PDA

View Full Version : Neighborhood Resident Succumbs to Wilbur

Mr. Ed
03-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Is there anyone else out there besides me responsible for causing a neighborhood resident to sell their home and move elsewhere? Well, I found out yesterday that I was largely responsible for causing the family across the street to move. I greeted our mailman, postman, letter carrier or whatever politically correct name they have these days in my yard yesterday. He likes to talk about cars and has always been fascinated with Wilbur. One thing led to another when he began telling me how the "lady" across the street had complained to him that they were moving out because the neighborhood was falling apart(NOT TRUE) and "the guy across the street runs his leaf-blower at 10pm to dry off his "Mustang".:eek: Mustang? I don't own a Mustang! Me owning a Mustang was her first sign of her ignorance in my brain. Secondly, she obviously doesn't know much about detailing COBRAs! Tony, you indirectly share some of the blame here because I learned this detailing "trick" from you.:D Yes, I am "guilty as charged" for operating my leaf-blower in my garage or driveway on nights before SCMC car shows and other times during daylight hours(while her kids were taking their nap) when Wilbur needed a bath. Needless to say, I was quite surprised and angered to hear this from the postman! But, thinking back on an incident 6 months or so ago when my wife Carole had a medical emergency and needed to go to the hospital immediately and was turned down by this "neighbor" BECAUSE HER KIDS WERE TAKING THEIR AFTERNOON NAP!:eek: It's times like these when you learn who your "real neighbors" are! I also live perhaps 2 blocks from the hospital. I had Carole's car(daily-driver, auto-transmission) at work in Charlotte. Carole can't drive Wilbur. He has "too many pedals on the floor". Never learned how. Refuses to learn.:doubt: Aside from that, Wilbur gives her "white knuckles" she says.:eek: Soooo, to them I say GOOD RIDDANCE!:thumbsup: :moon: :flush: ;)

Cobra4me
03-06-2006, 01:07 AM
hopefully your next neighbor will be more tolerant and best case a "car guy"" I guess wishful thinking. My neighbors don't mind me washing my car but I do get tired with the comment "you can get started on mine next" good luck ED

ausie
03-06-2006, 07:20 AM
I guess I have good neighbors since they do not complain at all about my car and it's temperment when it comes to silence. I have however told one of my neighbors to bring his car over and I will wash it for them. So far I have not gotten any complaints from the gas powered pressure washer (damn thing works great).

In the case of your neighbors, they would not be happy regardless of where they are. It is not your fault that they are miserable.

beerkat
03-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Sounds like the lady just like to ***** about life. I am guessing that she is not a happy person. Since when does complaining to the letter carrier help anything. Maybe she thought that since he work for the government that he would take it to the President.:eek:

Not sure if postal workers are technically government employees or not since they are not paid from our taxes.

nckissfan
03-06-2006, 10:14 AM
:rotf: you'll be better off without her. Tony's next I guess. With the 94 thundering up every day:rotf: , his neighbors are bound to run away, too.

tazzracing1
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I've been lucky so far my neighbors just want a ride sometime. I will say at my old house Mrs B. 83yrs old loved the cobras but did say to me they where a little loud and that was ok because she knew when I was homme and felt safer.