PDA

View Full Version : MSR Cresson/DFW April 22/23

blue92
03-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Okey dokey boys and girls....

anyone up for this NASA event? NASA MSR Cresson/DFW April 22/23 $250 (new 3.1 mile track) is the date to mark on your calendar for the next HPDE.

4 sessions each day, Saturday and Sunday.

After completeing one HPDE with NASA the next NASA event we can sign up for Time Trials and race against the clock against other cars in our class.

:bounce:

93KingCobra
03-14-2006, 07:09 PM
I think most of us will hang around are part of town that day..

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11600

aggie97
03-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Also NOT going to be the 3.1...just the old 1.7...

Still contemplating a return to AI...but have to finish fixing the car first...:(

Admiral
03-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Get her ready and kick some AI butt Matt! See you in a few weeks! ;)

blue92
03-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Also NOT going to be the 3.1...just the old 1.7...

Well they keep telling us the 3.1 mile course will be used for this event. :(

Admiral
03-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure who "they" are but our race group is being told that NASA TX has reserved the 1.7 for this event. One of the CMC racers is a member and runs with the SVT North Texas group - that's where I got my latest update.

NASA TX told us they would have to increase the cost to do the 3.1 circuit due to the added corner workers needed and the increased rental fee from MSR-Cresson. I saw a video of the 3.1 from the PCA group, didn't seem like it was ready and I certainly didn't see much to make me want to race on it - there was dirt all over the track surface from water runoff, tight corners and not many passing zones IMHO.

I'd rather do the 1.7 again for my $$, YMMV.

blue92
03-19-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure who "they" are but our race group is being told that NASA TX has reserved the 1.7 for this event. One of the CMC racers is a member and runs with the SVT North Texas group - that's where I got my latest update.

NASA TX told us they would have to increase the cost to do the 3.1 circuit due to the added corner workers needed and the increased rental fee from MSR-Cresson. I saw a video of the 3.1 from the PCA group, didn't seem like it was ready and I certainly didn't see much to make me want to race on it - there was dirt all over the track surface from water runoff, tight corners and not many passing zones IMHO.

I'd rather do the 1.7 again for my $$, YMMV.

Well I'm just the guy passing the word of the event, I myself don't really care for the 1.7 course at MSR, too many off-camber turns tends to tear my shić up. We just did TWS in Feb. I like their course much better. I have a freind that's a member of MSR Cresson and he says he's been driving the new track and really likes the additon to the track. :cool: