PDA

View Full Version : Ambush Alley

Arch Angel
03-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Here are some pictures of us going through the Kieber Pass, a.k.a. "Ambush Alley." Alexander the Great took his army through here & the Hindu Kosh over 2300 years ago. The place is pretty scary. The roads go through mountains & there are times that the roads are only 5-6 feet across with a steep drop on one side & a steep slope on the other (it gets steeper as get get further in). Then there are times where both sides are steep 75-80 degrees up & you are in a funnel of death of you get ambushed. Any body that lingers in this area for more than 24 hours always gets ambushed. We moved through there as quickly & quietly as possible. The damn hairs on my neck were standing up. That was the first time I've been scared since I've been here. Not scared of dying, but scared of getting ****ed up & dismembered from an IED blast. In my mind, I was thinking, "As long as my vehicle wasn't the one that got hit by the IED, we would have a fighting chance once the barrage of RPG's & small arms start coming our way.... just as long as we don't get hit with that damn IED."

Luckily, we didn't make contact.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/2032/32406.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/2032/32407.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/128/2032/32405.jpg

It's especially not cool at night when you're driving around with night vision googles & are afraid of slipping off the 5 foot road & falling off the cliff & then the occassional falling rocks from above (by goats... we hope) doesn't help either. Now I know what R2D2 felt going through that Valley with Jawa's popping out of the blue & zapping him.

"RTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

97CasperCobra
03-21-2006, 01:22 AM
wow....great pics Nick and thanks for the text..helps see what's going on.

Really glad you guys made it through there....keep up the good fight and watch your 6 man. Make it back to the US soon man...I think we owe you a few beers. :thumbsup:

sbc.cobra
03-21-2006, 09:57 AM
that's nothing...i routinely jog up and down mountains w/ that kind of slope and terrain.

Levi
03-21-2006, 10:37 AM
After reading this and seeing the pics. I quickly got over the traffic problems I encountered this morning here in Houston.

When I played football in High School my Dad always said: Keep your head down, take care of your team and you will come home in one piece and victories.

:thumbsup: :cool:

Levi
03-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Just a note to our troops in harms way.

Karbala, Iraq - Thousands of Iraqi police are watching as Shiite pilgrims journey to Karbala.

Baghdad, Iraq - Civil war fears ring in Iraq at three-year anniversary of US-led invasion.

Vienna, Austria - Britain plans to call for new talks with Iran about its suspect nuclear program at Monday’s high-level diplomatic meeting outside the UN Security Council.

Some peeps just don't get it, even when the sits and sounds of 9-11 still ring in our ears.
Cleveland, OH - About 100 war protesters gathered Monday outside building where President Bush was giving speech about progress in Iraq.

I for one Support our USA Troops and THANK YOU for protecting us from harm.

Freedom will ring on, Thanks to our US :flag: Troops that are in harms way.

:raise: