PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ABS Reader

SuperG
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM
My ABS light has been on since I bought the car...now that I have resolved the get-up-and-go issues, it's time to focus on the slow-down-and-stop issues.

As I understand it, the ABS computer is NOT read via the EEC, rather an ABS specific reader. Therefore, I need to find a shop or person who has this capability.

Also, I have read that a cracked ABS housing is BAD...guess what I have? After I bought the car and got underneath, I found the ABS computer hanging by a thread, so I used tie-wraps to keep it from bouncing all over the place...of course, the mounting surface is broken.

Your help is, as usual, much appreciated!

jimmysidecarr
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM
My tech tells me that even though there is a separate ABS module.... the ABS codes are still read though same the pcm port that the engine trouble codes are read from.

For a 97 Cobra.

SuperG
04-11-2006, 03:22 PM
My tech tells me that even though there is a separate ABS module.... the ABS codes are still read though same the pcm port that the engine trouble codes are read from.

For a 97 Cobra.
I have a code reader and it does not even sense the ABS light...stupid orange light!