PDA

View Full Version : pulley setup...??

SVTcobra04
03-28-2006, 11:21 PM
ok, so im gettin a pulley. i wanna get this (http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-7852/billetflow-bf-nonslip-3-billetflow-03-04-cobra-non-slip-pulley-systemhub-and-3-pulleys.html) is that like the main SC pulley and the idlers or other pulleys to keep everything tight, or do i need these (http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-8328:66fa4f018acf3047faa34f328b2baf04/billetflow-bf-idler4pulleycombo-billetflow-03-04-cobra-snub-idler-bracket-w-4-idler-pulleys.html) to?

o and anyone know off hand what size belt ill need?

RedfireSVT
03-28-2006, 11:29 PM
You may want to check with Billetflow directly. They sell the complete setup and it may be cheaper. www.Billetflow.com (http://www.Billetflow.com). And yes I would advise the snub idler to reduce belt slip and the other idlers are important because the stock ones have been known to grenade.

InfamousSVT
03-28-2006, 11:49 PM
You may want to check with Billetflow directly. They sell the complete setup and it may be cheaper. www.Billetflow.com (http://www.billetflow.com/). And yes I would advise the snub idler to reduce belt slip and the other idlers are important because the stock ones have been known to grenade.
+1 :thumbsup:

Dave B.
03-28-2006, 11:57 PM
yes you must absolutly must have an aux-idler with any other pulley smaller than the OEM 3.5 or it will slip, and the smaller you go the more it will slip, in fact it will slip with an Aux-idler but reduced, If i were you and just now looking to put an SC pulley on, instead you may want to do
a Lower 6 Lbs and leave the 3.5 alone, thats the best set up to avoid belt slip, and I do not think with a lower that you need an Aux-idler, but you do have to change the Altenator pulley for sure, but the lowers a much better way to go. and what ever you do, stay away from Motoblue pulleys, Billetflows the way to go, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

spincobra03
03-29-2006, 05:18 PM
I got a 6lb lower and alternator and I have zero slip. Now looking back I really like the billet flow setup more for the looks, but if you go with a lower, find someone that really knows what there doing. Im torn with what to tell you what to get but if you go upeers and ilders billet flow is the best. but the main thing is before you buy call billet flow and ask them what the best thing is to do for a pulley set up.

Linn@Amazon
03-29-2006, 06:13 PM
I would recommend using the original patented Reichard Racing pulley .it has an ultra gripping surfaceand you will get ALL the benefits of the patent not only part of it...the Metco idlers pulleys are hardcoated and will not scratch or fade.

these are the only products we use when we do these installs for our 03/04 customers..after you have been doing these cars exclusively for 4 years you see what products hold up and which ones dont.

InfamousSVT
03-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I would recommend using the original patented Reichard Racing pulley .it has an ultra gripping surfaceand you will get ALL the benefits of the patent not only part of it...the Metco idlers pulleys are hardcoated and will not scratch or fade.

these are the only products we use when we do these installs for our 03/04 customers..after you have been doing these cars exclusively for 4 years you see what products hold up and which ones dont.
Very good point, I believe I'll be swapping mind out soon for the hardcoated ones:D :D

SVTcobra04
03-29-2006, 10:54 PM
ended up goin with a RR 2.76 and the billetflow idlers :)

RedfireSVT
03-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Don't know if you have done this or not but with that 2.76 make sure to upgrade your heat exchanger. Spinning a "Heaton" blower that fast is gonna build alot of heat. You'll like you're new power, it's gonna feel like a whole different car.

Linn@Amazon
03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Very good point, I believe I'll be swapping mind out soon for the hardcoated ones:D :D

good choice..did you see the ones we swapped out at the track Saturday? they were so bad that the belt was glazed from the aluminum and the ribs of the belt were wearing grooves in the surface of the pulley.

InfamousSVT
03-30-2006, 03:27 PM
I did see those, I'm sure after I upgrade, I'd be able to sell the Orange Billet flow ones to someone that has the Comp Orange Cobra. Since they aren't in production anymore and in good shape still ;)

Linn@Amazon
03-30-2006, 05:48 PM
people need to know the pros and cons of a product before they buy it so they can make an informed decision

RR03Cobra
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
On my 03 vert, I had the RR upper pulley and the Metco Aux. idler for belt slip and the Metco 3 piece idler pulley set. The Metco pulleys also look great when installed! That will be one of my first mods on the 03 :bounce: cobra I just bought!

InfamousSVT
04-02-2006, 09:01 PM
On my 03 vert, I had the RR upper pulley and the Metco Aux. idler for belt slip and the Metco 3 piece idler pulley set. The Metco pulleys also look great when installed! That will be one of my first mods on the 03 :bounce: cobra I just bought!
Rocky?? :doubt:

So you've got a Cobra again now?? Good choice, hope to see you down at Amazon again :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
04-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Jason,are you going to be over @FFW this weekend? we are all going as a group...

InfamousSVT
04-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Jason,are you going to be over @FFW this weekend? we are all going as a group...
Wish I could but I don't have the money to go anywhere right now. I will be at the Civil Wars the end of April to watch though if you guys are going to that :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
end of April...CA dyno day, LA dyno day BTW congrats on your trophy @ SCMC track day :thumbsup: those driving lessons helped a little ;)

RR03Cobra
04-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Yea Jason, I just bought another one a few weeks ago!! A white 03 hardtop! :D The vette just wasn't satisfying LOL:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
04-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Yea Jason, I just bought another one a few weeks ago!! A white 03 hardtop! :D The vette just wasn't satisfying LOL:thumbsup:
Welcome back to the good side.......LOL
So you plan on keeping this one for a while then?? :D

Linn@Amazon
04-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I think he may ;)