PDA

View Full Version : I am so freaked!

cobrabitn
02-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Thinking everything on my 1994 Cobra was hopeless because I was no where near the 300 rwhp mark that I wanted for my car. I went to the dyno last night at 7:00 p.m. to meet Dan from Pro-Dyno ( www.pro-dyno.net )to see what my new mods had done to my car. My first trip to the dyno in 2004 netted me 225 rwhp and 265 ft lbs of torque. That's about what you would expect from a stock 94 Cobra with an Off road pipe on it as the only modification to the car.

I added a MAC CAI, MAC Headers, and a MAC Catback to the car thinking that would net me at least another 10 at the rear wheels. That was a joke because the minute I got on the dyno, the af reading was off the chart with hitting a 15.6 to 16.0 reading. Dan shut the car down and said I needed a chip. I asked him where I could get one and he replied...I have a supply of them. I told him what are you waiting on? Put the freaking chip in it! I then told him of my concern for the MAF sensor...Dan went and removed the sensor, cleaned it, and reinstalled it. He removed the stock computer, cleaned it, and installed the chip after he set the parameters.

It was a rewarding experience as I got 244 rwhp with 271 ft lbs of torque. I thought that was pretty good but I wanted to know if we could get more. By him adding fuel and timing, we got bumped to 245 rwhp and 290 ft lbs of torque. Giving it a third shot of adjustment netted me 250 rwhp and 303 ft lbs of torque. I was freaked! I never thought my 94 Cobra (Aptly named "Pokey" would respond so well). After getting the cooling fans to come on sooner and removing the "shift retards" from the transmission, it was like a totally different car.

From the stock dyno test, my car netted 25 rwhp and 38 ft lbs of torque. To say I was shocked is an understatement! I highly recommend anyone with a stock 94/95 Cobra to get an SCT chip installed and have the car tuned for maximum performance. It will make it feel like a totally different car!

Check out the graphs and letter below:

Graph 1 - Stock dyno with O/R pipe
Graph 2 - O/R pipe, CAI, and Catback
Graph 3 - Peak hp graph with SCT chip and tuning

I was so happy that I copied my e-mail to dan below! Thanks Dan for time well spent! :thumbsup:

Copy of e-mail sent to Dan from Pro-Dyno:

Dan,

I wanted to personally thank you today for everything you did to my car. I had really given up on it, thinking it wasn't going to respond to much of anything.

It feels like a totally different car tonight and I just love that extra grunt on take off. This is really exciting for me...I never thought my 94 would be anything more then Pokey!

Thanks a million!

Tony Sorrentino
mrmach@cetlink.net
SVT Cobra Mustang Club
www.SVTCobraClub.com
SCMC Hotline: (803) 371-0725

03slidewayzSVT
02-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Tony, car sounded good and Dan is the man!!! sound good going down the road too... Just got home a few minute's ago down with Dan and Rob... Their good guys... :thumbsup:

Ram77mus
02-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Well, I am glad you are happy with the tune. I hope you had a great time with us, as it was great having you out there with us. See you soon , thanks again!:thumbsup:

Ram77mus
02-25-2006, 02:42 AM
Tony, car sounded good and Dan is the man!!! sound good going down the road too... Just got home a few minute's ago down with Dan and Rob... Their good guys... :thumbsup:Get some miles on that clutch of yours, that way we can make some nice numbers for ya!:cool:

03slidewayzSVT
02-25-2006, 02:48 AM
ya I will just sucks driving like a granny but got do it!!!! hopefully I drive alot this weekend so it will be readly to tune on monday:thumbsup:

Pro-Dyno
02-25-2006, 03:07 AM
Tony,

Thank you for allowing me to tune your Cobra I am very Happy it turned out exceeding what you expected if you need any thing at all please do not hesitate to let me know <O:p</O:p

Thanks <O:p</O:p

Dan:thumbsup: <O:p</O:p

Thinking everything on my 1994 Cobra was hopeless because I was no where near the 300 rwhp mark that I wanted for my car. I went to the dyno last night at 7:00 p.m. to meet Dan from Pro-Dyno ( www.pro-dyno.net (http://www.pro-dyno.net/) )to see what my new mods had done to my car. My first trip to the dyno in 2004 netted me 225 rwhp and 265 ft lbs of torque. That's about what you would expect from a stock 94 Cobra with an Off road pipe on it as the only modification to the car.

I added a MAC CAI, MAC Headers, and a MAC Catback to the car thinking that would net me at least another 10 at the rear wheels. That was a joke because the minute I got on the dyno, the af reading was off the chart with hitting a 15.6 to 16.0 reading. Dan shut the car down and said I needed a chip. I asked him where I could get one and he replied...I have a supply of them. I told him what are you waiting on? Put the freaking chip in it! I then told him of my concern for the MAF sensor...Dan went and removed the sensor, cleaned it, and reinstalled it. He removed the stock computer, cleaned it, and installed the chip after he set the parameters.

It was a rewarding experience as I got 244 rwhp with 271 ft lbs of torque. I thought that was pretty good but I wanted to know if we could get more. By him adding fuel and timing, we got bumped to 245 rwhp and 290 ft lbs of torque. Giving it a third shot of adjustment netted me 250 rwhp and 303 ft lbs of torque. I was freaked! I never thought my 94 Cobra (Aptly named "Pokey" would respond so well). After getting the cooling fans to come on sooner and removing the "shift retards" from the transmission, it was like a totally different car.

From the stock dyno test, my car netted 25 rwhp and 38 ft lbs of torque. To say I was shocked is an understatement! I highly recommend anyone with a stock 94/95 Cobra to get an SCT chip installed and have the car tuned for maximum performance. It will make it feel like a totally different car!

I was so happy that I copied my e-mail to dan below! Thanks Dan for time well spent! :thumbsup:

Dan,

I wanted to personally thank you today for everything you did to my car. I had really given up on it, thinking it wasn't going to respond to much of anything.

It feels like a totally different car tonight and I just love that extra grunt on take off. This is really exciting for me...I never thought my 94 would be anything more then Pokey!

Thanks a million!

Tony Sorrentino
mrmach@cetlink.net
SVT Cobra Mustang Club
www.SVTCobraClub.com (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/)

Pro-Dyno
02-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Tony,

Thank you for allowing me to tune your Cobra I am very Happy it turned out exceeding what you expected if you need any thing at all please do not hesitate to let me know <O:p></O:p>

Thanks <O:p></O:p>

Dan:thumbsup: <O:p</O:p

Thinking everything on my 1994 Cobra was hopeless because I was no where near the 300 rwhp mark that I wanted for my car. I went to the dyno last night at 7:00 p.m. to meet Dan from Pro-Dyno ( www.pro-dyno.net (http://www.pro-dyno.net/) )to see what my new mods had done to my car. My first trip to the dyno in 2004 netted me 225 rwhp and 265 ft lbs of torque. That's about what you would expect from a stock 94 Cobra with an Off road pipe on it as the only modification to the car.

Dan,

Thanks a million!

Tony Sorrentino
mrmach@cetlink.net
SVT Cobra Mustang Club
www.SVTCobraClub.com (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/)

cobrapace94
02-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Congrats Tony, the 94\95 Cobras do respond to bolt ons pretty good. Glad you are happy. Those were about the same numbers I got before the supercharger, 255 rwhp without a chip. There is power in these 5.0's.