PDA

View Full Version : To tune or not to tune.

bluebyu
02-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Hey Everyone!:hello: Cant wait until the Food Lion show in April to see you guys and gals again. And the warm weather. Stupid cold winter:mad: Gotta another question. Im thinking of having the Snake tuned while Im there over at Pro Dyno. I belive he told me last year it was around $350 to do so. Would I benefit more from having it tuned that way or is it just as good to get the Diablo Programmer? I had it dynoed last September there and it pulled a descent 278 rwhp and 269 rwtq with the mods I have. When it was bone stock it pulled 255 rwhp. 23 hp gain aint bad. BUT! Do you think I might could sqeeze out close to 300 with a good tune. I know these hp and torque numbers cant compare with what most of you are pushing but Im working myself up a little at a time and with what $$$ the bill man leaves me with. Thanks for any help in advance everyone and Tony! This club rocks brother. My Wife and I were very impressed last september Food Lion show. Its like a big family and everyone is so nice and helpfull. Everyone makes you feel like you have known them forever. That means alot too. The morals and the Character in this club cant be matched no where else. You are truly good people. Ok,,, I'll get off my soap box now:D Sorry rambling on. Thanks everyone again for any help in advance.:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
02-08-2006, 08:51 AM
You may get some gains with a tune, however with your mods you may want to save those dollars for something like a BLOWER, and then get a tune. Your current setup looks good and the numbers you are getting are good for what you've done. Wait, save your money and after some MAJOR mods get a good tune. JMHO! :D

The Gord
02-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I was wondering also when would be a good time to tune. I will try and install a NX wet kit and that will for surely require a tune. But, are ther any other worthwhile mods you can reccomend I get before I go with a tune? Eventually I will rebuild the motor w/forged internals and do cams at that time. thanks

cobrabitn
02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Donny,

You can ask Dan at Pro Dyno if he thinks you will benefit with a computer reflash. Personally, I think you would gain some hp with a computer reflashing. I don't think an SCT is necessary unless you go to a blower. You seem to have all of the mods you could possibly put on your 98 Cobra, I think your numbers are a little low for your mods. You should be in the 290's so I would make sure you have a "tune-up" completed before getting back on the dyno. New plugs, proper gap, and new wires would be a good way to insure the bext possible tune. JMHO

BTW, thanks for the compliments! :thumbsup:

The Gord...ditto!

InfamousSVT
02-09-2006, 06:36 AM
I would get a computer reflash on a dyno rather then the handheld tuner. You will be able to get a better tune while on a dyno. Good luck:thumbsup:

BTW, yeah I believe with a tune you'll be able to get over 300rwhp

03slidewayzSVT
02-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Dan @ PRO-DYNO Will get the best numbers for you and make it VERY safe to drive anywhere and in any conditions... Give him a call I'm sure he'll do it when every you want...:thumbsup:

Pro-Dyno
02-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Give us a call if we cant pick up any power we will put it back to stock and all you pay is a little dyno time :D

bluebyu
02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys, Dan I will be giving you a call to set up a tune. Im hoping to get it done April 7. I'll call you the week before to confirm it.:thumbsup: sound good?

Pro-Dyno
02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Let us know how we can help:)

Red Wedge
02-13-2006, 09:22 AM
BlueByu- I'd like to speak with you about your car at AutoFair. I have a 96 cobra that I am starting to want to get some go fast goodies to put on it. I took a look at your list and see alot of what I have been thinking about doing. Personally, I'd like to see you get it tuned by Pro-Dyno so that I could see the results and get a "game plan" together for mine.;) I also agree with Tony, I think your #'s are a little low for your mods, so maybe there is some extra horses in there somewhere that Pro-Dyno can find for you. Good luck and see you at autofair......