PDA

View Full Version : GIMP sticker

Mrs TwiceBitten
03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Can someone please slap a "GIMPED" sticker on my sig...over the Cobra R? More later...

Blownsvtlightning
03-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Can someone please slap a "GIMPED" sticker on my sig...over the Cobra R? More later...

:eek: Hope it's not gimped too badly???????

Mrs TwiceBitten
03-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Bad enough to come home on a trailer...(thank you Carl!)...see if I let "someone else" drive her again at a track event. :p We'll know in a bit how bad it is. Hopefully just an oil line. SPLAT! I guess she was just jealous of her new stable mate and decided she'd take her ball and go home. :baby:

Blownsvtlightning
03-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Bad enough to come home on a trailer...(thank you Carl!)...see if I let "someone else" drive her again at a track event. :p We'll know in a bit how bad it is. Hopefully just an oil line. SPLAT! I guess she was just jealous of her new stable mate and decided she'd take her ball and go home. :baby:

Well that is the good thing about machines... they can almost always be repaired

93KingCobra
03-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear that hope all is well.....

cobrapace94
03-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Suxs to hear that. Hope it is something simple, easy & cheap to fix.

Firme
03-05-2006, 09:28 PM
There you go Rachel :D

let me know if you want it switched back :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
JUST when I wash her and get her all clean. Put it this way.....when you wipe the front Brembos.....NO brake dust comes off..... :(

Does John do landscape work on the bottom of a Cobra R??? :p

Andy M
03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
So, Larry... inquiring minds want to know?... Did you go mowing down some TWS landscaping???? hmmmmmm??? :rolleyes: ;)

jimmysidecarr
03-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Uh Oh...

Glad nobody got hurt...
Let me know if I can help..
Sorry to hear about that... :(
The weather was soooo nice it's too bad you had a "mechanical failure/incident?"

We like to push hard but we have to remember sometimes... it's not a competition... it's just for fun....

I know that may be a little tough to swallow......... coming from me :rolleyes: and it may not apply in this situation...

97CasperCobra
03-05-2006, 11:33 PM
The weather was soooo nice it's too bad you had a "mechanical failure/incident?"

yea...too bad he HAD to drive the Ford GT the rest of the weekend.....what a bummer!!! :p

I think the R is becoming "Christine".....Friday Larry told me to wax the GT...when asked about the R, his response was, "Screw the R". I wonder who got the last laugh???

Cobra R-1
Larry-0

jimmysidecarr
03-06-2006, 12:00 AM
yea...too bad he HAD to drive the Ford GT the rest of the weekend.....what a bummer!!! :p

I think the R is becoming "Christine".....Friday Larry told me to wax the GT...when asked about the R, his response was, "Screw the R". I wonder who got the last laugh???

Cobra R-1
Larry-0

RUT ROH!!!

Could that be construed as ...............

bad... carma???

(kar·ma ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kärm)
n.
Hinduism & Buddhism. The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.
Fate; destiny.
Informal. A distinctive aura, atmosphere, or feeling: There's bad karma around the house today. )

;)

Twice Bitten
03-06-2006, 12:45 AM
OK, I was going into lap number 2, came in to high on turn one and hit the transition hard and at a bad angle :( . We hear a nasty scrape, then smoke starts to come inside the car :eek: , instructor and I look at each other and thinking this can't be good. While this is going on, I had let off the gas and let the turn slow me down, then the oil spray hit the rear tires :eek: :eek: :eek: , it felt like I was on ice. Somewhat got control of the car and took it off track with no power because I turned the key off :thumbsup: . Rolled to a stop in the dry grass with oil everywhere, instructor says to start car and head towards track past rumble strip of turn 2, where grass is green (he did not want to start a grass fire and burn the car up) and out of the way of corning cars on an oiley turn one :eek: I did not find the leak, but I am pretty sure it is the oil cooler line or one of the fittings to it.

The R is covered with a film of moter oil and little pieces of dried grass and dust mixed the oil :thumbdwn: it is down right filthy :eek: , but it is in one piece and I doubt that there was any engine damage, since it was shut down so quickly.

After thinking about what has happened, I realize that I have learned a few things at these track events :D . The irony of this is that I was running late to my run group because Carl and I were discussing an incident that had just happened to him earlier when a porsche had dropped fluid on the track between turns 7 and 8 and made the track unsafe. 30 minutes later I drop oil on the track :thumbdwn: I did hurt my pride though :rotf:

jimmysidecarr
03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
That sounds like it's not too bad...
That transition is pretty rough!!! Glad you got off in one piece! Is it at the house? Give me a call if yiu want help with it.