PDA

View Full Version : parts for sale...cleaning out garage

sbc.cobra
04-01-2006, 11:40 PM
i know this isn't the for sale section, but i don't or want to ship these items so please let it stay here for a little while if you don't mind. looking for houston peeps only please. trying to clean out the garage before i move into my new house.

flowmaster exhaust (taken off of my 03 cobra), it's already welded together - make offer

magnaflow x-pipe w/ cats - make offer

stock 17" 03 cobra wheels (satin finish...all in good shape, no curb rash...small scratch on one of the wheels, but it's barely noticeable) - make offer

pro 5.0 shifter for T-56 - make offer

2 ford focus fuel pumps (brand new in sealed box...i didn't need them) - $180 for both of them...i paid around $210 for them.

18" chrome AFS 03 cobra wheels, no curb rash - $1000

:thumbsup:

Bingo13
04-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Those Flows were special ordered and installed, only setup in the country like it, plenty of clearance when screwing down the coil-overs and going Porsche chasing, made the same power as the Borlas and Magnaflows. Let me guess, you are hanging a couple of 5" fart cans out back now? I need to return your check and save the car from a really bad Tuner Transformation. :p

Levi
04-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Let me guess, you are hanging a couple of 5" fart cans out back now? I need to return your check and save the car from a really bad Tuner Transformation. :p

:rotf:

jimmysidecarr
04-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Those Flows were special ordered and installed, only setup in the country like it, plenty of clearance when screwing down the coil-overs and going Porsche chasing, made the same power as the Borlas and Magnaflows. Let me guess, you are hanging a couple of 5" fart cans out back now? I need to return your check and save the car from a really bad Tuner Transformation. :p

How was the cabin drone issue with them... I'm still running stock exhaust :rolleyes:

But I like how the car is very civilized... but it is definitely WAAAY too quiet!!

Are the flows comparable to Magnaflows?? (they have a nice sound... and not too loud w/ a stock H and cats)

Or more like Stingers(LOUD!!!)

I might be interested if they don't drive you out of the car...(I'm old remember... I've already be through my loud stage)

sbc.cobra
04-02-2006, 07:50 PM
How was the cabin drone issue with them... I'm still running stock exhaust :rolleyes:

But I like how the car is very civilized... but it is definitely WAAAY too quiet!!

Are the flows compable to Magnaflows?? (they have a nice sound... and not too loud w/ a stock H and cats)

Or more like Stingers(LOUD!!!)

I might be interested if they don't drive you out of the car...(I'm old remember... I've already be through my loud stage)

about the same loudness as magnaflow...not near as loud as stingers. there is a drone at 2000rpm.

make you a good deal on the x-pipe and catback if you want.

jimmysidecarr
04-02-2006, 08:28 PM
about the same loudness as magnaflow...not near as loud as stingers. there is a drone at 2000rpm.

make you a good deal on the x-pipe and catback if you want.

When you heard them on the car that was together --> X pipe and catback...right???

I'm probably not going to be able to afford to do both... also I'm thinking for now... the stock H will be a touch quieter.

I don't want to insult you with a crazy offer...
Can you PM me an idea where you need to be with them???
Pics would be nice too if ya got em...

Also... are they stainless??? or regular steel... I know Basani makes a steel version... as an economical option... not sure if Flowmaster does that... they used to be all made of steel(aluminized).

The main reason I still have stock exhaust is because of money...
I've been buying brake pads, tires, entree fees and gas.... :rolleyes: (It's been pretty damn fun though!!!)

I may just be ready to step up and get a worthy exhaust on the car...
It deserves better than what's on there now!!!

sbc.cobra
04-02-2006, 10:22 PM
pm sent...it's a helluva deal :thumbsup:

Arch Angel
04-03-2006, 08:29 AM
trying to clean out the garage before i move into my new house.
New House? Hey congratulations Scott! Did Keith finally talked you into buying down the street from him?

sbc.cobra
04-03-2006, 08:44 AM
New House? Hey congratulations Scott! Did Keith finally talked you into buying down the street from him?

thanks. i bought another house in Fairfield. i close at the end of April.

jimmysidecarr
04-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Scott..

Any pics of the cat back yet??
Super 40s right???
Tips??
There used to be a rear x like on the FR500 FRPP system at one time I guess... Is that still on it???

sbc.cobra
04-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Scott..

Any pics of the cat back yet??
Super 40s right???
Tips??
There used to be a rear x like on the FR500 FRPP system at one time I guess... Is that still on it???

i'll get some pics tomorrow...they are in the garage. not sure which Flows they are. Gary (Bingo13) put them on. not sure which tips either, but i wish i could keep the tips (they are welded on as well)...best tips i've seen so far on an exhaust system. .

not sure what you mean on the last question. the x-pipe that i took off of the car is a Magnaflow x-pipe.

jimmysidecarr
04-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Well you know what a geek I can be...lol

So I did some digging and reading in Gary's old threads... and it seems that there were different stages that his exhaust went through... and I believe at some point he had a custom made rear X pipe after the mufflers and if I understand it correctly... it really cut down on his drone issue.
This would be a similar lay out to the FRPP FR500 cat back.
http://www.ninosport.com/ProductImages/frpp_fr500.jpg

So without pics it's tough to really now what's what due to the custom nature of the system.... and because of the different steps along the way.... to really know where it all ended up.

It sounds like a very well thought out piece though... and knowing what I know of Gary and his attention to detail.... and function I'm still pretty interested in it's possible purchase.

Thanks again!!!

sbc.cobra
04-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Well you know what a geek I can be...lol

So I did some digging and reading in Gary's old threads... and it seems that there were different stages that his exhaust went through... and I believe at some point he had a custom made rear X pipe after the mufflers and if I understand it correctly... it really cut down on his drone issue.
This would be a similar lay out to the FRPP FR500 cat back.
http://www.ninosport.com/ProductImages/frpp_fr500.jpg

So without pics it's tough to really now what's what due to the custom nature of the system.... and because of the different steps along the way.... to really know where it all ended up.

It sounds like a very well thought out piece though... and knowing what I know of Gary and his attention to detail.... and function I'm still pretty interested in it's possible purchase.

Thanks again!!!

it's a regular exhaust system from what i can tell...it looks nothing like that picture.

Bingo13
04-12-2006, 08:51 PM
The Flows were the Super 40s with 3" internals. There was a slight drone at 2000 rpm but I found them to be more mellow than the Magnaflows around town while providing a more big block sound in the upper RPM range. The entire piping system and tips were custom, while being designed around the Flows in order to deepen the sound without the traditional Flow loudness. Drone is subjective, what I thought was a mellow but definite tone from 1950rpm up to 2050rpm might be your worst nightmare. I do know there was no power difference between this Flow setup and the full Magnaflow setup. I bet if you kept the stock H-Pipe, the sound would be perfect and without drone. Most people could not believe the car had Flows on it, they were use to the Harley sound, and I received more positive comments on the car than I ever did with the other exhaust systems.

I had the FR500 system at one time, then went to Borlas/Stingers/Magnaflows with the front and rear x-pipe setup. I found the drone just about disappeared with that setup, why I changed, who knows? The car had over eight different exhaust combinations on it at one time or the other.