PDA

View Full Version : SLP Loud Mouth or Flowmasters Am Thunder?

Rons98SVT
02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
What are the most of you running on your Cobra's ?
SLP Loud Mouth or Flowmaster Am Thunder ?

cobrabitn
02-06-2006, 09:01 PM
MAC and Magnaflow. :)

SvilleCobra
02-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Bassani Cat-X, Flowmasters on a 97 Cobra - thinking about changing as the FM's drone at highway speed - drives me nuts.

Have heard and read very good things about the SLP system BUT be prepared for the loudest system you have heard. You just have to want a loud system....I have heard it in person and it sounds great.

CORSA makes the best system going BUT they only make a system for the '05,'06 Mustang. No drone, quiet at speed and nasty when stepped on which is what all the manufacturers and car nuts want.

sssvtcobra
02-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I have an SLP loudmouth catback with a bassani off road x-pipe, and I love it. I first had a bassani catback with the same midpipe and I like the SLP better. But I do suggest that if you are going to go with the SLP and an off road midpipe, to go with the loudmouth 2 mufflers/resonators. That's what I have. I don't experience any drone and it sounds great. Quiet at idle, but once you start putting gas to it, it wakes up and gets loud. The loudmouth 1's were rediculous loud, and they had some drone.

mojosvt
02-07-2006, 08:45 PM
I currently have bassani catted x-pipe and the SLP loudmouth I's, and sssvtcobra is right, it is fricken loud. I personally love the sound, and the fact that everybody knows when I am coming down the road. But I am looking into getting the Loudmouth II mufflers for long road trips, just because the wife is not so hot on the highway drone.

Rons98SVT
02-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Cool thanks for all the replys.:thumbsup:
Right now I have the MAC Pro Dumps on it and it's pretty loud in the car at low speeds. I've always like the sound of the Flowmasters but I'd like to try the SLP Loud mouth set.

ausie
02-10-2006, 06:49 AM
I bought the SLP loudmouth kit twice. I should have removed it from the 01 before trading it in since it would have fit the 04. Both kits had the welded in resonators (M31003). To be honest, at first the sound is ear piercing bad a$$ open header sound for the first two or three weeks of driving then it will settle down to tremendously until you can barely hear it under normal traffic driving. However that may be quite different if you have a convertable since the rag top does not provide the same amount of noise insulation as the coupe. On the highway I do not get much drone at all when cruising. People have told me that my 01 was louder than the 04 with the same exhaust kit. Reports of friends who followed me stated that when I pull out from a stop sign their car shook and vibrated from the exhaust :rotf: . On both cars I did not change the mid pipe or cats. I am not sure if I would like the sound with an Xpipe but some have told me it sounds great (I guess it all depends on what you like). I originally bought the SLP kit for performance (reduction in back pressure since it is a non-baffled exhaust) but liked the sound alot.

The Gord
02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I have the Magnaflow catted-X and C/B. Loud at WOT, deep rumble at idle, no drone at highway speeds. Absoltely love it. Again not nearly as loud as the loudmouths. Also has a consistent/clean sound

bluebyu
02-10-2006, 12:44 PM
2 chamber Flowmasters with o/r h-pipe. Love the sound!:thumbsup:

ProfChaos
02-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Bassani offroad X-pipe (from a Saleen)
Flowmaster low-restriction (Delta-Flow)

I get comments quite often regarding the character-rich, un-mistakeable tone of the exhaust note. Bassani and Flowmaster make for a mutually-enhancing combination...Forceful enough to terrify cats and small children.
:firedevil

cheers,
--Professor Chaos

The Gord
02-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Check out

mustangexhaust.com

you can listen to all sorts of combos of headers and/or midpipe and/or CB.

venomnous99
02-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I have the SLP Loudmouth with an OR X pipe. It is loud, real loud. Some don't like it, but I love it. Of course, as stated earlier, I may change to the 2's if the wife has her way. But as long as I can keep her at bay, I will stay right where I am. I have had numerous people say, "That is the baddest Mustang I have vere heard!" I continuously have people pull up next to me on the highway, and roll down there windows and listen. They all smile and give me the thumbs up. Now if only the car was a tough as it sounds, that would be a bonus. Well hopefully, real soon, TWIN TURBOS!!! Yah! Then it will have bark and bite!!!!

flynfink
02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Magna flow on the 99 = no drone
Mac on the 94 = DRONE

Rons98SVT
02-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Well I've gone with a Bassani Catted X-Pipe and Am Thunder Flowmaster Cat backs with the Delta Flow's.:thumbsup: Loud enough to piss the neighbors off.:woot:

QuickSilver
02-23-2006, 08:02 AM
I have a Bassani off road X pipe w/no cats and the Borla Cat back from steeda. I love it! very loud when getting on it, no drone, a nice (not too loud) rumble in idle, until you get headers. lets just say you will be known comming through, might even set some alarms off. lol.:D
jason:rotf: :rotf:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>18 Chrome Steeda ultra lights rims
Sumitomo 265/35/ZR18
Steeda racing lug nuts

Steeda billet bullet door locks

Steeda 4 bolt adjustable caster chamber plates

Steeda shifter bezel w/name

Maximum motorsports k member bar

3:55 rear gears

MGW 3-D chrome/billet cobra shift knob

UPR Blu Thunder NS shifter

Baer Eradispeed vented crossed-drilled and slotted rotors

Bassani off-road X pipe w/no cats

Borla Cat-Back Exhaust made by Steeda

K&N air filter charger

Diablo sport chip

UPR rear bumper inserts

20% black window tint

Chrome Cobra license plate

SVT Cobra Mustang Club Third Brake Light Decal

SVT Cobra Mustang Club Dash Board Badge

SVT Cobra Mustang Club Engine Badge

</o:p>

tango7
02-23-2006, 08:12 PM
I have the slp loudmouth 2 cat back and love the sound...

Ram77mus
02-25-2006, 01:51 AM
I have Magnaflow cat-back with off-road X-pipe, and I'm very happy with it. I had Flowmaster's before but I was not happy with it at all.

Rons98SVT
02-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I have Magnaflow cat-back with off-road X-pipe, and I'm very happy with it. I had Flowmaster's before but I was not happy with it at all.
What didn't you like about the Flows ? Did you have the two chamber 40's or Delta Flow ?