Lumpydogs
04-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey All,

I just tried the new Turtle Wax Ice yesterday. I was amazed and how
easy it is to put on and buff. This stuff is not only safe for plastic trim
(no hazing) but makes it shine with deeper color. I paid $20 for a bottle
with applicator and microfiber towel included. I did my cobra and used maybe
half a tablespoon. The bottle should last for dozens of applications. I have
no idea how long the shine and protection will last, but quick, easy and brilliant shine
are thumbs up in my book.
The Ice actually helped remove some of the old paste wax smudges on trim pieces.

Very rarely do new products live up to the hype but the new Ice by Turtle
Wax is an A+ :thumbsup:

ausie
04-22-2006, 12:30 PM
I was looking at that product a few days ago. Thanks for the review. :thumbsup:

Recently I tried the P21s caranuba wax on my silver 04. (bought it when I had the black 01 and used it once but it did not bring out the deep look like meguires nxt wax did.) After trying it on the silver paint, WOW did it pop. It has similar properties what you described about the Ice is that it did not stain rubber or plastic. What I like about the P21s wax is that bugs just wipe off easily where as with meguires syn wax I have to scrape them off. The only bad thing about the P21s wax is that it smells really bad but it works. (trick with this stuff is not to let it haze completely).

I will have to try the Ice product now that someone recommends it. :cool:

ausie
05-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Gave it a try finnaly :thumbsup: I no longer need to use "back to black" on the plastic trip since this stuff can be used on all external surfaces including glass. I did not think it would make much of a difference on a silver car but it did. :thumbsup:

mrpork
05-31-2006, 09:06 AM
does the "ice" give it depth when looking at it or is it just that you like it because it comes off easy:stupid:

SMOKE
05-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Always good to hear recommendations.
:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

ausie
06-01-2006, 07:43 AM
does the "ice" give it depth when looking at it or is it just that you like it because it comes off easy:stupid:
I would believe it is the depth of the shine that impressed me. As far as comming off easy, it acts more like a detailers spray wax but you apply it with a applicator sponge. It does not haze like a typical wax. It is more like a glaze but it will not leave an oily residue on the paint (does not leave that nice slippery feel when touched with the skin but with a buffing cloth it just slides right off). I would chaulk it up comperable to Mequires NXT as far as shine goes if not better. It also shines up the plastic trim and rubber seals around the glass similar to Mothers "back to black". I did not try it in direct sunlight although they claim it can be applied in that manner. I will be out in the rain with the car today to see how well it beads and holds up. As far as removal, or buffing, there are no complaints in my book but that is not much of a reason for me to like the product. It is the end result which mattered the most since I frequent many car shows and a deep shine is important.

mrpork
06-01-2006, 10:52 AM
let me know how it beads up

ausie
06-02-2006, 07:03 AM
let me know how it beads up
It did what it was supposed to, beads up just like any other wax. Since I used it on the windshield as well as all other glass, I did not get any streaks when using the wipers. :thumbsup: The heavy rain did not seem to pose any problems. Had I known the storms were to be severe I would have driven my exploder.

tazzracing1
06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Well I made the switch to ICE it even makes a yellow Cobra look deep and this is the first prodduct I could see the difference before I removed it as I did one half and headed for the other side.

97CasperCobra
06-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Damn...now I'm gonna have to buy it so I can detail up the Black Focus!!! :thumbsup:

mrpork
07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
well just bought my first bottle now to just get itr on the car :eek:

mojosvt
07-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I have to say that I joined the "Ice" club. Worked great on my father's mystic, and wonderful on my mineral grey. But where I think it work the best, was on my wife's 2000 Cherokee. Really made the black pop, and it works wonders on all black trim. Brought all the grey trim back to a bright black.!:D

tazzracing1
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Well if you want a great deal on ice do a search for turtle wax ice the have a two pack deal with the detailer.

Lumpydogs
07-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Sorry Guys, but I have to give myself a pat on the back for being the first on the board with the Turtle Wax Ice.

I feel like one of the cool kids now. :rotf:

CobraSusie
07-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey All,

I just tried the new Turtle Wax Ice yesterday. I was amazed and how
easy it is to put on and buff. This stuff is not only safe for plastic trim
(no hazing) but makes it shine with deeper color. I paid $20 for a bottle
with applicator and microfiber towel included. I did my cobra and used maybe
half a tablespoon. The bottle should last for dozens of applications. I have
no idea how long the shine and protection will last, but quick, easy and brilliant shine
are thumbs up in my book.
The Ice actually helped remove some of the old paste wax smudges on trim pieces.

Very rarely do new products live up to the hype but the new Ice by Turtle
Wax is an A+ :thumbsup:Thanks for the info, I have been curious about this product and haven't heard anything from anyone about it, guess I'll go and buy a bottle :thumbsup:

MarcInJapan
08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I used KLASSE All In One...really good stuff. I also use Merzerna products. This stuff is not cheap, but is great stuff.

mrpork
08-10-2006, 03:19 PM
that what all you guys are if you use it on your babys. yea its easy but is it good for the finish. you can get the same results from furniture polish(pledge) is what i have used in the past. just spray and wipe and youll have the shine of a lifetime till the first rain or wash . but that stuff(turtle wax ice) just doesnt seem to be good for your finish, to oily to be any good maybe im old fashion and believe paste wax is the way to go:thumbsup:

bolt-on
08-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Sorry Guys, but I have to give myself a pat on the back for being the first on the board with the Turtle Wax Ice.

I feel like one of the cool kids now. :rotf:

Thanks for the info, have been waiting since your first post for my Vista Blue California Special to arrive so I could see how deep I could make it look. Sure looks good :thumbsup: and I use the Turtle Wax Ice detail spray. Have it registered for the car show in Sept, hope to see you there.
Mrs. Bolt-on