PDA

View Full Version : wheel hop?

spincobra03
04-07-2006, 04:33 PM
any suggestion on my 03 wheel hop. Ive been told 03 have this problem real bad as does mine. Ive been told an IRS brace??? any thoughts??

InfamousSVT
04-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Yes definately get one of the IRS braces from Billetflow or Steeda. Although the brace doesn't help the wheel hop it will protect you from chunking your rear-end out of the car when it does wheel hop.
Some have had great success replacing the rubber bushings with the urethane ones from Steeda etc..
Get some sticky tires for the street, BFG Dragradials and then if/when you go to the track get the MT ET Radial. :thumbsup:

AirForce1
04-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes definately get one of the IRS braces from Billetflow or Steeda. Although the brace doesn't help the wheel hop it will protect you from chunking your rear-end out of the car when it does wheel hop.
Some have had great success replacing the rubber bushings with the urethane ones from Steeda etc..
Get some sticky tires for the street, BFG Dragradials and then if/when you go to the track get the MT ET Radial. :thumbsup:
I agree with infamous when my car was stock and even when I had pullies on the Eaton alll I did was change out my tires. I would get eather bfg drag radials, or nitto drag radials. Size for 17" rims. 555r 315'S are the widest tire you can put on the stock 17"s

blk04cobra1
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Infamous is right, the brace is a very good option...here's what we suggest

1.Subframe connectors/IRS Brace
2.Springs
3.Bushiings
4.Sticky tires

This combo will run you close to $2000, but should take care of your hop :thumbsup:

mrpork
04-07-2006, 07:24 PM
i just installed steeda qa1 shocks and it seemed to help also put in the poly bushings,also the brace for the cover but i seem to have a little bounce in the ass end now but i guess i have to work on the setting a little

SpikeMT
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I changed my tires to: Nitto 555 Extremes...

Helped a ton.

Steve