PDA

View Full Version : Visiting The Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum

tones688
02-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey guys,

I saw a feature on this museum on Car Crazy (Show on the Speed Channel) a few Sunday mornings ago. They have some very interesting cars on display and I'd like to go check it out. The wife and I will likely cruise over there within the next couple of weekends (not this weekend), so I figured I'd post this here to see if anyone was interested in meeting up there. The museum is in the Cleveland area and I'll be driving over from Columbus. Museum link is:

http://www.wrhs.org/crawford/default.asp

Big Daddy
02-15-2006, 12:28 PM
I grew up in Cleveland and have been to the Crawford museum several times...it sounds as if it has gotten even better from when I was a kid. Now they have a full time guy who is actually getting the cars back into running condition. You should have a great time there! :thumbsup:

Stavesacre21
02-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm actually gonna be headin over to that museum next weekend, believe it or not! My GF and I thought it sounded like a good time as well! If that's the same weekend you were thinkin of goin, let me know...maybe we could meet up! That would be pretty cool :bounce:

tones688
02-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Sounds like the makings of a plan :). We hadn't made definitive plans on a set date. Just that it would be in the next couple of weekends and not this one due to the Daytona races. Had you decided on a Saturday or Sunday? I'm flexible although Saturday may be preferable as I wouldn't be able to get out of Columbus until after 10 am on Sunday. Let me know what you're thinking and hopefully we can meet up.

I'm actually gonna be headin over to that museum next weekend, believe it or not! My GF and I thought it sounded like a good time as well! If that's the same weekend you were thinkin of goin, let me know...maybe we could meet up! That would be pretty cool :bounce:

Stavesacre21
02-17-2006, 06:44 PM
and not this one due to the Daytona races.
That's a gimme ;)

As for which day next weekend, that's not really clear yet either. I'll be sure to keep in touch with you and anyone else who might wanna meet through here. Just check back every few days, or if you have a day that works better, run it by and I'll see what i can do! :thumbsup:

tones688
02-17-2006, 08:50 PM
That's a gimme ;)

As for which day next weekend, that's not really clear yet either. I'll be sure to keep in touch with you and anyone else who might wanna meet through here. Just check back every few days, or if you have a day that works better, run it by and I'll see what i can do! :thumbsup:
Sounds good to me. Any other takers out there, looks like we're gonna target next weekend?

Stavesacre21
02-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Well i know we're gettin a lil close, considering that tomorrow or Sunday would be our target day, but I didn't know if you, or anyone else for that matter, was plannin on goin to the museum this weekend. If you are, name a time and we'll try to make it there. Besides the Cleveland Auto Show this weekend, our weekend is pretty much completely open. Let me know if you plan on still goin tones! :cool:

tones688
02-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Well, looks like we're gonna give it a pass this weekend. Was hoping for a nice sunny day like we've had the past few days for a drive over there but we're calling for possible snow showers here starting after midnight and intermittent throughout tomorrow. Even if it doesn't snow, sure doesn't look like a nice day upcoming.

Anyway, will likely try for one of the upcoming weekends. Enjoy the trip if you go, and let me know how it goes. If you do wait, we can try again for next week.

Stavesacre21
02-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Yea i'm not really sure what the my girls gonna wanna do, but it's likely we might swing by this weekend, probably because the cleveland auto show is this weekend too. If I lived a closer (i'm from lima, mind you), i'd try to hold till next weekend, but I won't be in town.

Thats cool though. If we end up goin today, i'll be sure to let you know how it looks. Sounds pretty cool from what I hear! And I don't blame you with the weather...I don't even have the cobra here...i'm dirvin my beater and the cobras still in storage :p SO i don't think i could rag on ya too hard! :D

Stavesacre21
02-27-2006, 03:02 AM
Didn't end up hittin the museum up this weekend, because of the car show takin place. HOWEVER, the irony would be that there were cars at the car show that were FROM the museum...so it was like a taste of it. It sure looks pretty sweet, so I'm sure within the next month we'll take that trip there. If you happen to make it there before that, let me know how it looks! Taker easy tones :)