PDA

View Full Version : mod question?

spincobra03
02-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I just bought a tuner for my 03 convert made by superchips. I have been having that loss of power thing where if I put it into netural at 40 mph or more I stall out and loose power steering and stuff. Now ive been told all I need to do is get reflashed to an 04 program. If I want to use the tuner do I have to get reflashed before I use the tuner or will it not matter? Also I hear people talking about other people giving you guys tunes meaning you guys dont program them yourselfs?? I guess im a bit confused, you have to understand I have limited car knowledge, im more like tom cruise in days of thunder I only love driving fast, so please talk to me like an idiot. Now ive been told I can program my car myself but is that not recommended? Now when I do this are there any other major changes i need to make, All I have is k&n intake and flowmaster exaust with 3 " tips, the rest of the car is bone stock, (with the exception of my mgw shifter I ordered) (any thougts on the mgw?) oh yeah and I have a sweet street glow kit for car shows in the summer. And im trying to get ahold of the scott guy from the steel lettering place for the back of my car but he never answers, its been a pain in the ass. After these changes without a dyno can anyone give me an estimate on possible total HP. Im sure this post is gonna be really confusing but if someone could give me some help it would be much appreciated.

scrmngdave
02-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Even with the car being bone stock, there is alot to gain by having the car properly tuned. There alot of parameters in the PCM that can be manipulated and changed, and if you don't know what you're changing, it can really get you in to a mess. I would definately take the car to someone who can get you the most out of the car, and keep you safe. Give Dan and Rob a call at Pro-Dyno @ 704-651-3807 and see what they can do for you. Dan has the best garauntee I've ever seen. If he tunes your car, and you're not happy with the tune, he'll put the car back to where it was, and all you pay is some dyno time. I would think that the tune will take care of the issue you're having with the stalling, but double check with Dan on that. These cars can vary alot from car to car, but I would think you should make somwhere between 380-420 rwhp I would really recomend before getting the car tuned, change your blower pulley for the 2.8 or 2.75 and then get the tune, you will be amazed at the change in the car!! :thumbsup:

Big T
02-17-2006, 10:11 PM
You can try the tuner out and see if it stalls with the new program. I had that problem only occassionally when stock and it got worse when I put the superchips tune in it then got really bad when I swapped out my pulley. It happened a few times while going into a turn and I almost went into a ditch once. You can call the person who did the tune on the tuner and ask them to put the new flash on it if you are still having stalling problems with the new tune. Most tuners know what you are talking about and will do this for free. Most will also load new tunes on it as you get more mods. I wouldn't even bother going to a dealer to reflash the computer. Remember if you put the new tune on your car, do not let a dealer mess with your car's computer or the tuner will no longer recognize your car and you will not be able to load tunes onto your car with the tuner in the future. Hope this isn't confusing.

03slidewayzSVT
02-17-2006, 10:12 PM
ya man Dan and Rob @ PRO-DYNO are the best in the business:thumbsup: Give them A call or check out PRO-DYNO's web site www.PRO-DYNO.net . My car with only weld in flowmasters and drop in K&N filter made 395 rwhp and 383 rwtq. Dan And Rob then tuned it and the car put down 430 rwhp and 415 rwtq with A/F @11.8 . This is with a tune that is very safe and can run WOT anytime. Now I have a 2.8 pulley, 4 piece idlers and a MAC off-road H-pipe. Give them a call they'll make your car like new again....:thumbsup:

mkkrs1
02-18-2006, 12:57 PM
ya man Dan and Rob @ PRO-DYNO are the best in the business:thumbsup: Give them A call or check out PRO-DYNO's web site www.PRO-DYNO.net . My car with only weld in flowmasters and drop in K&N filter made 395 rwhp and 383 rwtq. Dan And Rob then tuned it and the car put down 430 rwhp and 415 rwtq with A/F @11.8 . This is with a tune that is very safe and can run WOT anytime. Now I have a 2.8 pulley, 4 piece idlers and a MAC off-road H-pipe. Give them a call they'll make your car like new again....:thumbsup:
have you had your car retuned since the pulley install?

03slidewayzSVT
02-18-2006, 03:51 PM
yes mkkrs1 I have. the only problem is my clutch is fried and it slips bad above 4k. this week my centerforce dual fricton clutch from LFP will be here. So hopefully it will take care of it:thumbsup: