PDA

View Full Version : To sell or not to sell....

Shinytrinkets
03-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I have a 99 Cobra convertable, which I love to death. I haven't owned many cars but she by far is my favorite. A good friend of my just bouught a newer car and I've started to get the itch. I've been drooling over to 03's and 04's for a while now and I am seriously thinking about buying one. However, being a little ol' PFC in the army doesn't pay much. I need a few opinions really. Should I stick with my girl or look for a new one? Fury currently has over 85000 miles on it which makes me a little hesitant to put any modifications on it, not only does it have high miles it's a convertable. Being a convertable they won't let me on a track without a roll bar or a role cage...which can be fixed eventually. And if I stick with Fury where the hell should I start with the mods? I really appreciate any advice you guys can offer. Thanks in advance.
-Trink

tazzracing1
03-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I know that is a hard choice, I modded my 97 and then traded it on the 03 I have now. The power difference is amazing and was worth it to me. I know how the pay in the military is, I spent 12 yrs in the army myself and got out do to my son. I wouldn't buy another car because my friend did. I know the itch is hard to deal with. I would do it if you can afford the car and insurance. But make sure you research everything first. 1 thing on 03-04's make sure to listen for the tick you will not miss the sound it stands out like a sore thumb and try and find one that has not been modded if possible. The less mods the better. I also want to say THANK YOU for Serving our country.:flag:

Stavesacre21
03-08-2006, 03:25 AM
Just as tazz mentioned, it's really a matter of yur preference. Your miles are definetely in safe range to do some mods, especially with the 4.6's history of its strong block.

However, if power is truely your deal, you might as well plan on sellin. I am very content with my Cobra for now because i'm not after a supercar, out there to competitively trackrace the car, or beat out every car on the road. I love the Cobra just for being a Cobra and having some power to her name. However, if you also plan on track racing quite a bit, you'll find MANY less complications to just getting a hardtop car. Rollbars are always an option, but after you get the rollbar and make enough power to rival an 03/04, yur gonna be looking at some serious money...maybe not as much as the price of an 03/04, but an 03/04 would give you a new baseline to work from.

As I mentioned, it all depends on what you plan on doing with your car, and exactly HOW much more you seem to like those 04's.

QuickSilver
03-08-2006, 01:06 PM
It is a hard choise to make when you been with that car for a long time but you can look at it like this sence the SVT Team is now gone for good and you have the money Then get the car. I dont know if the end of SVT will make the value of the SVT cars (trucks) go up or not but it is something to ponder on. :thumbsup:

Jason :starwars:

MODS:
SUMITOMO 265/35/ZR-18
18" CHROME STEEDA ULTRA LIGHT RIMS:thumbsup:
BORLA CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM FROM STEEDA:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
STEEDA BILLET BULLET DOOR LOCK BUTTONS
STEEDA RACING LUG NUTS
STEEDA BILLET SHIFTER BEZEL W/ NAME
MGW 3-D COBRA SHIFT KNOB
BAER ERADISPEED VENTED CROSSED-DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS:thumbsup:
20% BLACK TINTED WINDOWS
BASSANI OFF ROAD X-PIPE W/ NO CAT`S:thumbsup: