PDA

View Full Version : New to SCMC

03JRClassicStg3
03-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Let me start off by clarifying, I do not own a Cobra...:(. I do own a 2003 Jack Roush Classic Stage 3 Convertible Red...some of the Starbux Tuesday Night crowd already know me. I've been out a couple of times on Tuesday night. Please don't ask who I've met, cuz I'm terrible with names, I know the one young lady with the 2 Cobras, and an older Stang also...I think her hubby has a Vette...and I remember Monte...and I think that's it...My name is James, I have 2 kids...I like to play with my pony....and I like my online games....other than that. I like to meet new people...so flame away everyone...glad to be part of your community.:bounce:

tazzracing1
03-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the forums. Lots of great and very helpful people here.

Firme
03-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi James :hello:

nckissfan
03-21-2006, 04:25 PM
welcome to the boards:thumbsup: So, who was it you met?:rotf: kidding;)

bluebyu
03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the family. Happy to have you aboard. Grab a cold one and jump in anywhere.:thumbsup: :bounce:

msmap
03-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi James, you found us!!! Go to the South Central forum, it's under the regional forums on the home page. That is where we are :)

97CasperCobra
03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Welcome James....glad you found the site!! We won't give you too hard of a time of not having a 4 valve :p .....I love the Roushes....so clean and so pretty. Hope to see you out soon. :thumbsup:

Steeda Snakes
03-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the site. Is your Roush redfire metallic? Did you buy it at Planet Ford?

03JRClassicStg3
03-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the site. Is your Roush redfire metallic? Did you buy it at Planet Ford?Yes it is...and Yes I did. Why do you ask?:thumbsup:

03JRClassicStg3
03-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi James, you found us!!! Go to the South Central forum, it's under the regional forums on the home page. That is where we are :).

I'll be there shortly...thanks for the invite and the welcome babydoll.:bounce::thumbsup:

Steeda Snakes
03-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Yes it is...and Yes I did. Why do you ask?:thumbsup:Well, that is an interesting story! The wife and I were heading back home late on a Wed. evening, home is Victoria, BTW! We had the '03 Cobra in for service at Gullo in Conroe. We purchased the '01 and '03 Cobra new from this dealership.......Awesome Dealership in my book! Anyway, while we were at Gullo, we looked at and test drove an '03 JR Classic Coupe. Not that I really needed another stang, but WTF? They shot me a price and I said I would think about it and that it was getting late and we needed to get on the road. As we are driving by Planet Ford on the way home I noticed a silver Roush, we decided to pull in and take a quick look. When we drive up, my wife spies a red JR Classic vert in the "dealer make ready" section. She really liked it, but I told her it looked as though it had been sold. Anyway, I decided to ask a salesperson.

I did, and he told me the deal had fallen apart. He mention something about some personal issues. So, I asked him if the car was for sale.....he said yes! I mentioned the JR Classic at Gullo, he asked me what they were going to sell it to me for, I told him. He then said; "I will sell you that red JR Classic Roush vert for that amount." I replied; "Really, well lets get the wife to take it for a spin." We did, she liked it. I told him, I would get with him in the morning after I secured the loan from my bank, not a problem. He also needed to fix the front bumper, replace the dry rotted tires (all of them), and a few other things. He said he would start on it first thing in the morning. We shook hands and the wife and I headed home.

The next morning I contacted him as I said I would and he starts to back peddle on the price, trying to get more money out of me. I told him that he had said, he would sell it to me for the asking price of the one at Gullo. This went back and forth, for a day or so, then he wouldn't return my calls, etc. When he finally got back with me, he said the "other" guy had come back into the picture and that he was going to wait for him for a couple of days to close the deal.

Anyway, so if you are the "other" guy, then you know the rest of the story. This was the second time, I had been treated this way by Planet Ford. The first time was back in 1997 and I swore I would never go back. But, the wife liked the Roush, so we tried again.

Oh well, hope you enjoy your car. If you want a Cobra, maybe we could work out a deal.........I have one for sale!:thumbsup:

Sorry so long.........but you asked why!!!!

03JRClassicStg3
03-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, that is an interesting story! The wife and I were heading back home late on a Wed. evening, home is Victoria, BTW! We had the '03 Cobra in for service at Gullo in Conroe. We purchased the '01 and '03 Cobra new from this dealership.......Awesome Dealership in my book! Anyway, while we were at Gullo, we looked at and test drove an '03 JR Classic Coupe. Not that I really needed another stang, but WTF? They shot me a price and I said I would think about it and that it was getting late and we needed to get on the road. As we are driving by Planet Ford on the way home I noticed a silver Roush, we decided to pull in and take a quick look. When we drive up, my wife spies a red JR Classic vert in the "dealer make ready" section. She really liked it, but I told her it looked as though it had been sold. Anyway, I decided to ask a salesperson.

I did, and he told me the deal had fallen apart. He mention something about some personal issues. So, I asked him if the car was for sale.....he said yes! I mentioned the JR Classic at Gullo, he asked me what they were going to sell it to me for, I told him. He then said; "I will sell you that red JR Classic Roush vert for that amount." I replied; "Really, well lets get the wife to take it for a spin." We did, she liked it. I told him, I would get with him in the morning after I secured the loan from my bank, not a problem. He also needed to fix the front bumper, replace the dry rotted tires (all of them), and a few other things. He said he would start on it first thing in the morning. We shook hands and the wife and I headed home.

The next morning I contacted him as I said I would and he starts to back peddle on the price, trying to get more money out of me. I told him that he had said, he would sell it to me for the asking price of the one at Gullo. This went back and forth, for a day or so, then he wouldn't return my calls, etc. When he finally got back with me, he said the "other" guy had come back into the picture and that he was going to wait for him for a couple of days to close the deal.

Anyway, so if you are the "other" guy, then you know the rest of the story. This was the second time, I had been treated this way by Planet Ford. The first time was back in 1997 and I swore I would never go back. But, the wife liked the Roush, so we tried again.

Oh well, hope you enjoy your car. If you want a Cobra, maybe we could work out a deal.........I have one for sale!:thumbsup:

Sorry so long.........but you asked why!!!!Very small world. Funny, but not. I went back and forth with these guys for like 6 weeks. They gave me some cockamamey story that someone else was looking at it, I told them SELL IT!! I need that car like a hole in the head. At the time, my wife and I had just gotten seperated and I was not looking for any new bills. Well, they came back to me telling me you had fallen through, finances or somthing like that. I told them well oh well...sounds like they were trying to play us off of each other. How much did Gullo want for their JRC if you don't mind me asking? They are a bunch of Jackasses there no doubt. The deal fell through like 3 times with me. The guys made zero--ZERO--zero money off of me. I gave zero down, they lost like 14g's on that car....boohoo...not my problem...MY GAIN! and they fixed everything that needed fixing on it too, new tires, the front bumper, changed all the fluids, full detail, rear end clunk changed out the rear end clutches, replaced one of the factory amps, fixed the alarm, ordered me a set of roush floor mats(4months later), and all around took care of me, but I had to stay on their ass!! :thumbsup:

Steeda Snakes
04-01-2006, 02:11 AM
I think we came into the picture about the 3rd time your deal had fallen apart. Because the car was gone about a week after I stopped calling them. As far as my finances falling through........NOPE, didn't happen! What happened is the salesperson "bit off" more than he could chew! They were going to sell me the Roush at Gullo for 30k. He said he would sell me yours for 30k, we shook hands and agreed, where I come from a man's word and a hand shake is a binding agreement. I guess not on the planet....FORD.:eek: I am assuming you paid about 6k or so more for the car, I don't know. But the whole thing was really a matter of principle for me, a deal is a deal. Like you mentioned about the "hole in your head", yea I have like five.:rotf: So, I didn't need the car either.

I guess I should have just wrote him a check that night. Oh well, he still probably would have tried to get more money out of me the next morning, or tried to get out of fixing those items that needed attention. Anyway, hope to meet you someday, when we are in H-Town.