PDA

View Full Version : Ford SVT is gone....

03 cobra toy
03-09-2006, 06:14 PM
:(

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/automotive/orl-nuts0206mar02,0,5611100.story?coll=orl-automotive-headlines

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Columns/articleId=109512

97CasperCobra
03-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Sucks...guess we all have a piece of history now. :(

Levi
03-09-2006, 07:04 PM
:( :mad: :crazy: :scratch: :confused: :twitchy: :bawling:

Larry called me the other night and said he called SVT looking for parts for the R and heard it from the horse’s mouth.

grasshopper
03-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Can I request all Cobra/SVT parade laps at CMP in memory of SVT?

Let's figure out a way for the SCMC to evolve with this unfortunate end...
unless... is there a way to resurrect it?

Firme
03-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Ford has done it again. The things that get the momentum going at Ford are quickly tore down by the bean counter with the old "We could make more money off this if we...."

No regard for what got them there :mad: :(

jimmysidecarr
03-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Pretty sad... but I've been through this before... The Muscle parts program got axed in 72 or there abouts...

Prior to that there was no program per se...

Yet we got...
supercharged 57 Thunderbirds
Ever increasing in potency FE big block engines...352, 390, 406, and then 427!!! Plugged into lightened Galaxies, straight axle A/FX Fairlanes and Mustangs, An SOHC so potent it was immediately banned by NASCAR(hello NHRA!!!) Lastly the 428 Cobra Jets snuck out mid year in 68(thank you Bob Tasca) and TORE IT UP!!!
The the 385 family had the BOSS 429, and the 429CJ and super CJ.
The tiny 221 V8 turned in to a stroker 260... which turned into a big bore(4") 289... the racing success of 289s is the stuff of legends!!! 1969 brought about the BOSS 302 which dominated the series it was designed to compete in.... Trans Am! The 351 windsor grew from this same basic design as the 289/302.

The legendary Cleveland grew from the Boss 302s(different block designs same basic heads)... and would require a chapter of their own!!!

Many of these engine are still highly competitive and enjoying widespread use!!!

The list goes on... yet no SVO no SVT...

Out-sourcing worked extremely well for Ford during those years... although plenty went on "INSIDE" as well!

Shelby, Hollman and Moody, Bill Strope, Mickey Thompson, Kar Kraft(Boss 429s) Bud Moore, Jack Roush, Bob Tasca ( http://428cobrajet.org/aq-0798.html )... and many many more...

When they want... when they feel it is needed to make a corporate statement... Ford has proven over and over that they can mop up the competition with a strategic release of some secret missile or two...

In the mean time it is up to us to continue the PPPD "post production product development".......lol :D
And to carry the SVT banner, and not just uphold the reputation... BUT MAGNIFY IT'S IMPACT!!!

A little piece of Ford's storied racing history is what we own!!! :fordflag:

Carry on troops... we will prevail

93KingCobra
03-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Pretty sad... but I've been through this before... The Muscle parts program got axed in 72 or there abouts...

Prior to that there was no program per se...

Yet we got...
supercharged 57 Thunderbirds
Ever increasing in potency FE big block engines...352, 390, 406, and then 427!!! Plugged into lightened Galaxies, straight axle A/FX Fairlanes and Mustangs, An SOHC so potent it was immediately banned by NASCAR(hello NHRA!!!) Lastly the 428 Cobra Jets snuck out mid year in 68(thank you Bob Tasca) and TORE IT UP!!!
The the 385 family had the BOSS 429, and the 429CJ and super CJ.
The tiny 221 V8 turned in to a stroker 260... which turned into a big bore(4") 289... the racing success of 289s is the stuff of legends!!! 1969 brought about the BOSS 302 which dominated the series it was designed to compete in.... Trans Am! The 351 windsor grew from this same basic design as the 289/302.

The legendary Cleveland grew from the Boss 302s(different block designs same basic heads)... and would require a chapter of their own!!!

Many of these engine are still highly competitive and enjoying widespread use!!!

The list goes on... yet no SVO no SVT...

Out-sourcing worked extremely well for Ford during those years... although plenty went on "INSIDE" as well!

Shelby, Hollman and Moody, Bill Strope, Mickey Thompson, Kar Kraft(Boss 429s) Bud Moore, Jack Roush, Bob Tasca ( http://428cobrajet.org/aq-0798.html )... and many many more...

When they want... when they feel it is needed to make a corporate statement... Ford has proven over and over that they can mop up the competition with a strategic release of some secret missile or two...

In the mean time it is up to us to continue the PPPD "post production product development".......lol :D
And to carry the SVT banner, and not just uphold the reputation... BUT MAGNIFY IT'S IMPACT!!!

A little piece of Ford's storied racing history is what we own!!! :fordflag:

Carry on troops... we will prevail

Well put Jimmy!!! We can always come to you for the info.. :thumbsup:

Steeda Snakes
03-11-2006, 12:00 AM
I blame Shelby! :D :D :D :D

blue92
03-12-2006, 02:43 AM
I blame Shelby! :D :D :D :D

Nah blame Volvo, Ford is becoming more and more Volvo every day, dull, boring, slow family sedans. :(

Codes
03-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Nah blame Volvo, Ford is becoming more and more Volvo every day, dull, boring, slow family sedans. :(I concur, while Chevy and Dodge just keep coming out with new products that imo are cool (anyone seen the new 300 hp SRT-4 replacement).

I have lost faith in Ford, I fear the Cobra is the last Ford product my family will ever purchase (unless they start coming out with some wicked cool stuff down the road).

ORANGE CRUSH
03-13-2006, 11:49 PM
:fordflag: Forever!

Big Daddy
03-14-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm thinking about the '08 Challenger if it's produced! A 426 Hemi N/A with 425 HP....sounds fun to me! :eek: :D

jimmysidecarr
03-14-2006, 10:19 AM

DITTO!!! :fordflag:

blue92
03-16-2006, 05:12 AM
I concur, while Chevy and Dodge just keep coming out with new products that imo are cool (anyone seen the new 300 hp SRT-4 replacement).

I have lost faith in Ford, I fear the Cobra is the last Ford product my family will ever purchase (unless they start coming out with some wicked cool stuff down the road).

I hear the great, great, grand daughter of Henry, Elena Ford has taken over Ford Marketing. She's said publicly she doesn't believe in performance cars and will move Ford away from building performance vehicles. I bet she's the executionier of the SVT.

Like a friend of mine said......."yea right Elena.......I'm sure you'll sell cars based on styling alone now". :thumbdwn: :confused:

John Chingasos
03-16-2006, 07:20 AM

I am with Stupid

Levi
03-16-2006, 10:28 AM
DITTO!!! :fordflag:
I am with Stupid

:thumbsup:

I hear the great, great, grand daughter of Henry, Elena Ford has taken over Ford Marketing. She's said publicly she doesn't believe in performance cars and will move Ford away from building performance vehicles. I bet she's the executionier of the SVT.

Like a friend of mine said......."yea right Elena.......I'm sure you'll sell cars based on styling alone now". :thumbdwn: :confused:

Hopefully the only changes will be that the vanity mirrors will get bigger. :rotf: