PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Mustang Coupe used parts…

scootro
03-08-2006, 11:46 PM
I need some help from you all. Ok here is the scenario my buddy has a 69’ mustang coupe typical 289 automatic trans. He has been using this car as his daily driver and now his front end is shot (THE CAR IS IN DECENT SHAPE). Only reason his been driving it cause he had to trade in his good car for a family vehicle cause of the new baby they just had and money is tight right now. So I promised to help him rebuild his front end.

Here is what I’m looking for and ON the cheap side, too..$$

Tie rods

Ball joints

Idler arm

power steering gear box or a power steering pump(might be a cheaper fix)

Anyone have any good links on the net of salvage yards or know of cheap or used parts. I’ve done some searching on eBay and other places, but nothing that I could find.

Thanks in advance

Scoot.

cobrabitn
03-08-2006, 11:54 PM
All of those parts you listed are for suspension and steering related parts. Don't compromise your buddy's safety with used front end parts. You can get them new at many automotive stores or Mustang aftermarket stores. There's nothing worse then a classic Mustang with a front end that drifts!

On a side note, I do have some 1969 Mach 1 parts if he has something else he is looking for?? :thumbsup:

scootro
03-09-2006, 12:32 AM
All of those parts you listed are for suspension and steering related parts. Don't compromise your buddy's safety with used front end parts. You can get them new at many automotive stores or Mustang aftermarket stores. There's nothing worse then a classic Mustang with a front end that drifts!

On a side note, I do have some 1969 Mach 1 parts if he has something else he is looking for?? :thumbsup:thank you for the help. i hear ya about the safety of the car.. only body riding in that car is his. so were going to fix it the best we can before his money runs out