PDA

View Full Version : Lisa or ToNY ??

97whitevert
03-06-2006, 06:45 PM
post your vote--

Lisa will pass ToNY in her STOCK 86 SVO (2.3 w/turbo)!
Tony will not give her a point by!
There is NO possible way that lisa can pass Tony!

this will be at CMP this weekend. nice, technical, road course. :D :D

tazzracing1
03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
if Lisa does the boost mod she might give him a run for the money

RF Cobra
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Since the 94 has some mods I don't think it will happen with it stock. If you up the boost to 18 psi you might be able to and it would probably come down to who is the better driver in the curves.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hazman
03-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I think she will but that is not one of the voting options?!?!?!:crazy: Should the first voting option be lisa will pass ToNY in the STOCK 86 SVO (2.3 w/turbo) ?? :spoke: Is Lisa an English teacher??:doubt: Maybe this was a Freudian slip on Lisa's part. :rolleyes: Maybe down deep she has confidence issues and doubts her own ability to pass Tony?:dizzy: Maybe that is why she did not give us the option to vote that she will pass Tony?? :crazy:

And in keeping with the hijacking tradition on our forums has anyone ever noticed how much Tony looks like Danny DeVito the shyster carsalesman in Matilda?:eek: Now if we could just get him one of those cute little pork pie straw hats!!:rotf:

97whitevert
03-06-2006, 09:13 PM
point taken rick-- it is or was it a couple of large glasses of wine.... :cool:

97whitevert
03-06-2006, 09:16 PM
And in keeping with the hijacking tradition on our forums has anyone ever noticed how much Tony looks like Danny DeVito the shyster carsalesman in Matilda?:eek: Now if we could just get him one of those cute little pork pie straw hats!!:rotf:

ROTFLMBFAO!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
03-06-2006, 09:40 PM
If you car is stock, which I doubt it is, you are minced meat! :D Even if your car is faster, you have a lot less seat time and that makes a big difference. So therefore I vote, NO! Lisa will not pass Tony as she is skeered! :rotf:

97whitevert
03-06-2006, 09:53 PM
blah blah blah..... :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW stock up do i need to go take a pic right now???? i think i will!!!! :thumbsup:

97whitevert
03-06-2006, 10:07 PM
ok heres a pic of the TRUELY BONE STOCK 2.3

97whitevert
03-06-2006, 10:09 PM
kinda small ok try again..

97whitevert
03-06-2006, 10:12 PM
and another.... so... is it stock or no???? :rolleyes:

cobrabitn
03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't know if it is stock or not, I usually look at engine compartments that have twice as many cylinders as the one you are showing me. :rotf:

Red Wedge
03-08-2006, 08:28 AM
How many straight-a-ways are there on this course and how long are they, if any? Tony will obviously have the power advantage if this is a for sure stock SVO. However, sometimes power con work against you if it isn't managed correctly. Does either car have any brake mods? If both are stock, I'd have to go with ole Danny Devito since the brakes on the Cobra are better and won't fade as quickly as the SVO. Never can tell though, I've seen mini coopers give more expensive Mercedes a tough time.

cobrabitn
03-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Red,

Check my signature for mods and I'll be on track tires, not street tires. :thumbsup:

Red Wedge
03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Tony- Nice list of mods you've got there, can for sure see the handling improvements you've made. I think it's gonna be tough for Lisa to pass "Sizzler", how many car lengths is he gonna give you Lisa?:D

nckissfan
03-09-2006, 04:21 PM
no offense Lisa, but I think Tony might have ya here. But, we will see. :D

flynfink
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
:eek:
After Lisa's performance at AutoFair last fall, Me thinks she needs more seat time... :eek:

SIUNARA
03-09-2006, 07:24 PM
After Tony's performance last year at CMP I think Lisa just needs a little more car. It doesn't take much to take Tony down on pure driving ability. He looks like an 80 year old grandma hugging the wheel not giving point-by's. ;) :D

Hope everyone has a blast this weekend!!

johnbasf
03-09-2006, 08:00 PM
He looks like an 80 year old grandma hugging the wheel not giving point-by's. ;) :D

Hope everyone has a blast this weekend!!

:rotf: :rotf:

nckissfan
03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
ouch, that was low:rotf:

cobrabitn
03-09-2006, 09:38 PM
He's just lucky he's not coming and besides he thought so much of that Bimmer that he sold it.. :rotf: I, on the other hand, still have my 94 Cobra and will still be on the track this weekend.

Oh well, whatever! I'll be on the track this weekend and Don won't. Those are the facts and they can't be disputed! :thumbsup:

nckissfan
03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
and, it's going to be a nice 80 degrees here. :thumbsup:

SIUNARA
03-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Actually, I thought so much of my newborn son that I was willing to sacrifice one of my dream car's to provide he and his mom with a nice, new, and safe SUV.

Confusious says..."Some are satisfied to just BE on track...while other's strive to be GOOD on track". Too bad you are not the latter Tony.

And again you stand corrected, as I will be on track this weekend. :p

It will be 85 where I'm going...

cobrabitn
03-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Actually Don, I do try to be good on track so you stand corrected. That's why I try to go to every track event I can with the club. ;)

In all seriousness though, I think what you did with selling your dream car was very thoughtful of you. It's great to have a parent that sacrifices his own wants/needs for the safety of others who are close to him. :thumbsup:

You may be on track this weekend but it won't be at CMP and that is what I was referring to! :D

Craig, I would get the loaner if you can because you are going to miss out on a ton of track time and who knows, you might just have a good time. :p

SIUNARA
03-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Tony,

Good luck making short work of the SVO, I'm sure it won't be an issue, even with you driving like a grandma. ;) If you end up missing the M3 that much I may be able to arrange having the new owner come out to spank you on track in the future. ;)

It is amazing how priorities change once you have a kid. It's sooo worth it though. :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a great time this weekend! Don't forget your brake cooling...with 80 degree temps you guys are bound to cook some brakes in a hurry!! :D

Flagman
03-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Well.....from my experience I think an experienced driver in a well-tuned and sorted SVO might have a chance. Sorry, Lisa! Hey, you're gonna have FUN anyway!!! ;)

InfamousSVT
03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
:eek:
After Lisa's performance at AutoFair last fall, Me thinks she needs more seat time... :eek:
:rotf: :rotf:

I vote Tony for the win, plus he's reckless so Lisa will be scared to pass :D

RF Cobra
03-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Looking at the pros and cons for Lisa:

Pros:

Weight advantage (Lisa vs Tony), Tony's driving the other car

Cons:

Less hp, less torque, turbo lag

Sorry, I don't think you can overcome the cons even with those advantages especially after owning an 87 Turbocoupe. You'll still have plenty of fun with it though.

97whitevert
03-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Tony- Nice list of mods you've got there, can for sure see the handling improvements you've made. I think it's gonna be tough for Lisa to pass "Sizzler", how many car lengths is he gonna give you Lisa?:D
doesn't matter now does it :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

97whitevert
03-10-2006, 07:43 AM
How many straight-a-ways are there on this course and how long are they, if any? Tony will obviously have the power advantage if this is a for sure stock SVO. However, sometimes power con work against you if it isn't managed correctly. Does either car have any brake mods? If both are stock, I'd have to go with ole Danny Devito since the brakes on the Cobra are better and won't fade as quickly as the SVO. Never can tell though, I've seen mini coopers give more expensive Mercedes a tough time.
Brake modification :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

97whitevert
03-10-2006, 07:45 AM
After Tony's performance last year at CMP I think Lisa just needs a little more car. It doesn't take much to take Tony down on pure driving ability. He looks like an 80 year old grandma hugging the wheel not giving point-by's. ;) :D

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: true dat!!! Don!!
we'll miss you this year!!! :(

97whitevert
03-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Tony,

Good luck making short work of the SVO, I'm sure it won't be an issue, even with you driving like a grandma. ;) If you end up missing the M3 that much I may be able to arrange having the new owner come out to spank you on track in the future. ;)

It is amazing how priorities change once you have a kid. It's sooo worth it though. :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a great time this weekend! Don't forget your brake cooling...with 80 degree temps you guys are bound to cook some brakes in a hurry!! :D
Oh and Don-- Congrats to you and Janine!!!! when do I get to see a picture???

cobrabitn
03-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Lisa,

I went ahead and fixed your poll for you....

:rotf:

97whitevert
03-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Lisa,

I went ahead and fixed your poll for you....

:rotf:
thanks toni..... you always take good care of me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

such a gooood husband you are.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

johnbasf
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I would like to see Tony run in group 3 sometime. ;)

cobrabitn
03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Group 3...hmm????? Well, first of all I am not near as experienced as say Bobby Byrd or even Pete Calvert but I will say this and this was brought up during the event by a fellow member. (Name withheld to protect the innocent). They wanted to know why we can't all run in the same group? We did this at Gingerman with the AC Cobra club and they had a blast! They all ran in the same group so looking at our schedule, we should have had the following in group 2 or 3, however you want to name it.

NO 5 OH
03-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Well dang... how did I miss a thread like this especially since it mentions one of my all time fav fox bodies :D

I would say the outcome has already been decided... but since I don't know what it was I'll give my thoughts here...

At the horsepower/torque the 94 puts down... my own 86 SVO once upon a long time ago did almost the exact same numbers with enough boost, a cold air kit and some race gas ;) However since Lisa's car is "stock" she would have been at a dissadvantage on power... and I dunno if she could have made it up in the "driver mod" or not (no offense Lisa).

I will go on to say that IF she had the motor that's sitting in my basement in her SVO Tony would have been looking at the "funny bi-wing spoilers" all day long and try as he might... a possible "wave by" wouldn't have happened :rotf: :rotf:

All in good fun people... it is the internet ya know :thumbsup:

Shannon

johnbasf
03-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Group 3...hmm????? Well, first of all I am not near as experienced as say Bobby Byrd or even Pete Calvert but I will say this and this was brought up during the event by a fellow member. (Name withheld to protect the innocent). They wanted to know why we can't all run in the same group? We did this at Gingerman with the AC Cobra club and they had a blast! They all ran in the same group so looking at our schedule, we should have had the following in group 2 or 3, however you want to name it.

You can do whatever you want next year Tony!!!!

Yeller'
03-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Since my instructor signed me off to go solo Sunday morning, does that mean next year I'm in group 3 so I can finally put the spankin' on Tony? :p

SIUNARA
03-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Are you guys talking about putting group 2 and 3 together?

I would caution against letting people that have been recently soloed into group 3. Group 3 has traditionally been reserved for advanced driver's and in my opinion, just because someone was signed off to go solo does not mean they are ready to handle the increased speeds and less limited passing rules. The only groupings I've ever seen were group 1 and 2 together and group 3 and 4 together. Never 1 or 2 with 3 or 4. There is just too much of a jump in my opinion. Bobby Byrd has a competition license and has racing experience...putting a recently soloed student with someone like him is NOT a good idea. There are good reasons for the 3 different groups...because there are beginner, intermediate, and advanced driver's...and each should have their own playing field.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hey Tony,

If you'd like the opportunity to try to take me down in an identically prepared car, I'll be at CMP with NASA the first weekend in May. No blaming anything on the German engineers this time around...just pure driving ability. ;) :D

nckissfan
03-14-2006, 05:58 PM
sounds like a challenge?:rotf:

cobrabitn
03-14-2006, 08:48 PM
I will say that Lisa did very good on the track this weekend and she certainly gets an A++ for effort. :thumbsup: This is the first time she actually got to do this event without having to have to help in some capacity.

Sorry Don, you blew your chance to be on track with me at CMP this year unless you plan on going to Gingerman in September? You'll have to wait till next March to get back on the track with me. My schedule is such that basically every weekend is booked whether it is doing club events or stuff at the house that needs to get done. Have fun in May! :)