PDA

View Full Version : my night consisted of the Good, the Bad, the UGLY....

97CasperCobra
04-15-2006, 05:08 AM
We'll start this story off with the GOOD note....Got my axles today and ordered the rest of the parts for the rear-end. Then later on tonight I raced an older guy and his wife in a vert Carrera 4 and beat him. He got the jump on me all three times, but by 2nd gear I was gaining and 3rd I was passing. :cool:

Now for the BAD....saw the ex g/f tonight at the bar and it kinda killed my night. Hadn't seen her in a year and a half since I found out she'd been seeing/sleeping with someone else. Just brings back old stuff that I had thought were long forgotten.

Now for the UGLY....the Cobra got keyed tonight. Front driver's side quarter panel...about a foot long into the metal. Paint chips all on both sides of the mark. I'm at a loss for words on what to say.

Carl G
04-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike, that is just wrong.The girlfriend can always be replaced but the car, I dont know. Hang in their buddy, you got freinds :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
04-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Look on the bright side man now is a good exscuse to get the car painted and make it look really sweet......

PS..dont worry about the old G/F man it all in the past..let it go and be happy with your life... :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Look on the bright side man now is a good exscuse to get the car painted and make it look really sweet......

PS..dont worry about the old G/F man it all in the past..let it go and be happy with your life... :thumbsup:

yea.....but I want the car to HANDLE rather than look pretty. ;)

And the g/f is history....I'm as happy as can be. Just didn't expect it and would rather not have had to dealt with it.

SuperG
04-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Ow, Mike...that is a bad night. Hang in there bud! There's a lot of great days ahead of you that will erase this night!

Twice Bitten
04-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Sorry about your bad luck, put the car back together and go track it, you will feel better right away. :thumbsup: On a plus note, you can't see the scratch when all they can see is your tail lights and rear bumper :thumbsup: :D

Levi
04-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Sorry about your bad luck, put the car back together and go track it, you will feel better right away. :thumbsup: On a plus note, you can't see the scratch when all they can see is your tail lights and rear bumper :thumbsup: :D

Lesson to the man. :yup:

The pain will all go away right after the first warm up lap. :cool:

Old girl friends. :crazy:

Firme
04-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear Mike. Forget the old G\F, come hang out with your buds tonight, and I will buy you a beer :cheers:

That sucks about some a$$hat keying your car. :mad: Like everyone said, noone will able to see it while Casper is blazing around the track...

03 cobra toy
04-15-2006, 05:37 PM
That sucks Mike....

Remember no one can take your SCMC friends away from you :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-15-2006, 05:44 PM
That sucks Mike....

Remember no one can take your SCMC friends away from you :thumbsup:

this is true and this is why I love you guys.....:love: :D....and to think she wanted me to give this all up!!!! :nope:

Last night has come and gone....it's been a GREAT year and a half of single life, I'm doing what I love and I don't regret a day of it.

Now if I could only NOT see the gash in the paint when I'm behind the steering wheel.....:(

I think some touch-up paint will have to work till I can save up for a REAL paint job. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
04-15-2006, 06:19 PM
the new "pinstripe" :mad:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/173/3903/43895.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/173/3903/43896.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/173/3903/43897.jpg

01PETSNAKE
04-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey, met you on the Austin run Bart's twin Cobra. The best revenge about the old girlfriend is always let the other guy have them! About the new pinstriping no matter what that is BS!! Hell that ticks me off!!! For whatever it's worth have a HAPPY EASTER!!!

Andy M
04-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Mike,

BUMMER man!!! :(

Hey, where exactly did this happen?... any chance it was the ex and/or her new guy? just wondering?... at any rate, that kind of thing just really pisses me off!! It is one thing to not care about one's own property, but my father taught me at VERY early age to ALWAYS respect other people's property!!! I learned this the hard way at a very young age and it has stayed with me all my life. I just don't understand what goes through someone's mind to make them do something like this to someone else's vehicle??? :mad:

97CasperCobra
04-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Hey, where exactly did this happen?... any chance it was the ex and/or her new guy?

Not exactly sure when/where this happened as I went to two bars and a late night stop at Whataburger that night. I finally realized it at Whataburger. It really doesn't matter WHO keyed the car b/c I can't really do anything about it. I think it's better that I don't know otherwise I'm sure I'd be in jail right now if I found out who it was. ;)

Cobra G
04-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Hard luck man, I've had similar days and thats something know one should have to deal with. Hope you have a Happy Easter and hope you showed a few more imports whats up.:fordflag:

ORANGE CRUSH
04-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Damn dude that bites. You need a trunk monkey.

Firme
04-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Damn dude that bites. You need a trunk monkey.

This would have helped Mike at the time he noticed the scratch. Click (http://media.trunkmonkey.com/video/suburban/Trunk_Monkey_OnCall_Ravine_Radio_Commercial.mp3)

ViperBlueCobra
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Damn. That sucks mike.

Have you talked to Mike with MPH for painting it? he was the guy that painted my bumpers on the mach.

97CasperCobra
04-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Have you talked to Mike with MPH for painting it? he was the guy that painted my bumpers on the mach.

I'm not gonna repaint it as there's an online company that'll match your paint and sent you a small amount with some clearcoat as well. I'm just gonna wet sand it and do the best i can. It'll do till I can get the car FULLY painted after I graduate. :thumbsup: