PDA

View Full Version : Well....looks like I'll be selling the SVT...

97CasperCobra
03-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Focus. :p Not 100% sure but I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

Come August I won't be needing a "gas saver" anymore as I won't be driving to/from the Woodlands anymore for work. And it'd be nice to not have a car payment for a while. The Cobra should be driveable again this summer and handling to the "Maximum" capacity at that. :thumbsup:

can't believe I've put 15K miles on her in 10 months. :(

John Chingasos
03-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Keep the fucus because Gas Prices will go up in Summer again. My piece of crap camry pays for itself now. I save atleast $135 a month in Gas and another $65 a month on Insurance. Plus it keeps my babies in the Garage

jimmysidecarr
03-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Keep the fucus because Gas Prices will go up in Summer again. My piece of crap camry pays for itself now. I save atleast $135 a month in Gas and another $65 a month on Insurance. Plus it keeps my babies in the Garage

That is good advise...

I am a firm believer in "Beaters are MANDITORY"...
Unless your fun car is bone stock...(and even then it ain't a bad idea).

It is a near impossibility for a modified fun car to be as reliable as a stock one...

If the payments are in fact too oppressive... trade down to lower your payment... or sell it outright and buy a beater...(even old cars if carefully selected can be incredibly reliable---I would know..lol)

The Cobra is getting on in the miles department... add intense usage while open tracking or dragging...
Add 4.10 gears...
You could be looking at a bottom end overhaul someday with no beater to drive while Casper is down for new bearings(or what ever happens to fail)

The fuel economy and lower octane benefit can help also offset whatever your payment happens to be...
Designating the beater as the primary car and the Cobra as a pleasure use vehicle will also save money on insurance.

SVT FOCI are great cars... and could be looked at as the ultimate beater!!!

Give it some thought... but do try and retain an economical and reliable second car.... someday you may need it.

97CasperCobra
03-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Give it some thought... but do try and retain an economical and reliable second car.... someday you may need it.

Damn it Jimmy...I need to "ignore" your posts b/c you're always making reasonable sense. ;)

In all reality I'll probablyl keep it till next summer when i get a "REAL" job and can afford a "car hauler". :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
03-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Damn it Jimmy...I need to "ignore" your posts b/c you're always making reasonable sense. ;)

In all reality I'll probablyl keep it till next summer when i get a "REAL" job and can afford a "car hauler". :thumbsup:

How much you selling it for?

sbc.cobra
03-23-2006, 02:44 PM
How much you selling it for?

if you buy that, you'll just be looking for a house w/ a 4 car garage then. :D

93KingCobra
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
NO..... He can always sell me the other Cobra...... :D :thumbsup: