PDA

View Full Version : A/F question again

spincobra03
04-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Does anyone know if the "dyno tune" a/f gauge is any good. Its a great price thats for sure. If not what is the brand I should buy. How do people have theirs mounted. I dont really want it on the dash. Anyone have a pic of there setup?

smashedheadcat
04-21-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm unfamiliar with the dyno tune guage, but I can give you some general information on air to fuel monitoring. As long as it hooks up to a wideband o2 sensor then it will be "AS" accurate at the sensor is. If the guage does not come with it's own wideband, then it's essentially worthless. If it clips into the factory o2 sensor..... it won't be accurate. The narrow band o2 sensors can only tell if they are richer than, leaner then, or equal to 14.64 to 1.

Linn@Amazon
04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
we only recomment the FJO portable WB... ..they use a very robust sensor which is more reliable than some of the others that use an inexpensive sensor that can go bad and give you inaccuarte readings...for monitoring something as important as AF you need a very reliable monitoring system.

InfamousSVT
04-22-2006, 12:24 AM
we only recomment the FJO portable WB... ..they use a very robust sensor which is more reliable than some of the others that use an inexpensive sensor that can go bad and give you inaccuarte readings...for monitoring something as important as AF you need a very reliable monitoring system.yep, I'm having that problem with my sensor now. I'm going to see if Rick can get me something else to hook up to the guage I have now or something. :thumbsup:

edit: I've got the AEM guage setup

Linn@Amazon
04-22-2006, 06:30 PM
....since he is a certified instrument calibrator he did alot of research before he chose the FJO he uses..the one he uses monitors 2 channels and reads the leanest...they have different models to chose from with various price ranges..

InfamousSVT
04-23-2006, 05:34 AM
....since he is a certified instrument calibrator he did alot of research before he chose the FJO he uses..the one he uses monitors 2 channels and reads the leanest...they have different models to chose from with various price ranges..
I'm going to have to talk with Rick next time we are down there to figure some things out. Also Linn, how much to install a gear in my car (Solid axle)?
I'm having a weird noise coming from the rear-end and everyone says that it's the gear. I believe it's got a Motive gear in it now and I'm wanting to swap it out for a Ford Racing gear (both 3.73).

PM me a price on the install and the price of a gear when you get a chance. Thanks :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
04-23-2006, 11:38 AM
We like the DynoJet WBC...we're also installing a WesternMotorsports one this week and we'll see if we like this one better...

Linn@Amazon
04-23-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm going to have to talk with Rick next time we are down there to figure some things out. Also Linn, how much to install a gear in my car (Solid axle)?
I'm having a weird noise coming from the rear-end and everyone says that it's the gear. I believe it's got a Motive gear in it now and I'm wanting to swap it out for a Ford Racing gear (both 3.73).

PM me a price on the install and the price of a gear when you get a chance. Thanks :thumbsup:
thats why we only use Ford Racing gears.. Pm sent

smashedheadcat
04-24-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm also a fan of the wide band commander from dynojet. They have great support, and it's a pretty complete package for the money. It can datalog, it's cheap, and it has a warning light that can be setup in reference to throttle position, air to fuel, rpm, etc etc. It can also be used to trigger nitrous. It can automatically shut off your nitrous system if the air to fuel ratio is leaner than what you desire. It can do a lot, and the sensors are no different than what 99% of the dynojet shops use. It's not the best sensor in the world, I'm not saying that, but it is a very nice piece for the money.

Linn@Amazon
04-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I think this is one area just like a good tune that should not be compromised...if you are going to monitor your AF it should be done with a monitor that is robust and will give you reliable readings...

just so an informed decision can be made here is a link to product info

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WBAFR/

Pro-Dyno
04-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know if the "dyno tune" a/f gauge is any good. Its a great price thats for sure. If not what is the brand I should buy. How do people have theirs mounted. I dont really want it on the dash. Anyone have a pic of there setup?We always recommend FJO it is the only one that I have found that is repeatable and the wide band lasts the longest. The biggest problem we have seen is that wide band sensorís need to warmed up to there op temp before exhaust gas is introduced. So they will remain calibrated properly. The sensorís that are permanently installed in exhaust pipes arenít able to have this warm time. so after a wile they fail or get out of calibration. So replace your sensor at least every 300-400 hours or sooner 400-500 would be for a wide band that can go threw the warm-up cycle.

:thumbsup:

jackers
05-01-2006, 12:36 AM
I am a huge fan of the Inovative stuff. The LC-1 or the LM-1 are very accurate and live a long and heathy life.

Linn@Amazon
05-02-2006, 05:58 PM
I know several who would not agree with you about the LM1... but to each his own...

tazzracing1
05-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Dan or Linn can you please pm me a price for th wide band set up you use. Thank You for your time

Larry

jackers
05-02-2006, 08:59 PM
HHmm, could you expain? I don't doubt you, just never heard anything bad from them, and I have been on the other boards religiously for 2 and a half years now. I know you guys have a shop and all, just looking for what it is you don't like about them exactly.

blk04cobra1
05-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I think retail on the FJO is $385 :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
05-03-2006, 06:43 PM
HHmm, could you expain? I don't doubt you, just never heard anything bad from them, and I have been on the other boards religiously for 2 and a half years now. I know you guys have a shop and all, just looking for what it is you don't like about them exactly.

they use an inexpensive sensor that fails more frequently than the robust sensor that the FJO uses. Dan explained why...

Linn@Amazon
05-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Dan or Linn can you please pm me a price for th wide band set up you use. Thank You for your time

Larrythe dual channel kit is $385.50 then you have to add the sensor and they give you options..3 different ranging from $289.50-to the inexpensive Bosch at $70.75
then shipping charges added to that

there is a single channel kit $292.25 add sensor + shipping

they also have bungs and gauges and other options....

InfamousSVT
05-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Linn, I may have my AEM gauge replaced with the FJO one depending on funds after the next batch of mods are installed. :thumbsup:

Or I may just purchase a new sensor every 6 months for the AEM one. :rotf: