PDA

View Full Version : Leather seats...

STANGBUM
02-20-2006, 06:24 PM
I hope this is the right forum,
I am looking to either buy new skins for my 1997 cobra seats(saddle) or if someone has some for sale I would be interested. (must be in good shape, no cuts or holes)
Or if you know where I can go to order them. I need them to be like factory. :confused:

ProfChaos
03-05-2006, 02:25 PM
You might look into having the seats re-upholstered by a professional in car interioirs. I say this because, in my experience, the quality of OEM leather for US domestic automobiles tends to be lousy, even on higher-end cars like Corvettes and Mustang Cobras. (When I replace the leather in my '96 Cobra, it won't be with OEM replacement leather, because I am concerned that it will just begin to crack again in a few years.)

By going to a professional in automotive interiors, you might actually find that you can get higher-quality leather for less money than you might have paid for OEM replacement leather. And, if that is not the case, they will likely at least be able to order OEM replacement leather.

cheers,
--Professor Chaos

ProfChaos
03-05-2006, 02:46 PM
The company at the following URL has full sets of Mustang OEM replacement leather:

http://www.auto-interior.com/leathercover56.htm#coupe

good luck in your search

--Professor Chaos