PDA

View Full Version : pulley question?

spincobra03
02-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Im getting a 4lb lower pulley installed just not sure which brand and what a resonable price is for one. Any suggestions ?? also what is the time of labor it takes to install for a good mechanic?

blk04cobra1
02-26-2006, 09:47 PM
lower pullies are little tricky...i'd look to be charged in the neighborhood of $100 for the install....I would go with the LFP quick change, shoot me a PM for pricing and i'll get you one...good choice on the 4lb lower, now couple it with a 2.93 upper and she'll be a beast :thumbsup:

spincobra03
02-26-2006, 10:01 PM
I have thought about an upper but I was told from the guys at pro dyno(who have been awsome..HIGHLY recommended) that the 4lb would be good enough because of how rich my car ran on the dyno. Either way since I know very little about cars, im gonna take my mods slow and cautious. I appreciate your respnce only I dont know what PM stands for...(sad I know) I assume it mean personal something, either way theres a good custom auto part store near me where I know i can get anything, I just need to know how much they go for and whats a good brand, although I do thankyou blkcobra.

Big T
02-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Metco has a good lower pulley system. Also you may need an alternator pulley with it. Most mustang websites will sell them: Amazon racing, billetflow, rpm outlet. Metco $350, Alt $60. You can do the install yourself if you have jack stands.

InfamousSVT
02-26-2006, 10:43 PM
I have thought about an upper but I was told from the guys at pro dyno(who have been awsome..HIGHLY recommended) that the 4lb would be good enough because of how rich my car ran on the dyno. Either way since I know very little about cars, im gonna take my mods slow and cautious. I appreciate your respnce only I dont know what PM stands for...(sad I know) I assume it mean personal something, either way theres a good custom auto part store near me where I know i can get anything, I just need to know how much they go for and whats a good brand, although I do thankyou blkcobra.
PM.........Private Message (top right of your screen if you have the option turned on in your user settings)

If you get a lower I recommend the LFP, it's cheaper than the Metco and the exact same thing. Also don't forget the alternator pulley to compensate for the lower crank pulley change like mentioned above. :thumbsup: