea :thumbsup:

Schleprock
02-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I had the the o2 sensors replaced after they went out with no problems since. They went bad soon after the Bassani was installed which was to be expected I guess. I will check the dealer and o2 again. Thanks.

Pro-Dyno
02-12-2006, 12:32 AM
The TSB will fix it. ford addressed this problem in the 04 so now the TSB is to flash the computer with the 04 programming.:thumbsup: