PDA

View Full Version : Took the car out of storage yesterday...

Blown96Snake
04-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Dad and I rolled the Cobra out of storage yesterday. It has been sitting for about 2 months.

First, the battery was dead. We used the jump box to start it, but once dad removed the cables, it died....

After 2 more attempts, it started okay, but didn't sound right. Sounded like it was missing so I just pulled it out slowly and it died again with basically no warning.

After jumping it again, it was really skipping now and dad drove it up to the front of the shop. He had to keep reving it to keep it from stalling...it sounded like a Grand Am Daytona Protoype moving through the paddock. After he got the car moving at 5-10mph, he totally let out the clutch (before he is on/off the clutch to keep from spinning the grass) and it sounded horrible, it would backfire w/ some black smoke and it was running like absolute crap....

He would sit there stopped and bring the rpms up to 3000 and then it would just drop off to 1500. Dad is going to have his techs look at it, but it really puzzles me...

I have been really displeased with the way this car has run for the last 3 years since being rebuilt at True Blue. I think it mostly has to do with the tuning. I understand that some of you guys that got tuned at True Blue have ditched your autologic chip in favor of a Superchip custom chip (I think). Driveability sucks on my car, it surges and will cut off when the a/c system is on.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar to what happened yesterday. Also, where have some of you guys gotten your cars tuned? Thanks for the help!

Dave

Big Daddy
04-17-2006, 11:18 AM
DITCH THE AUTOLOGIC CHIP! Get a tune from one of the SCT dealers in the area. Both Amazon and Pro-Dyno are SCT dealers and tuners and from what I've seen both have avid followings which means they both must do good work tuning. Get them to tune your car, you will NOT be sorry! :thumbsup:

Blown96Snake
04-17-2006, 11:46 AM
So how much will the SCT chip run me and can they do it in an afternoon? I see pro-dyno is in Fort Mill...

Thanks Big Daddy!

Dave

Big Daddy
04-17-2006, 12:49 PM
So how much will the SCT chip run me and can they do it in an afternoon? I see pro-dyno is in Fort Mill...

Thanks Big Daddy!

Dave

I had best let them tell you how much for the chip and how long to tune. If you don't have an SCT MAF you will probably want one of those also. Talk to Dan or Rob they can give you the skinny for your snake.

blk04cobra1
04-17-2006, 01:20 PM

Thanks Big Daddy!

Dave
If you would like to have Dan tune your car, we plan to have him at our shop late next week :thumbsup: . Shoot him a PM for the pricing.

Blown96Snake
04-17-2006, 02:20 PM
If you would like to have Dan tune your car, we plan to have him at our shop late next week :thumbsup: . Shoot him a PM for the pricing.

That would be great, but my Cobra is two hours away from me right now.

Dave

Blown96Snake
04-19-2006, 03:02 PM
So they deep charged the battery, "woke up" the computer and got it running okay. However, they still didn't feel like it was running smoothly. So they checked the plugs and wires and sure enough, the plugs were gapped incorrectly. Dad said it is running well now.

Next order of business is to get lined up for a SCT tuning session.

Dave