PDA

View Full Version : west oaks ford dont know a thing about cobras

PEGASUS
03-17-2006, 06:05 PM
my car began loosing power at high rpm's, it feels like its starving for fuel or she's bogging down. I only choose this ford location because they were closer plus I have a ford only credit card.
my check engine lite has been coming on and off lately ever since some cheep garage worked on my emitions. he told me the butterflies in my IMRC were sticking. so ever so often the computer reads it until the problem corrects itself after so many starts.
anyway I told the technican the same thing _that didn't think the current problem had anything to do with the check engine lite being on, he insisted that was problem.
so ford sticked me with $900.00 of parts and labor removing the manifold and replacing the runner control unit. the check engine lite disappeared.
they claimed it was ready until I drove it; and whattdoyah know! the car was still doing the same thing.man I was pissed.
took it back to them this morning, now they wanna check the fuel system. I argued with them about it for an hour that a driver knows his own car better than any stupid technican they have there. they called and said it was ready we'll see what happens. :)

kencobra
03-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Sure hope its fixed right this time. Goodluck!

msmap
03-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry about all that, Leon. Hope they get ya straightened out soon :)

97CasperCobra
03-17-2006, 09:29 PM
If it's the fuel system then you should NOT be charged for the work they did to your IMRCs. Consumer Reports just did the top 5 signs to look for in a shaddy mechanic and what you described is ONE OF THEM!!! Charging a person for something, it doens't work out then charging them for something totally different.

Make them eat the bill and dispute it on your credit card. :thumbsup:

PEGASUS
03-17-2006, 09:44 PM
If it's the fuel system then you should NOT be charged for the work they did to your IMRCs. Consumer Reports just did the top 5 signs to look for in a shaddy mechanic and what you described is ONE OF THEM!!! Charging a person for something, it doens't work out then charging them for something totally different.

Make them eat the bill and dispute it on your credit card. :thumbsup:
believe me when I say those buggers did call later to say that it was the fuel pump. its fine at regular idle, but it is having a hard time delevering high output of fuel. he statrted to say it was going to be $599.00 but I was waiting for him. I told him hell no; I wasn't paying this.

SuperG
03-20-2006, 09:02 AM
I bet it's something as simple as the fuel filter...Replace the fuel filter, then charge them $599!

Andy M
03-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Sounds like the fuel rail sensor to me.