PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Inpections ?'s

BlueOvalPower
02-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I just moved to Montgomery Co. actually City of Magnolia from FL I was wondering what I should expect as in the State Inspections, I have a pulley swap, cat back, CAI and a tune, I swapped the original catted H-pipe back in, the wifes Mustang is completely stock so I am okay with that I hope, is there anything I should do so there isn't a glitch with getting the Cobra registered thanks

Robert

S/C STANG
02-27-2006, 03:05 PM
you shoulb be ok, here in texas they do visual inspections and some places dont even get down under the car to check for cats. The other part is they do the ignition test and as long all your SES light is off you should be ok. I was like you thinking the same but I'm running dumps, but I got my sticker w/o any trouble....good luck

dewone
02-28-2006, 09:52 AM
When I lived in Katy they did a pipe test on my vechicles. Things change with the OBD-II there probally won't be, like S/C Stang noted.

BlueOvalPower
02-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Cool thanks guys I just didn't want to get all sorts of "infractions" and basically have the car "marked" for every time I have to have it done they go over it with a fine tooth comb. Thanks

Robert

97CasperCobra
03-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Welcome to Texas Robert!!!

Check out the South Central forum to find out what's going on in the local scene. :thumbsup:

BlueOvalPower
03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Welcome to Texas Robert!!!

Check out the South Central forum to find out what's going on in the local scene. :thumbsup:
Hey Casper thanks I have been reading through looks like you all do a lot. Thats great!

Well I was pretty nervous I still had the tune in forgot the rear O2's were off etc. and it passed for all that matters I probably could have kept the O/R X-pipe in that wasn't anything like FL used to be. Thanks again

Robert