PDA

View Full Version : new pads/rotors, still squeel, what to do?

BadMoFo
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
ok had new pads/rotors put on about a month or so ago, since I dont have a garage and live in an apt I had to have them done by midus. well they were squeeking when they got put on, took the car back said wtf, they said I had to put some miles on it, well nearly 2,000 miles later still squeel. what do I need to do?

cobrabitn
04-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Bring them over here the next time you want them changed and we'll do it ourselves. :D

I would go back and make them fix it. They probably could have put some of that gel/sealer that reduces brake squeal. It's the pads squealing when they are up against the caliper pistons, that's what is most likely causing the problem.

They should be able to remove the pads and put some of that sealer on the back of the pad to make it quit doing that.

beerkat
04-27-2006, 08:18 AM
I see that you put 2,000 miles on them, but have you bedded them in. That is get them hot by doing a set of hard braking from 60mph to 20 mph and 40 mph to 0 mph. That mihgt help the noise.

BadMoFo
04-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I did the bed in process. oh and just fyi they are power slot rotors and hawk pads. I took it back once and the guy said put more miles on it, so I am going to go back now that I have more miles on them.

ausie
04-30-2006, 12:00 PM
When you get new rotors, they have a coating on them that needs to be cleaned off (typically with soap and water) but that is probably not the issue. To seat new pads, start off slow. Several 30mph to full stop. Then increase the speed gradually by 10mph always comming to a full stop. If you have any grinding noise or difficulty stopping at any speed, chances are they put the pads in backwards (friction material facing away from the rotor) which I doubt is possible with the mustang but I did find out the hard way it is possible with an Expolorer. :rolleyes:

beerkat
05-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Some high performance pads, track pads, are noisy until they are hot no matter if they are bedded or not.