PDA

View Full Version : nitrous question

kinderlied
02-09-2006, 08:07 PM
My 96 has about 98,000 miles. Should I bother putting a nitrous kit on and what kind, wet or dry system? Local speed shop has wet nitrous express kit for $550. Will I ruin my engine quickly with those miles? :( My Cobra runs good and uses little oil and still runs strong. I do notice some smoke at high rpms close to redline and the few times I have hit the fuel shut off at 7K. Thanks.

Pro-Dyno
02-12-2006, 01:19 AM
6200 rpm's she is all done pulling as for nos if you see smoke now the end is near nos will only quicken it:)

The Gord
02-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Im actually getting ready to order an NX race kit for my 99 and run somewhere between and 100-150 shot on the stock shortblock. I cant really justify a chip and dyno tune at 500 bucks, but if I go nitrous I will absolutely dyno tune w/ and w/o nitrous. My question is how do I know my tuner is giving me a safe tune?

From what I know, i think that timing must be retarded about 4 degrees and also I should set up a window switch to activate/shutoff at 3500-6500 RPMs. Should fuel be added in the tune as well? I will be switching to the SVT focus fuel pump as well. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated for I dont want to blow my motor. thanks